Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Default Titanium back up

I just switched from the Droid X2 to the Droid 3. I did an app + user data back up. After rooting(petes method) and installing TB and the Pro Key I go to restore and it just gets stuck at the first one. I tried to uncheck the first one to see if it was just that one and it got stuck on the next one. Can you tell me how to remedy this or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arparaspolo View Post
I just switched from the Droid X2 to the Droid 3. I did an app + user data back up. After rooting(petes method) and installing TB and the Pro Key I go to restore and it just gets stuck at the first one. I tried to uncheck the first one to see if it was just that one and it got stuck on the next one. Can you tell me how to remedy this or what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
I have a solution to my problem. I am not sure if it is because I have switched devices but, I have to go in one by one and manually re-install everything. Hopefully this is just a one time deal. Please let me know if there is a better way so I can do it next time.

Thanks
Last edited by arparaspolo; December 22nd, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,251 Posts

Quote:
I have a solution to my problem. I am not sure if it is because I have switched devices but, I have to go in one by one and manually re-install everything. Hopefully this is just a one time deal. Please let me know if there is a better way so I can do it next time.
TB does this when you install the free version. It must not be recognizing the pro key. Perhaps you have it stored in the wrong location?
Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): VZW D3 (rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Go into the market, accept the terms, and download the key directly from the market and do not try to restore it. It should show up as purchased in the market and the download is just kilobytes.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox985 View Post
Go into the market, accept the terms, and download the key directly from the market and do not try to restore it. It should show up as purchased in the market and the download is just kilobytes.
If TB Pro was purchased from the market, this would be the case. If you are old-school and purchased a license TB directly from the developer before the pro version was on the market, and got a license.zip file from the dev, then you need to unzip that file, copy the TitaniumBackup_license.txt file to internal storage, restart TB so that it recognizes the license - it says licensed on the front display - and you should be all set.

I think it has to be on internal storage (i.e., /sdcard), not on a microSD card (i.e., /sdcard-ext).
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
If TB Pro was purchased from the market, this would be the case. If you are old-school and purchased a license TB directly from the developer before the pro version was on the market, and got a license.zip file from the dev, then you need to unzip that file, copy the TitaniumBackup_license.txt file to internal storage, restart TB so that it recognizes the license - it says licensed on the front display - and you should be all set.

I think it has to be on internal storage (i.e., /sdcard), not on a microSD card (i.e., /sdcard-ext).
I purchased the Pro Key directly from the market. And downloaded Titanium backup the same way.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid X, Droid 3, Moto X

uninstall both and re-download.. Might work then...
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycbrf4 View Post
uninstall both and re-download.. Might work then...
I manually installed them one by one through TB. I am getting another D3 tomorrow as this one isn't quite right. Hopefully I can just use the batch operations and one click to install everything. *fingers crossed*
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): VZW D3 (rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
I manually installed them one by one through TB. I am getting another D3 tomorrow as this one isn't quite right. Hopefully I can just use the batch operations and one click to install everything. *fingers crossed*
You should be able to. Just ensure that the Google account with which you purchased TB is added and has accepted the terms in the market. Then download TB and the key. I've done this 3 times with all 3 of my replacements.
Old December 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox985 View Post
You should be able to. Just ensure that the Google account with which you purchased TB is added and has accepted the terms in the market. Then download TB and the key. I've done this 3 times with all 3 of my replacements.

I think that because I changed to a different model of phone it made me do it manually. So hopefully when my replacement comes everything will be copacetic. I will let you know what happens. Should be about this time tomorrow.
sponsored links

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3