Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 25th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default No Wi-fi? No MMS messages?

So over the past few weeks, my phone, a Droid 3, has been going wacky. I dropped it in the tub a few weeks before everything started to turn sour. I doubt it has anything to do with this since it was so long before everything happened, but I am reluctant to take it in to the Verizon store because the water stickers changed colors.

So, my wi-fi just wouldn't turn on one day several weeks ago. Right beneath the turn on wi-fi button in settings, it would say "turning on" for a while, and then simply say, "error." It won't turn on for anything.

Then, just two days ago, I couldn't receive a picture message. I didn't think anything of it. Today, I was sent a bunch of picture messages that my phone wouldn't receive. It just says "message not received" and there are two buttons, "download" and "reject" and when I hit the download button it would say "downloading" for a while until it says "message not received" I tried to send a MMS message but it does not work at all. It tells me that it was not sent.

I've googled this problem, and it seems like other people have been having the same problem, but there are solutions for Samsung phones and HTC phones, but nothing for a Droid phone. I've tried few things, but nothing works.

sponsored links
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): VZW D3 (rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and attribute it to water damage or corrosion. It's nearly impossible to fully dry out a phone once it's saturated and I bet that some lingering water is why your issues are arriving weeks late.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Tags
download, error, mms, picture, text, wifi

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3