Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 1st, 2012, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Droid 3, HTC EVO, HTC HERO, Moto Cliq XT, Toshiba Excite 10, Nexus 4,Note 3
Carrier: TMO

Angry Verizon to discontinue the DROID 3 in January

Link : Verizon to discontinue Motorola Droid 3, LG revolution in January 2012 | Android Headlines

Nice to see that they couldn't wait a while longer. It seems the life of these new cell phones are getting shorter and shorter, my original Evo. Lasted longer than this

Advertisements
The Following User Says Thank You to onpointG35 For This Useful Post:
PolicyWonk (January 1st, 2012)
sponsored links
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,240 Posts

Until it's confirmed, this is just a rumor - just like the fact that the Droid 4 will be released December 8 - make that December 22 - make that ...
Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Confused Is this a bad thing?

I see people all over talking about how the shelf life of the D3 has only been 6 months. If you are a glass half empty kind of person, then this is bad news. But I am a half full kind of guy. The way I see it is, all of us with a D3 might get upgraded when they run out of stock on said D3. How? Well what happens if/when your D3 malfunctions? You call Verizon, they have you master reset and it still acts up, a new refurbished phone is on it's way. But wait, I am sorry sir we are out of D3's. A replacement? D4. The D3 is the best phone out in my opinion. I will settle for nothing less. HAHA. This may all be a fantasy in my head but we will all see what happens. *Evil Laugh* muahahahahahaha
Old January 3rd, 2012, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arparaspolo View Post
I see people all over talking about how the shelf life of the D3 has only been 6 months. If you are a glass half empty kind of person, then this is bad news. But I am a half full kind of guy. The way I see it is, all of us with a D3 might get upgraded when they run out of stock on said D3. How? Well what happens if/when your D3 malfunctions? You call Verizon, they have you master reset and it still acts up, a new refurbished phone is on it's way. But wait, I am sorry sir we are out of D3's. A replacement? D4. The D3 is the best phone out in my opinion. I will settle for nothing less. HAHA. This may all be a fantasy in my head but we will all see what happens. *Evil Laugh* muahahahahahaha
I suppose it is worth hoping, though it should be noted that the Droid R2D2 is still being sold certified pre-owned. VZW may still have a boatload of D3s around. Not only that - they have started that trade-in program.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Plus, I'd rather have my Droid 3 than a Droid 4. Or any other currently available phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to glennj For This Useful Post:
onpointG35 (January 14th, 2012)
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I have had alot of problems with three different D3's that ive been through ill be glad to see it go.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3