Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 25th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Droid 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Exclamation Droid3 > MetroPCS > questions & answers

ok, i'm looking for others out there with a Droid 3 running on MetroPCS or that know about this kinda thing. I have some questions.

I had a guy from CraigsList flash a Droid 3 over to MetroPCS for me. He was in the Detroit market, which everything worked fine (except it was always in 1x, never 3g). He warned me that when I got home to my market (Flint) that it might not work. I took the risk. He was right. I did some searching and found someone from my market with the same issue on a Droid X that resolved the issue using a custom PRL. I did my reading, figured out how to do that using QPST, but in my first try something went wrong. I ended up having to restore from backup using Rom Manager. Unfortunatly, the only backup I had made was before I went to the guy from Craigslist to have it Flashed to Metro. I cant afford to go back, so I'm stuck doing this on my own now. After the restore, I was surprised to see the phone was still linked to the Metro Account. I flashed the custom PRL, and now had talk and text! (only had txt before). But no internet, mms, gps, market, etc.... I did some reading and tried putting "metropcs", "000000", and a custom SPC (calculated off my MEID using a MetroPCS SPC algorithm) like i read in the forums. Still doesnt work. So i'm going to follow a guide i found for people trying to fix web/mms/gps/market that works on droid 1s and droid 2's.....

has anyone tried this on a droid 3 with metropcs?
can i use a custom rom like CM9?

sorry if these are noob questions. i am a noob. but i did try and do the respectful thing and research for 3 weeks straight before asking....

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old February 26th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): VZW D3 (rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

I feel like this is a rather isolated, specific issue. I'd like to help, but this just isn't my thing. Hopefully someone else will come along who knows. Also, you may have better luck over on XDA Forums where there are more nitty-gritty technical phone people.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3