Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Music Player/Gallery Problem

Hey all,
So here's my problem.
I've had music and photos synced to my phone for quite a while now. I usually do it by taking out the SD card, putting said card into computer, and transferring files. Works dandily, until now..
This evening, I decided to add Dream Theater's "new" album to my phone. So I did the same procedure - took out the SD card, put into computer, copied mp3's onto card, ejected card, put into phone. But now my phone is acting all screwed up.
Basically, the music player doesn't work. Native player, Mixzing, cubed - none of them work. in the case of all of them, I open up the app and it gives me nothing more than either a) a blank screen or b) a loading icon. After a while of either, i get an "app not responding, force close/wait/whatever".
Very abruptly, this has started happening to my gallery as well. I open gallery and it all looks fine, then I hit my library to view all the photos and bam! freeze. or it opens up a blank window. this happens for quickpix as well.
What happened to my good ol' phone? is it an SD card problem, or what?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,593 Times in 1,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by obelix5150 View Post
Hey all,
So here's my problem.
I've had music and photos synced to my phone for quite a while now. I usually do it by taking out the SD card, putting said card into computer, and transferring files. Works dandily, until now..
This evening, I decided to add Dream Theater's "new" album to my phone. So I did the same procedure - took out the SD card, put into computer, copied mp3's onto card, ejected card, put into phone. But now my phone is acting all screwed up.
Basically, the music player doesn't work. Native player, Mixzing, cubed - none of them work. in the case of all of them, I open up the app and it gives me nothing more than either a) a blank screen or b) a loading icon. After a while of either, i get an "app not responding, force close/wait/whatever".
Very abruptly, this has started happening to my gallery as well. I open gallery and it all looks fine, then I hit my library to view all the photos and bam! freeze. or it opens up a blank window. this happens for quickpix as well.
What happened to my good ol' phone? is it an SD card problem, or what?
It sounds like an SD card problem to me. If you have everything backed up, you could try reformatting and copying files back.

When you say, "I usually do it by taking out the SD card", are you just taking it out or are you dismounting it first by going into settings->storage->Unmount SD card? Because if you are not dismounting first, I would suggest doing that from now on.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): VZW D3 (rooted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
It sounds like an SD card problem to me. If you have everything backed up, you could try reformatting and copying files back.

When you say, "I usually do it by taking out the SD card", are you just taking it out or are you dismounting it first by going into settings->storage->Unmount SD card? Because if you are not dismounting first, I would suggest doing that from now on.
I bet it's an SD card issue as well due to your "taking out the SD card" habit. It was probably in use when you pulled it once. Personally, I just use my USB cable whenever possible and then use the USB Storage option from the pull down menu. For me, it's easier than unmounting it with the above method.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, stock JellyBean rom, rooted and unlocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox985 View Post
Personally, I just use my USB cable whenever possible and then use the USB Storage option from the pull down menu. For me, it's easier than unmounting it with the above method.
I second redsox. The cable xfers at a good rate and will keep your SD card "clean" of errors. Be sure to eject your device in windows when done.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): VZW D3 (rooted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroNix View Post
I second redsox. The cable xfers at a good rate and will keep your SD card "clean" of errors. Be sure to eject your device in windows when done.
Or unmount from the computer from the phone by switching to charge only mode.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Tags
bug, droid, freezing, gallery, glitch, music, player, problem

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3