April 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 116 Times in 44 Posts
Motorola Droid 3 Screen Repair Guide
This take apart written repair guide will show you how to replace the cracked touch screen or damaged LCD screen of your Motorola Droid 3. It will take you through each step from removing screws, to flex cables, adhesive and much more.
This guide will help you install the following Motorola Droid 3 part (s):.
- Motorola Droid 3 Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Motorola Droid 3 LCD Screen Replacement
- And Other Motorola Droid 3 Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Torx T3 Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer
Motorola Droid 3 take apart/repair guide:
- First step is to remove the back battery cover by simply pressing in the button to loosen the cover. Once done you can easily remove the back battery, SIM card, and memory card.
- Remove the small torx screws using a T5 Torx Screwdriver and set them aside (shown in Figure 1). You must lift the information sticker to reveal all the screws and have access on it.
- Easily pry apart the back housing of the phone from the front housing, starting at one end and working your way slowly around the phone with the use of a safe pry opening tool.
- Cautiously unclip any clips that are holding any ribbons, etc. in place. Regularly appear as flat pieces of metal, but are sometimes an actual ribbon cable shown in Figure 2.
- Next, remove the camera ribbon cable off its socket in the motherboard using a safe pry tool.
- Cautiously remove all the connectors and remove the screws that hold the motherboard in place as shown in Figure 3. Then start removing the motherboard, be cautious not to damage any ribbons or cables in the process. Use safe pry tool where it seems capable, including the antenna wire.
- Carefully remove the headphone jack assembly which looks like a squiggly cable once the motherboard is removed. Shown in Figure 4.
- Once the headphone jack assembly is totally removed, use a safe pry tool to remove the Wifi antenna and vibration motor in a carefully. Then, lightly slide the safe pry tool along the edges to reveal the slide plate. Shown in Figure 5.
- Next, start to peel off the keyboard to expose all of small screws that is needed to be removed. As shown in Figure 6, unscrew all the screws and lightly remove the display assembly from the slide mechanism and keyboard. For further assistance in prying apart, use safe pry tool and do it slowly and carefully.
- To replace the LCD screen, heat first the adhesive that holds the glass in place using a heat gun or hair dryer, and then gently begin prying the screen off using safe pry tool.
Now you will be able to replace any parts on your Motorola Droid 3. Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.