Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Wallpaper problems

Hello, I've had my D3 for about two months now and love it for the most part. I have rooted it and installed titanium pro to freeze most of the bloatware. One problem I am having, and it started before I rooted my phone is sometimes it likes to revert my wallpaper back to the default wallpaper.I am using a picture of my kids stored on my sd card for my wall paper. It's happened four times since I had the phone, the first time was actually the first day I had it which at the time i contributed to me playing around with all the settings. It just did it a few minutes ago where it showed the default wallpaper, but now it's back to my custom one and I didn't have to re-set it. Is this just a glitch in the android OS, or is something else going on? Only other issue I have had is a problem with wi-fi which I replied in another thread about.

sponsored links
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Evo 4G, Moto Milestone X, Optimus V, HTC Wildfire S, Huawei M835, PDNB 7

Thanked 1,245 Times in 797 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to brotherswing

Typically that happens after a reboot, or using your phone in USB storage mode. What happens is the sd card is mounted after the rest of the system is already up and running, so the wallpaper isn't available to the system when the screen is rendered. It's a limitation of the hardware and the only way around that is to use a phone that has no sd card, or move the photo you want for the wallpaper to the internal memory (which would require root access.)
Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011)

Thanked 1,536 Times in 1,204 Posts

This happened to me quite often with the stock Motorola launcher, and almost always happened when I was switching from portrait to landscape and back when I flip the keyboard open and closed. (Not always - it happened once a week or so.) It was a real nuisance. Since switching to an alternate launcher - Go Launcher EX, ADW EX, and Zeam are good choices - it has never switched back to the default wallpaper.

I have my kids as my default wallpaper as well...
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

This happens to my wife all the time... gets her really upset. She does not have an SD card; her phone is completely stock. I have Liberty ROM and have never had this problem.

I'm gonna see if she would like a different launcher. I'll report back if she accepts and it fixes the problem.
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): VZW D3 (rooted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzce View Post
This happens to my wife all the time... gets her really upset. She does not have an SD card; her phone is completely stock. I have Liberty ROM and have never had this problem.

I'm gonna see if she would like a different launcher. I'll report back if she accepts and it fixes the problem.
Whenever connected to the computer in a mode that allows the internal memory to be mounted and accessed, she may be losing the background. The internal memory is essentially an SD card, anyways.
Old May 8th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011)

Thanked 1,536 Times in 1,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzce View Post
I suggest that you restart the phone after you install the new launcher, just to make sure that stock is out of memory. By the way, you can always uninstall the launcher and be back to the stock launcher, with everything set up the way it was before you installed the new launcher, so there isn't really a risk of trying a new launcher.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3