Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Droid 3 with Page Plus

Does anyone know if droid 3 works with Page Plus Cellular? I need to buy a new phone and am looking at the Droid 3 but Page Plus Customer Service says we can't guarantee that all the functions on the droid 3 will work, i.e. skype, web browser, etc. They can only guarantee text and talk. But I need a smartphone for my business scheduling, etc., and want to get a droid to have access to apps.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindapmft2 View Post
Does anyone know if droid 3 works with Page Plus Cellular? I need to buy a new phone and am looking at the Droid 3 but Page Plus Customer Service says we can't guarantee that all the functions on the droid 3 will work, i.e. skype, web browser, etc. They can only guarantee text and talk. But I need a smartphone for my business scheduling, etc., and want to get a droid to have access to apps.
My wife and I both have Droid 3's with page plus right now...Only thing we had to do was swith over to basic phones on our verizon accts so that the droid 3's wouldn't be locked in to the Verizon accts.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by czombie View Post
My wife and I both have Droid 3's with page plus right now...Only thing we had to do was swith over to basic phones on our verizon accts so that the droid 3's wouldn't be locked in to the Verizon accts.
Sorry for being dense, but I am not comprehending your meaning. If I buy a D3 of craigslist, is it possible that vzw may have locked it?
Old May 23rd, 2012, 09:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHebe View Post
Sorry for being dense, but I am not comprehending your meaning. If I buy a D3 of craigslist, is it possible that vzw may have locked it?
All Verizon phones are technically locked to their network. But that doesn't mean you can't use a D3 on Page Plus. Before buying a used phone for use on Page Plus, make sure that the MEID is cleared for use. Ask the seller for the ESN/MEID (use the 14 digit hex number, starts with A00000, located under the battery and also in the phone: settings>about phone>status). Check the number with Verizon, Page Plus or an online dealer to see if it's good to go. Do not buy a used phone that has a "Bad ESN" or comes back as "Not Clear" for use. It cannot be used on Verizon or Page Plus.

The "Bad ESN" phones can sometimes be flashed to work on another carrier, such as Metro PCS.

I just switched my Page Plus account to a D3. Liking the phone so far. I don't use data, only WiFi. Everything's worked to this point.
Old December 6th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus S 4g, Optimus s

Send a message via Skype™ to NOMster Eric.der.viking

I'm trying to activate one now and its giving me "emergency calls only". I've gone through the programming with ppc twice but still giving me that error.
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid 3

The first thing I would do is verify that the ESN/MEID number given to Page Plus is correct. Make sure that the number under the battery matches the number that is in the phone. Then double check and triple check the MEID number that Page Plus has listed for the phone. Quite often this can get entered incorrectly at their end (8 instead of B, missing a zero, etc.) If everything is correct, try OTA programming again. There are a few different ways to do this after activation is complete by Page Plus:

Dial *22890 and press the send key.
If that doesn't work, try *22801 and select option 1.
If that doesn't work, try *228 and select Option 1.

I don't remember which method I used as it's been a while. I remember having an issue using *22890.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3