Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Droid 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Unhappy Random rebooting

Hi everyone. I've had the droid 3 for about 8 months now. I have been having issues with the phone randomly rebooting itself since February. I went to verizon 3 different times and got three different answers. They first said it was one of my apps, it was the battery, it was my SD card. It seems they don't really know. I received my replacement phone on Wednesday... and it is having the same issues. Is this a common issue with the droid 3? I have to say I am pretty frustrated with it. I want a different phone but I have a feeling Verizon is going to keep sending the Droid 3... Since I got my replacement phone I have only downloaded Twitter, facebook, and Instagram.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old July 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,251 Posts

I had very occasional random restarts with my D3 - once a month at most - until I received the over the air update to 906 in May, and it has only happened once since.

It's possible that it's the battery - perhaps the terminal connections are bad? If you've tried a new phone and battery, it's probably not that, though. Since you have so few apps on the replacement phone it's probably not an app.

Try calling for a new handset (ask them to send a battery as well, in order to rule that out.)
The Following User Says Thank You to doogald For This Useful Post:
Irishk8lin (July 30th, 2012)
Old July 30th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Droid 3
Carrier: Not Provided

They booted my replacement phone in safe mode to rule out app issues. If that doesn't work then they were going to hard reset the phone. It's just very frustrating to have continual issues. I'll give the battery a try though. Thank you very much.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3