Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 22nd, 2012, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Question calendar widget

I am using the stock calendar and have the widget on one of my homescreens. I have it sized to approximately 3/4 the width of the screen and the full length. Until yesterday, it would show the next 6-7 events in my calendar and I could scroll down and see yet a couple more. Yesterday, it would only show 5 and I couldn't scroll to see more events. Today, I am down to 4. I tried resizing the widget with no improvement. There are just the next 4 calendar items and blank space underneath it. The events are still in my calendar, they just aren't showing up on the widget. I tried turning the phone off and back on. I tried deleting the widget and adding it back on. This morning I re-synced the google calendar and my outlook calendar and everything is still there. I just don't know why it won't show up on the widget like it used to ????

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,238 Posts

The stock Droid 3 calendar widget was always problematic for me. It is an attractive widget, for what that's worth, but idoesn't show all day events for the current day, for example - it considers them completed. Basically, once an event begins, it disappears from the widget.

Sorry that I can't answer your question - the same thing is not happening to me when I install the widget myself, and there do not appear to be any applicable preferences for the widget.

At the moment, I do not use any calendar widgets. However, I downloaded and use a third party calendar app called Business Calendar. Even if you do not use the app, it gets data from the stock calendar and it has widgets; though not scrollable or resizeable, it has scroll controls that allow you to load more events.

There is a free version that displays ads in the app (though not in the widgets, I believe), and the for-pay app also lets you configure the widgets more. The paid app is $4.99.

Free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=netgenius.bizcal&feature=related_apps

Paid app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mikado.bizcalpro

[edit] I forgot that there is another widget app that I used to use called Android Pro Widgets. Despite the "pro" in the name, they are free. It may be a solution as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rdr.widgets.core
Last edited by doogald; October 22nd, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Tags
calendar widget

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3