Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Motorola Droid 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via Yahoo to skeezix1970
Default DROID 3 wifi problems

sorry if this has been asked before (I'm using tapatalk, and trying to search kinda sucks and hasn't helped me).
my problem is, when I'm at home I always use my wifi on my phone, and have never experienced any problems.
lately though, when I connect, my status bar shows that I'm connected to my wifi, but the signal bars are gray. I have opened my wifi settings and chose to 'forget' my home connection and then re entered my password, but no luck. my xbox360 and wii are working just fine, so I know the problem is with my DROID....
any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Rick

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,236 Posts

When the bars are gray, can you or can you not browse the web with the phone?

Also, the very next thing to do is to try restarting the WiFi router. See if that helps.

What are your WiFi router settings? b, g, n or all? Which channel? And which security do you use (WEP, WPA or WPA2)?
Old December 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Motorola Droid 3
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via Yahoo to skeezix1970

I cannot browse the Web at all. set to WPA/WPA2. As for the channel, I will have to wait until I get home to check. I never had any problems though until last week. I'll try resetting the router. I'm actually a little embarrassed I haven't thought of that already
Old December 4th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezix1970 View Post
I cannot browse the Web at all. set to WPA/WPA2. As for the channel, I will have to wait until I get home to check. I never had any problems though until last week. I'll try resetting the router. I'm actually a little embarrassed I haven't thought of that already
If the router reset doesn't work, and if the rest of your devices can support WPA2, try setting the security to WPA2 only. I've seen issues in the past with WPA security using AES (TKIP is the normal WPA encryption standard used, while WPA2 uses AES.)

Having to reset the router is an annoying solution, IMHO. THe uptime of my router is since the last time the power went out at my house. That's the way it should always be!
The Following User Says Thank You to doogald For This Useful Post:
skeezix1970 (December 4th, 2012)

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3