Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 18th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default BlueTooth Audio Streaming Problems

I have a new JVC head unit in my car and Iíve been having intermittent streaming issues. When it does not work, the stereo shows that the BT is connected and the D3 shows itís connected with audio streaming but there is no sound out of the stereo. If I try Pandora, it will show whatís playing on the JVC but no audio. If I unpair/repair all streaming from any source will work fine until I turn off the JVC and I have to unpair/repair.

I tried my wifeís D3, EXACT same issue. I also tried this with my old HTC Hero and the Hero works fine every time so at this point, I would say it has something to do with the D3ís BT stack.

I have delete both from the JVC and D3 and repaired, Iíve tried some BT apps to no avail. Any suggestions?

My D3 is not rooted but if thereís a chance that there is a ROM that could fix this issue, I will do it! Help!!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 18th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,251 Posts

Randoid, BT streaming like that is something that I have never tried, so I probably won't be much help. That said, I will say that I sincerely doubt that rooting will solve the problem. As far as I know, rooted phones and custom ROMs for the D3 that work with Bluetooth are just using the same BT stack as the stock OS.

In scanning through the D3 and Bionic threads (the Bionic had a very similar build as the D3 when it had Gingerbread), I've seen the same issue reported without resolution. (See this, for example: Bluetooth issue with JVC KD-R820BT )

This may sound weird, but is it possible that there is a software/firmware update for the JVC deck? I'm not sure if your model has an update, but this may be the place to look: Software Updates

If you look at that page, for example, there is this one:

Quote:
KW-ADV64BTJ, KW-AV60BTJ, KW-AV60J, KW-AV68BTJW, KW-AV70BTJ, KW-AV78BTJW firmware update

This update improves the Bluetooth compatibility with CDMA phones.
The Droid 3 is definitely a CDMA phone... obviously, that may not be your deck, but perhaps there is an update?
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone) Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (last phone, backup)
Carrier: Verizon

I have the same problem with my Motorola RAZR HD Maxx and my Bose SoundLink BT speakers. Very unstable connection with music streamed from the cloud. More stable with playing music from the phone itself though.

I get the same thing - the music will go away but it appears that the music is still playing on the app. I had no problems with the Bose and my iPhone. Also, I had the problem with the RAZR with both ICS and now JB 4.1.1. I've contacted both Motorola and Bose and neither were very helpful, blaming the other.

I only tried to stream music from the cloud once to my BT equipped car and had the same problem so I just gave up on that. It would seem that there is an issue with the BT stacks in the Google OS, although only with certain BT receivers and mostly when dealing with music streamed from the cloud. It's annoying. Streaming music from the cloud is huge for me. If they (Google) don't fix it soon it just might be enough to push me back to iPhone.

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3