Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default touch screen unresponsive...digitizer?

First of all, hello to everyone on the forum, and thanks in advance for all your input.
So I bought my droid 3 last December(13 months old), and yesterday, as I was sending a text message, the touch screen suddenly became unresponsive. I tried turning it off but couldn't touch "power off" so I went the 'battery pull' route, tried resetting several times, including some simple tests. Read around online, and also tried a factory reset(volume buttons and power button on restart). No dice. Also a side note, I dropped it back in July(2 days after ordering an otterbox) and spider cracked the screen, but up to yesterday, everything worked perfect, and I didn't feel like spending money for a cosmetic issue. Anyhow, I don't know if that's related but it seems highly possible.

After searching forums and online, I've come to the conclusion that I would like to buy a replacement digitizer kit, as this appears to be the main component of the touch screen. And my issue most likely seems to be hardware, rather than software.

So I guess my main question is, could there be any other issue, or is the digitizer most likely the problem? 30$ for the kit doesn't seem to bad, but I don't want to spend 30$ on something that won't fix my phone....err...my very expensive digital clock(at this point).

Thanks again for the input!

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,585 Times in 1,235 Posts

Let me first say that I do not know for sure, but if a factory reset did not fix it, it does sound like a hardware problem.

This thread/post you may find helpful: Motorola Droid 3 Screen Repair Guide

Motorola DROID 3
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon Wireless will continue their fabled DROID line with the third-coming of their original Android Phone: the Motorola Droid. The Motorola DROID 3 will see some of the biggest changes to the series since its inception, with a dual-core processo... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 3