Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Droid 4 headset plugin?

I just got my first Droid (Droid 4) and I'm trying to figure out how to plug a headset in. It looks like I should just be able to plug a 3.5 mm headset into the top but the plug only goes about half way in and then stops. I am, of course, somewhat reluctant to apply significant force. What sort of wired headset can you use with a Droid? I was hoping to be able to use my stereo headset/microphone combination that worked so nicely with my previous Motorola Razr Maxx.

sponsored links
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Antidisestablishmentarian

Device(s): Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,362 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to johnlgalt Send a message via MSN to johnlgalt Send a message via Yahoo to johnlgalt Send a message via Skype™ to johnlgalt johnlgalt@gmail.com

moved here from the original Motorola Droid forums for better exposure to D4 users

Files for the Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®:
Motorola USB drivers v5.9.0 | Motorola RSD Lite v5.7
My DropBox Referral link
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Droid 4,HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Ret.), Motorola Droid (Ret.)

It is in fact a 3.5mm jack. Apply (slowly) a bit of force. First time is always tightest (giggity), but it will work. If it fit your original droid, then it will fit your D4
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Default Fixed, thank

As per suggestion, wiggled it about a bit. It still sticks out a little but I appear to have stereo sound and mike works so, problem if not solved at least can be ignored for the forseeable future. Thanks!
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHaggard View Post
As per suggestion, wiggled it about a bit. It still sticks out a little but I appear to have stereo sound and mike works so, problem if not solved at least can be ignored for the forseeable future. Thanks!
I know this thread is old but I felt I needed to put my two cents in. Unfortunately, the curvature of the back of the phone causes the plug to stick out ever so slightly to enable the base of the plug to stay level while ensuring the plug makes good contact. This means that (probably to the chagrin of many users) the plug will never be able to go in all the way. I had the same issue and was also scared to apply too much force. A friend of mine put too much force on it without considering that it could just be the design of the phone and broke the tip off in the jack It took us an hour to safely remove it. Also, don't forget to mess with your sound settings! ( Menu button > settings > sound). I'm not sure if other recent android phones have been including audio tweaks such as equalizers and presets for music, because my last phone was a G1 Droid, but I was excited to discover this feature after a few days of listening to music and thinking my phone's audio was just always going to sound 'off' to me.

Motorola DROID 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Droid 4 will be the fourth entry into Verizon and Motorola's Droid lineup. Following in the footsteps of previous models, the phone will feature a slide-out five-row QWERTY keyboard (most resembling that of the Droid 3). Other spec... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 4