May 2nd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
a few observations and a question
coming from 2+ yrs on OG Droid. Traded up for D4, mostly because the OG was getting outdated, but really liked the original.
Have found that:
1. The new, although very quick can be buggy in odd ways (resets to defaults, behaves quirky during and after usb connect to pc)
2. Camera can give a 'fuzzy', shot through vaseline quality to some pics.
3. Not having a removable battery can be a slight bummer at times, but not as big a deal YET as I thought.
4. The whole 'internal SD' vs 'external' SD does not allow for an exactly smooth flow of data, especially when mining on your own...
5. The 'media storage area' is a cheap substitute to being able to move your apps to the external SD.
6. Motocast, while a good idea in theory is not quite as good in practice (at least for me).
7. overall I like the phone, it has potential....
Have been using handcent sms for a while and was working fine...until yesterday (see aforementioned bugginess after pc/usb mating ritual with the help of motocast). Now popup shows as well as the notification bar icon. when press delete on popup the popup deletes, but notification bar icon remains and must open HC app to actually delete the message. before last night, simply pressing delete on the popup woud have gotten rid of message and bar icon......any ideas?? have tried uninstalling app, reloading, restoring default messenger, turning off/on D4 and resetting by holding power and volume down key.....