Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 4

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 26th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): DROID 4 / Android 2.3.6
Carrier: Not Provided

Default What is the frequency range of the headphone jack? Subwoofer doesn't pick it up.

Droid 4 --> headphone jack --> 3.5 to RCA conversion cable --> receiver --> speakers & sub.

I've been experimenting with a new home stereo subwoofer that performs very well when playing CD's.

But when playing mp3/320's from google music (google music is supposed to support that transfer when the recording is 320 and google music set at high quality), I'm not getting any sub woofer output. I don't believe that this is a problem with the mp3 recording itself----my sub crossover is dialed up to 160 Hz which is *more* than high enough to overlap with a recording.

So I was wondering if the output jack doesn't reach down to 160 hz. That I would find very surprising since it's only about 1 1/2 octaves below "Middle A" (which is 440 hz).

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old August 27th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): DROID 4 / Android 2.3.6
Carrier: Not Provided

Hmmmm......apparently it's working now.

I'm suspicious of this, but I'll be glad to call it a cockpit error for now. Perhaps I got lost in the various testing configs. Beats me.

Sorry all. {shrug}.

Motorola DROID 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Droid 4 will be the fourth entry into Verizon and Motorola's Droid lineup. Following in the footsteps of previous models, the phone will feature a slide-out five-row QWERTY keyboard (most resembling that of the Droid 3). Other spec... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 4