Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 4

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Metro PCS lg f6
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via Skype™ to Satires
Default I have a question, I'm building a guide to stop Verizon OTA updates to ICS and JB.

It's not of popular choice, but there are those for what ever reason who do not wish to upgrade to ICS or JB.

I put together a guide on the bionic forums and suspect all Verizon motos are the same.

I think it's only fair that those who do not wish to upgrade have a choice and I wish to make a guide for each Verizon moto.

Do you have these files system/app/BlurUpdater_VZW.apk AND Upgrader.apk?

My guide for the bionic is here, I'm not encouraging people to use it other than on the bionic which I own two of them and have tested it. [Guide] How to block upgrades and updates on Motorola Bionic

I would tailor the guide to each specific phone and place it in the rooting section of each compatible moto on version. And of course recommend a pro for that particular model to validate my guide and recommend any changes.

Advertisements
If for any reason you wish NOT to upgrade to ics or jb (When it comes out, see this thread. http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/637553-guide-how-block-upgrades-updates-motorola-bionic.html
Last edited by Satires; October 30th, 2012 at 02:53 AM.
sponsored links

Motorola DROID 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Droid 4 will be the fourth entry into Verizon and Motorola's Droid lineup. Following in the footsteps of previous models, the phone will feature a slide-out five-row QWERTY keyboard (most resembling that of the Droid 3). Other spec... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 4