Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 4

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 11th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Need help updating Droid 4

I'm trying to go from 6.13.15 to 6.13.19, in the hopes that this will allow me to update to the new ice cream sandwich build they've been pushing out for a while. When I go to do the straight update it downloads it, reboots, tries to install, then fails and reboots again.

I am rooted, but all I've ever done with the root is titanium backup and voodoo root protector, and turned off all the verizon social networking crap with Gemini App Manager. I have since turned them back on, thinking maybe that was causing the problem, but it didn't help.

Someone suggested trying a manual update, so I downloaded the update file, but when I boot into the recovery menu (Both volume buttons and power), my down volume key doesn't work, so I can't select anything, so I can't try to install the manual update!

I'm...kind of at a loss here. I've been trying this off and on for months and I'd really like to actually get it to update.

Help?

Alternately, would there be any way to just skip straight to the 4.0.4 update?

Advertisements
Last edited by Dalrint; November 11th, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
sponsored links

Motorola DROID 4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Droid 4 will be the fourth entry into Verizon and Motorola's Droid lineup. Following in the footsteps of previous models, the phone will feature a slide-out five-row QWERTY keyboard (most resembling that of the Droid 3). Other spec... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid 4