Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid Maxx

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Outatime

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 22nd, 2013, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Assist

Is your Motorola assist meeting silence working with meetings coming from exchange

Advertisements
gb4d is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 56 Times in 17 Posts
Default

haven't tried that out yet, but i know assist does not work for me while driving
blackwizard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cincybearcatfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,378
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, iPad Air
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 394
Thanked 2,009 Times in 681 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwizard View Post
haven't tried that out yet, but i know assist does not work for me while driving
I'm not real sure what it's supposed to do when I'm driving but it does recognize when I'm in a car and it asks when texts come in if I want them read aloud.
__________________
CBF
Cincybearcatfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2013, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 56 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincybearcatfan View Post
I'm not real sure what it's supposed to do when I'm driving but it does recognize when I'm in a car and it asks when texts come in if I want them read aloud.
i never could get mine to do that. neither on an incoming call nor an incoming text. they just arrived as usual.
blackwizard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwizard View Post
i never could get mine to do that. neither on an incoming call nor an incoming text. they just arrived as usual.
Just wondering if you are connected to your car via BT. That's my situation, and I can't get car Assist to work at all (other than the Maxx sensing I'm driving).
davpel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 56 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davpel View Post
Just wondering if you are connected to your car via BT. That's my situation, and I can't get car Assist to work at all (other than the Maxx sensing I'm driving).
nope. my car doesn't have bluetooth capabilities. never even turned on bluetooth on my phone.
blackwizard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 185
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 43 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Just had a look at this on a Mini. It doesn't appear to be as flexible or useful as Smart Actions. On my bionic, I have it turning off the volume during work hours and launching Pandora automatically when its in the navigation dock and connected to my car's BT. Smart actions is available on the play store yet it says its incompatible with the Mini. I suspect it will be with the Maxx as well. I can appreciate what Assist is trying, but it needs to allow for some tweaking by the user to their specific needs.
CKwik240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cincybearcatfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,378
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, iPad Air
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 394
Thanked 2,009 Times in 681 Posts
Default

I would love for Assist to auto launch Waze anytime it senses that I'm in my car driving. Anyone know of a way to make that happen?
Cincybearcatfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Outatime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,331
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Maxx, Moto 360
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 837
Thanked 416 Times in 288 Posts
Default

The car thing works for me, the overnight silence thing doesn't. Which you'd think would be easy. If I get texts or email, it still dings.
__________________
Want to join Android Forums for free? Join here!
Outatime is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cincybearcatfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,378
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, iPad Air
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 394
Thanked 2,009 Times in 681 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime View Post
The car thing works for me, the overnight silence thing doesn't. Which you'd think would be easy. If I get texts or email, it still dings.
Sleeping Mode works well for me. Driving and Sleeping actually both work for me with no issues (that I have encountered yet).
Cincybearcatfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Outatime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,331
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Maxx, Moto 360
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 837
Thanked 416 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincybearcatfan View Post
Driving and Sleeping actually both work for me with no issues (that I have encountered yet).
Now that's just funny.
Cincybearcatfan likes this.
Outatime is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Outatime For This Useful Post:
Cincybearcatfan (August 30th, 2013), dantheman7 (October 1st, 2013)
Old August 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cincybearcatfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,378
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, iPad Air
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 394
Thanked 2,009 Times in 681 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outatime View Post
Now that's just funny.
I see what you did there
Cincybearcatfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MoPhoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 646
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus / Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 919
Thanked 936 Times in 397 Posts
Default

Sleep works for me fine. I can't get text messages to read in the car but it does announce calls. I use Handcent so dont know if that makes a difference. My exchange appointments dont silence the phone either for meetings =(
MoPhoMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 185
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 43 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Just adding a new observation. My GF has the Mini. We got her car dock a couple of weeks ago. Set her up and everything works. Today, we got in my car and as we were driving away from our home, her Pandora launched. Apparently, it thought she was driving. This didn't happen before because we usually took her car for errands (Chevy Volt). Tonight, we took my car because the Volt battery was depleted. I haven't run into that problem on my phone, but I have the driving part turned off because it has been so frustrating. Assist is an utter failure. Bring back Smart Actions Moogle.
CKwik240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,800
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 519
Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKwik240 View Post
Just adding a new observation. My GF has the Mini. We got her car dock a couple of weeks ago. Set her up and everything works. Today, we got in my car and as we were driving away from our home, her Pandora launched. Apparently, it thought she was driving. This didn't happen before because we usually took her car for errands (Chevy Volt). Tonight, we took my car because the Volt battery was depleted. I haven't run into that problem on my phone, but I have the driving part turned off because it has been so frustrating. Assist is an utter failure. Bring back Smart Actions Moogle.
It makes sense that it thought she was driving, as she was moving at the speed a car usually does.

Driving mode of the assist app is one of the fixes named in the Moto X update that was sent by OTA to T-Mobile and Sprint Moto X phones. That fix is coming. I'm willing to bet that SmartActions is not.
doogald is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
18t
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 144
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKwik240 View Post
Just adding a new observation. My GF has the Mini. We got her car dock a couple of weeks ago. Set her up and everything works. Today, we got in my car and as we were driving away from our home, her Pandora launched. Apparently, it thought she was driving. This didn't happen before because we usually took her car for errands (Chevy Volt). Tonight, we took my car because the Volt battery was depleted. I haven't run into that problem on my phone, but I have the driving part turned off because it has been so frustrating. Assist is an utter failure. Bring back Smart Actions Moogle.
i noticed this also, so i fixed it by turning off GPS until i open gMaps or connect to bluetooth in my truck. through tasker of course.
18t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,800
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 519
Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

One other thing: if you are a passenger you can pull down the notifications and there will be an option that says "I'm not driving" to make it jump back out of driving assist mode.
doogald is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 185
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 43 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
It makes sense that it thought she was driving, as she was moving at the speed a car usually does.

Driving mode of the assist app is one of the fixes named in the Moto X update that was sent by OTA to T-Mobile and Sprint Moto X phones. That fix is coming. I'm willing to bet that SmartActions is not.
I certainly understand why it is happening. The trigger they decided on has obvious limitations. Perhaps there are more variables it looks at and may even get it right at some point. But these are growing pains I just don't have time for. I want a system that just works. Smart Actions just worked for me and my GF. She tried Llama and didn't care for it. I tried the Tasker free trial and found it didn't work. I'm sure there is a learning curve, but given its a paid app, I'll wait to see what happens.

While I appreciate the attempts to help, its not what I'm looking for actually. I'm just stating my gripes with Assist. Hopefully Google/Motorola listens.
CKwik240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
rabidhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,115
 
Device(s): Moto DROID Mini Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 117
Thanked 350 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKwik240 View Post
I certainly understand why it is happening. The trigger they decided on has obvious limitations. Perhaps there are more variables it looks at and may even get it right at some point. But these are growing pains I just don't have time for. I want a system that just works. Smart Actions just worked for me and my GF. She tried Llama and didn't care for it. I tried the Tasker free trial and found it didn't work. I'm sure there is a learning curve, but given its a paid app, I'll wait to see what happens.

While I appreciate the attempts to help, its not what I'm looking for actually. I'm just stating my gripes with Assist. Hopefully Google/Motorola listens.
Perhaps Agent will be of more use to you. It is $1.99, but it seems to be easier than Lllam and Taskr.
__________________
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Groucho Marx

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Bacon!!!
rabidhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rabidhunter For This Useful Post:
MoPhoMan (October 8th, 2013)
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): OG Droid, Droid 3, Droid Razr, and Droid Maxx
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb4d View Post
Is your Motorola assist meeting silence working with meetings coming from exchange
I finally got the Meeting feature to work. In setting up my meeting in my calendar, I had to select my Gmail address instead of Device Calendar. The reason for this seems to be because the Device Calendar does not allow you to invite a guest to your meeting. The Device Calendar also does not allow you to be seen as "Busy". I also had to select a guest that was one of my contacts. So, I created a fictitious contact called "Meeting Guest". My fictitious guest had to have an email address. So, I set up a fake email address as well. You could use your own email address, but then Motorola Assist sends you an unnecessary email invitation to your own meeting. Perhaps this is another good way to confirm that the app is working. I set the app to silence my phone by allowing vibrate only. I also set it to auto reply that I was in a meeting.
msaunders9430 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,800
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 519
Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaunders9430 View Post
I finally got the Meeting feature to work. In setting up my meeting in my calendar, I had to select my Gmail address instead of Device Calendar. The reason for this seems to be because the Device Calendar does not allow you to invite a guest to your meeting. The Device Calendar also does not allow you to be seen as "Busy". I also had to select a guest that was one of my contacts. So, I created a fictitious contact called "Meeting Guest". My fictitious guest had to have an email address. So, I set up a fake email address as well. You could use your own email address, but then Motorola Assist sends you an unnecessary email invitation to your own meeting. Perhaps this is another good way to confirm that the app is working. I set the app to silence my phone by allowing vibrate only. I also set it to auto reply that I was in a meeting.
The device calendar is pretty useless anyway, as it is not synced and will be lost if you factory reset the phone, etc. By the way, it's not Motorola sending out the meeting invite email - that's a feature of Google calendar.

Anyway, thanks for the update...
doogald is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
rabidhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Illinois
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,115
 
Device(s): Moto DROID Mini Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 117
Thanked 350 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincybearcatfan View Post
I would love for Assist to auto launch Waze anytime it senses that I'm in my car driving. Anyone know of a way to make that happen?
Cincy, try using Condi (previously Mini-Tasker). It has a seeing to launch navigation apps (Waze) automatically when driving.
rabidhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rabidhunter For This Useful Post:
doogald (October 26th, 2013)
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cincybearcatfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,378
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, iPad Air
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 394
Thanked 2,009 Times in 681 Posts
Default

I can't figure out why but my phone no longer asks me if I want to reply to text messages audibly. It will announce that I have a new text message, it will ask me to say "listen" if I want to hear it. What used to happen is it would ask me if I would like to reply, listen to my reply and then ask me if I wanted to send it. That no longer happens. Anyone know a fix for this?
Cincybearcatfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Outatime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,331
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Maxx, Moto 360
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 837
Thanked 416 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Hey CBF,

Do you have the "Voice Reply" radio button checked under Driving in Assist?
Outatime is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 09:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cincybearcatfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,378
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, iPad Air
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 394
Thanked 2,009 Times in 681 Posts
Default

Yes
Cincybearcatfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Outatime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,331
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Maxx, Moto 360
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 837
Thanked 416 Times in 288 Posts
Default

That's identical to mine. I'm sure you rebooted... are you using either the stock messaging app or Hangouts? I went back to Handcent briefly and it gummed up the works a bit. Last ditch effort might be to uninstall it and reinstall it.
Outatime is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 04:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,800
 
Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 519
Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,238 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincybearcatfan View Post
I can't figure out why but my phone no longer asks me if I want to reply to text messages audibly. It will announce that I have a new text message, it will ask me to say "listen" if I want to hear it. What used to happen is it would ask me if I would like to reply, listen to my reply and then ask me if I wanted to send it. That no longer happens. Anyone know a fix for this?
Assist was screwy for me yesterday - it held my phone awake for hours after I stopped driving. It could need a restart. I'd also try toggling drive mode off and on again if the restart doesn't help.
doogald is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cincybearcatfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,378
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, iPad Air
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 394
Thanked 2,009 Times in 681 Posts
Default

I use Hangouts exclusively. It has been this way since I did a FDR about a month ago. It just occurred to me that it hasn't been working the past couple of days. Very frustrating. I reboot my phone daily as I'm getting out of bed. It hasn't helped. Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions.
Cincybearcatfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola DROID Maxx
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

If good battery life is what you want, you can't go wrong with the Motorola DROID Maxx. This device comes with a 3,500 mAh battery and is said to have a stunning 48-hour battery life.  Specs include a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor, 2 GB of... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid Maxx
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.