Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid Maxx

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 17th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mahers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Concord, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,312
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Razr Maxx, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 115
Thanked 164 Times in 104 Posts
Default Comcast and Unlimited - did it work?

Hi All!!

I know Comcast has a deal right now for $100 rebate card on any Verizon smartphone (or $10/mo off for a year if you are a subscriber), but my question is this: For anyone who ordered through this deal on an eligible line (dumbphone, preferably), but activated the phone on their unlimited line to keep that plan alive, did it work? Or is there some fine print that I am missing similar to Amazon or Wirefly that states you will be charged $X for doing this in the first 180 days? I don't want to lose my unlimited plan, and I definitely don't want to pay a penalty for missing something they don't make obvious.

I want to jump on a MAXX now that Verizon dropped the price by $100. I wanted to wait for Motomaker and get the X, but I really liked look and feel of the MAXX and don't want to wait for the X to rollout the 32GB, if ever.

Advertisements
mahers is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 17th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Gender: Male
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, nexus 10, passed down the razr maxx hd
Carrier: big red

Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahers View Post
Hi All!!

I know Comcast has a deal right now for $100 rebate card on any Verizon smartphone (or $10/mo off for a year if you are a subscriber), but my question is this: For anyone who ordered through this deal on an eligible line (dumbphone, preferably), but activated the phone on their unlimited line to keep that plan alive, did it work? Or is there some fine print that I am missing similar to Amazon or Wirefly that states you will be charged $X for doing this in the first 180 days? I don't want to lose my unlimited plan, and I definitely don't want to pay a penalty for missing something they don't make obvious.

I want to jump on a MAXX now that Verizon dropped the price by $100. I wanted to wait for Motomaker and get the X, but I really liked look and feel of the MAXX and don't want to wait for the X to rollout the 32GB, if ever.
Yes, I did it and it worked. Still unlimited. I bought it for my wife, activated it for her and the next day switched to my number. I havent received my card yet though. Been about a month.
creektrails is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to creektrails For This Useful Post:
mahers (October 18th, 2013)
Old October 18th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mahers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Concord, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,312
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Razr Maxx, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 115
Thanked 164 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Thanks! I ordered mine last night for $199, plus all the bogus taxes and fees, it ended up at $272, plus I went with the $100 gift card, so not too bad. Much cheaper than when it first came out.
mahers is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 79
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

The comcast reps will tell you even. The contract has absolutely no differences than a typical one. Its all gravy. You should also find a motorola phone and do the moto trade up too!
jfriend33 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mahers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Concord, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,312
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Razr Maxx, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 115
Thanked 164 Times in 104 Posts
Default

How would I do both? Since I am ordering thru Comcast, how would I get that Moto money too? It may be too late anyway. I got the phone on Tuesday and loving it.
mahers is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 79
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahers View Post
How would I do both? Since I am ordering thru Comcast, how would I get that Moto money too? It may be too late anyway. I got the phone on Tuesday and loving it.
You can mail in the trade up. Just check out motorola website.
jfriend33 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jfriend33 For This Useful Post:
mahers (October 28th, 2013)
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
mahers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Concord, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,312
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, Razr Maxx, Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 115
Thanked 164 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend33 View Post
You can mail in the trade up. Just check out motorola website.
Thanks, but per the mototradeup.com site, it says to bring the old phone to a Verizon store and buy the new one to get the credit. I already got my Maxx and based on these instructions, it wouldn't seem to be possible to get both the Comcast $100 and the trade-in $100. Whatever. If it works for folks, good for them. I'm good.
mahers is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 79
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahers View Post
Thanks, but per the mototradeup.com site, it says to bring the old phone to a Verizon store and buy the new one to get the credit. I already got my Maxx and based on these instructions, it wouldn't seem to be possible to get both the Comcast $100 and the trade-in $100. Whatever. If it works for folks, good for them. I'm good.
I didn't do my trade up at time of purchase. I went in to a store, asked for a manager, and got my credit.

If you have a valid phone listed just call Verizon and have them remark your account. Done deal.

I am pretty certain I read that mail in is still an option but maybe that's changed.
jfriend33 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Gender: Male
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, nexus 10, passed down the razr maxx hd
Carrier: big red

Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

For some awesome reason (I have no idea) I got my card in the mail and its for $150.00 Its a debit wooha.
creektrails is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 79
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creektrails View Post
For some awesome reason (I have no idea) I got my card in the mail and its for $150.00 Its a debit wooha.
Sweet! I wonder when you purchased and if they're compensating for the price adjustment?
jfriend33 is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 7th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Gender: Male
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, nexus 10, passed down the razr maxx hd
Carrier: big red

Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Thats a possibility. I bought the phone about 3 weeks after its release. I think they had the price cut on the Maxx before the card was sent out. Whatever the reason. :-)
creektrails is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola DROID Maxx
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

If good battery life is what you want, you can't go wrong with the Motorola DROID Maxx. This device comes with a 3,500 mAh battery and is said to have a stunning 48-hour battery life.  Specs include a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor, 2 GB of... Read More

Tags
comcast, gift card, maxx, moto x, verizon


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid Maxx
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.