Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 6th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 768
 
Device(s): Droid X, Samsung Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6
Thanked 56 Times in 42 Posts
Default Any reviews/photos showing brightness yet?

I'm looking to see how bright the HD is compared to other phones.
It is impossible to tell how bright the HD is when it has a different screen wallpaper and icons compared to other phones with vastly different wallpaper.
Any clues, video reviews, side by side pictures?

Initial thoughts are:
S3 sucks on brightness compared to my DX.
Original Razr is brighter than the S3.
Razr HD has more pixels than the Org Razr and has color boost.
I hope it all adds up.

Advertisements
__________________
Droid X and root. Not overclocked.
serpa4 is offline  
Last edited by serpa4; September 6th, 2012 at 02:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,130
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

Adding more pixel has no effect on the brightness. Just like your example of DX vs S3. S3 has more than twice of pixels of WVGA screen of DX but it's dimmer. Screen brightness depends on display type physically and software setting driving it. Since it's SAMOLED HD, it's probably from Samsung the same kind used in S3. Moto can probably tune it to generate a little more brightness and a little different color saturation but not by much.

If screen brightness is your high priority, you should avoid AMOLED screens. Brightness is never its strength but contrast is. I would rather wait for LG Optimus G with IPS+/LCD screen and new rumored HTC phablet with 5" SLCD2 screen.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 768
 
Device(s): Droid X, Samsung Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6
Thanked 56 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
Adding more pixel has no effect on the brightness. Just like your example of DX vs S3. S3 has more than twice of pixels of WVGA screen of DX but it's dimmer. Screen brightness depends on display type physically and software setting driving it. Since it's SAMOLED HD, it's probably from Samsung the same kind used in S3. Moto can probably tune it to generate a little more brightness and a little different color saturation but not by much.

If screen brightness is your high priority, you should avoid AMOLED screens. Brightness is never its strength but contrast is. I would rather wait for LG Optimus G with IPS+/LCD screen and new rumored HTC phablet with 5" SLCD2 screen.
Yes, I'll look at the HTC Phablet although HTC is going down pretty fast. I'll look at the LG, but not many people like the LG brand.
serpa4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 768
 
Device(s): Droid X, Samsung Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6
Thanked 56 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Whites look white.
serpa4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,130
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

It seems to be under some pink colored lighting and not so bright. Maybe it's not set to max.

BTW, I noticed that ICS soft buttons look exactly the same as GNex. But other pictures of HD look like back, recent buttons look slightly different.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 423
 
Device(s): Phone: Droid X => Droid 3 => Rezound => Galaxy S3 => Razr Maxx HD; Tablet: Xoom Wifi => Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 74
Thanked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
It seems to be under some pink colored lighting and not so bright. Maybe it's not set to max.

BTW, I noticed that ICS soft buttons look exactly the same as GNex. But other pictures of HD look like back, recent buttons look slightly different.
That may be because the phone in the picture is running an early version of Jellybean. You can tell because the screen is displaying Google Now which is only on JB. Apparently they had a few models running an early version of JB at the press event. The other pictures probably had ICS, hence the different looking soft buttons.
kishin14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,130
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishin14 View Post
That may be because the phone in the picture is running an early version of Jellybean. You can tell because the screen is displaying Google Now which is only on JB. Apparently they had a few models running an early version of JB at the press event. The other pictures probably had ICS, hence the different looking soft buttons.
That's good point. But the shape of soft buttons didn't change from ICS to JB on stock Gnex. The ICS soft buttons on HD is slightly modified from stock ICS. I think Moto will apply the same modified button shape on HD with official JB update.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola DROID RAZR HD
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola DROID RAZR HD comes with one of the thinnest profiles among Android devices, just like its predecessor. The upgraded RAZR features the same size, but Moto has managed to increase the display size to 4.7 inches by extending the screen f... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.