October 29th, 2012, 08:33 AM
The Real Bass Creator
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus (toro) with 4.4 SlimKat, (RIP) Droid Incredible CM7
Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,709 Posts
Hey there Marc, lets see if i can help you answer some of these questions
Originally Posted by Marc_G
I'm expecting delivery today of my HD MAXX. This will only be my second Android, replacing my trusty Droid X.
Couple "first time switching phones" questions:
1. I've got lots of stuff installed, about half of which I want to keep (including some paid apps) and the rest is baggage I can do without. Will the Play Store on the new phone show me everything installed on the old one and let me selectively install just the good stuff? Anything special to do for paid apps?
2. I got a Zagg invisishield to protect the X glass, and a hardshell case for the rest of it, and carry it around in a belt clip (yeah, geeky). Looks like Zagg is doing all-around protective films these days... what are you folks doing to protect your Maxx HD?
3. Anything else I should prep for before turning off the X for the last time and booting the HD?
1. Google Play will only show Paid apps when you log in to your new device, so you will have to find all the free apps again, but all paid apps will be kept.
2. I do not have a MAXX, but i have heard great things about the durability of Motorola phones in general, i would still probably suggest to get a case though, i have always been a fan of Speck cases.
3. Make sure all of your contacts are backed up with Gmail, if you have any music make sure it is backed up on Google Music. Otherwise enjoy your new device!