November 27th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MicroSD in Mass Storage Mode gets disconnected during data transfer
I have a 32GB MicroSD in my My Razr M/XT 907. The phone is connected to my Windows XP (SP3) laptop. The MicroSD is formatted with FAT32 and is recognized by the laptop. The MicroSD contains 15 large files (~2GB in size).
I am running an application on the laptop that reads heavily from several large files on the microsd for about 10 minutes with a random access pattern. Then the application writes to the large files on the microsd for about 3 minutes with a random access pattern. Once the large files on the microsd have been updated the application starts all over again with the read cycle.
Problem is that after a few cycles the MicroSD gets disconnected. Windows explorer shows an empty drive and a message appears indicating that the drive has been disconnected. After reconnecting the device all files are again visible from the laptop.
So far I have tried the following:
1. Tried different cables, one of them as short as 13'' -> no effect
2. Connected the microsd card (Samsung, class 10 32GB) through a card reader -> problem did not appear
3. Tried a different microsd (Lexar, class 10 32GB) -> same issue
4. Tried the Lexar microsd with a card reader that is directly attached -> problem did not appear
5. Tried a different phone (Motorola Atrix, MB860) -> same problem
Could this be a thermal issue where the MicroSD overheats and gets 'shut down' by Android? Any other idea?