January 26th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Device(s): Motorola Razr M
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK. I went to my local Verizon Store this morning and I got an answer to my question about how to add my password to my VoiceMail entry in my contacts.
First the rep told me that I shouldn't have a separate voicemail entry in my contacts list, that I sould add the password to the default voicemail entry that comes with the phone. This was different than my HTC Incredible but I told the rep that I had tried to add the password to the default entry and that the phone wouldn't let me. She then informed me that on the newer Android phones the procedure to do that was a bit convoluted. Anyway, here's what the rep told me to do.
- Click on the Dialer soft key on the home screen and dial *86 but don't press the dial button.
- Press the menu (3 virticle dots) button and then select Settings.
- From Settings select VoiceMail, then Setup and then Voice Mail Number.
- Once you are in VoiceMail Number the I-Bar will be positioned in the number field and you can then move it after the 6 and enter two pauses and your password.
- After you have done that press the OK button and your good to go.
Pretty simple when you know what to do but even the rep had to look it up on Verizon's own technical pages.
Hope this helps some other lost soul.