Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid RAZR / RAZR MAXX

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Adara

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default How can I get rid of these annoying text?

I know this might be a repeated thread. I've checked out the others, but they didn't solve my problem. I get these text from 6250 or something like that. They don't have a message at all. It just says, VZWNMN:1. They come almost 3-4 times an hour. It's very annoying. How can I get it to stop?

I downloaded Airpush Detector but it didn't see anything.

Advertisements
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
zoxxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 513
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung GS5, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 7 2012, HP Touchpad running CM10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 68
Thanked 70 Times in 60 Posts
Default

This could be your problem and solution:

Incredible 2 Owners Receiving Text Messages from VZWNMN? Here is How to Stop Them – Droid Life
zoxxo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3...no root.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Same problem here. I did use the Blacklist feature and it did prevent me from seeing them...but they're still there. The fix posted for the incredible does not help as there is no 'Contact Management' listed in My Verizon for my Maxx.

Bummer.
Gleadogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink The Solution

I will say that the way my Droid Inc handled email was far more elegant than my RZR MAXX. I had this same issue and it took several calls to VZN to get it resolved so I belive this is the correct solution.

You may notice that you get these texts when you receive an email (or multiple emails). Also notice the text has a number in it (1.2.3..) - this indicates how many emails were received when the Sync Manager sent the notification. So, VZWNMN:1 = 1 email, VZWNMN:2 = 2 emails and so on... FYI, my texts were (6250:20) and more since I get a lot of email!

You need to take care when removing this service from the VZN website since it can also have the unwated effect of disabling the email account you are editing if you do it incorrectly.

1. Login to your VZN account from a computer - it is much easier to deal with (belive me!)

2. From the main page chose the widget under Device That says "Manage Contacts"

3. Click on Settings (on the right side of the screen)

4.Now chose Sync Points

5. Uncheck
Sync email in real-time throughout the day
Sync email when I sign in to Backup Assistant Plus

6. Click on Inbox and uncheck Message AlertsAlert me with popup when new message arrives
dkaakd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dismember
 
Sharondippity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 999
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 533
Thanked 493 Times in 248 Posts
Default

You have to deselect TWO items in your Verizon account:

Cloud Storage - Sync (Email)
Cloud Storage for Media
__________________
In space, no one can hear ice cream.
http://sharondippity.com
Sharondippity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaakd View Post
I will say that the way my Droid Inc handled email was far more elegant than my RZR MAXX. I had this same issue and it took several calls to VZN to get it resolved so I belive this is the correct solution.

You may notice that you get these texts when you receive an email (or multiple emails). Also notice the text has a number in it (1.2.3..) - this indicates how many emails were received when the Sync Manager sent the notification. So, VZWNMN:1 = 1 email, VZWNMN:2 = 2 emails and so on... FYI, my texts were (6250:20) and more since I get a lot of email!

You need to take care when removing this service from the VZN website since it can also have the unwated effect of disabling the email account you are editing if you do it incorrectly.

1. Login to your VZN account from a computer - it is much easier to deal with (belive me!)

2. From the main page chose the widget under Device That says "Manage Contacts"

3. Click on Settings (on the right side of the screen)

4.Now chose Sync Points

5. Uncheck
Sync email in real-time throughout the day
Sync email when I sign in to Backup Assistant Plus

6. Click on Inbox and uncheck Message AlertsAlert me with popup when new message arrives
I'm not seeing the same thing you listed above. I don't see anything under Devices.
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dismember
 
Sharondippity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 999
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 533
Thanked 493 Times in 248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrteeth View Post
I'm not seeing the same thing you listed above. I don't see anything under Devices.
Doesn't match my setup either.
Sharondippity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dismember
 
Sharondippity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 999
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 533
Thanked 493 Times in 248 Posts
Default

Sharondippity: Weird text from 6250 "VZWNMN:1"
Sharondippity is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sharondippity For This Useful Post:
cbreze (May 7th, 2012)
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
cbreze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 425
 
Device(s): RazMaxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default

I just started getting these also, but thought it might be tied to my using the gmail setup thru the verizon app so I could get the mail counter on the icon. Just set that up yesterday.
I've since dumped that POS and gone back to my old gmail settings which always worked fine. I did check my verizon acct. tho and unchecked that option. Thanks for that tip. Hope this does the trick. Super annoying that was.
cbreze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharondippity View Post

OK...just made the changes. Now hopefully, I'll see no more of these annoying text.

I suppose I probably wasted my time and effort to text back, "FU...leave me alone".
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrteeth For This Useful Post:
Sharondippity (May 8th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old May 8th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 409
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 44 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharondippity View Post
You have to deselect TWO items in your Verizon account:

Cloud Storage - Sync (Email)
Cloud Storage for Media
I did that and it wiped my 2 email accounts off my phone. I had to add the email accounts back on my phone.
__________________
Come to the dark side. The world is so much better in apple world, where mobile phones work as designed. The iPhone 5s, the real king of the hill.
wxman2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3...no root.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nope. Do NOT do this!! You must have the Sync(Email) selected for your phone to recognize your email accounts. If you deselect it, your emails will disappear off your phone and you will not be able to set up those accounts. You will get a "User Invalid...." message.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharondippity View Post
You have to deselect TWO items in your Verizon account:

Cloud Storage - Sync (Email)
Cloud Storage for Media
Gleadogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
cbreze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 425
 
Device(s): RazMaxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleadogg View Post
Nope. Do NOT do this!! You must have the Sync(Email) selected for your phone to recognize your email accounts. If you deselect it, your emails will disappear off your phone and you will not be able to set up those accounts. You will get a "User Invalid...." message.
True, but only if your using Verizon's syncing service. I have all my email accts forwarded to my gmail acct so Verizon is not in my email loop. I did deselect these two items and so far no texts. I'm happy for that.
cbreze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dismember
 
Sharondippity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 999
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 533
Thanked 493 Times in 248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
True, but only if your using Verizon's syncing service. I have all my email accts forwarded to my gmail acct so Verizon is not in my email loop. I did deselect these two items and so far no texts. I'm happy for that.
All I hear is problems with the stock email and Verizon's sync.

I've had nothing but joy with my Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo apps I downloaded individually.

The only problem is when Verizon automatically enrolled me in their cloud services. Buggers. Un enrolling the two services made the annoyances go away.

I'm still irked they did something that affected my texts without my consent.
Sharondippity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
cbreze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 425
 
Device(s): RazMaxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharondippity View Post
I'm still irked they did something that affected my texts without my consent.
Irks me also. I wonder if it irks them if they knew I dumped all their stupid bloatware and tweaked their hotspot to work freely.
cbreze is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cbreze For This Useful Post:
Sharondippity (May 8th, 2012)
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Are there different versions of their web account app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharondippity View Post
Doesn't match my setup either.
So are you all saying that after you login to your account from a web computer (not phone) you don't have the screen that shows a picture of your phone (My Devise, My Usage, My Bill..) The below that is a set of boxes (widgets) that has a heading that says:
I want to:

Bill Plan Device Extras

Should look like the attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Verizon Screen Cap.pdf (82.2 KB, 9 views)
dkaakd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dismember
 
Sharondippity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 999
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 533
Thanked 493 Times in 248 Posts
Default

nope



With my setup, you go to "Change Features" first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image11.jpg (42.7 KB, 212 views)
Sharondippity is offline  
Last edited by Sharondippity; May 8th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Clearly you are in some sort of bizzarro VZN limbo web-world. I think I saw this place in one of the Matrix movies.. You don't see Kenau anywhere do you?



Maybe it is different because you have your cloud storge disabled (accordning to your post above).
dkaakd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dismember
 
Sharondippity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 999
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 533
Thanked 493 Times in 248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaakd View Post
Clearly you are in some sort of bizzarro VZN limbo web-world. I think I saw this place in one of the Matrix movies.. You don't see Kenau anywhere do you?



Maybe it is different because you have your cloud storge disabled (accordning to your post above).

Nope bzzz you lose. It's clear there are variables that do not align with your setup.
Hey unless you know all Verizon account variables, how can you make such a leap?!?

It was like that when Verizon enabled my cloud storage.

The only thing bizarro is that you assume your setup is the norm without any research!
Sharondippity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharondippity View Post
Nope bzzz you lose. It's clear there are variables that do not align with your setup.
Hey unless you know all Verizon account variables, how can you make such a leap?!?

It was like that when Verizon enabled my cloud storage.

The only thing bizarro is that you assume your setup is the norm without any research!

Wow... I don't mind being wrong, but at least I try to keep a sense of humor about it.. Of course, my advice didn't remove anyones email accounts from their phones either... I guess all those hours working with VZN tech support on this issue were wasted.
dkaakd is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 409
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 44 Times in 37 Posts
Default

I found how to apply dkaakd solution. Under widgets there is a "More Actions" tab you click. Then under Messaging there is a selection for Manage My Contacts. Select that and you can then do what dkaakd instructed.
wxman2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Dismember
 
Sharondippity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 999
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 533
Thanked 493 Times in 248 Posts
Default

I feel a "bazinga" here. Seems there are various navigations and email apps we're using. Almost needs a matrix for our combinations.
Sharondippity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Here's what I noticed so far. When I disabled those two services, the text goes away. But so does my Yahoo email. When I set up my Yahoomail, it comes right back.

So the question is, how can I get rid of this text and still able to use my Yahoo/Charter email?
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dismember
 
Sharondippity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 999
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 533
Thanked 493 Times in 248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrteeth View Post
Here's what I noticed so far. When I disabled those two services, the text goes away. But so does my Yahoo email. When I set up my Yahoomail, it comes right back.

So the question is, how can I get rid of this text and still able to use my Yahoo/Charter email?
are you using Yahoo's email app?
Sharondippity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharondippity View Post
are you using Yahoo's email app?
I'm using the Yahoo email app, right on the front page (white envelope opened with the red @ symbol.
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Florida
Posts: 186
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx - Great device! Droid Charge -yuck! Droid X was ruined by Moto GB
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrteeth View Post
I'm using the Yahoo email app, right on the front page (white envelope opened with the red @ symbol.

That is not the actual Yahoo email app....that is the synced email that goes thru Verizon Wireless. Thies is the feaure that is driving people nuts with all of those additional text messages. Verizon Wireless tier 1 & 2 support people are pretty clueless....very sad.

Two ways around it.

1) Go to the MY ACCOUNTS icon (originally this is on one of the home pages, but is also in the app drawer.

Then select ADD ACCOUNT.

Do not select Yahoo at this point...instead, select EMAIL ACCOUNTS, then select OTHER.

Then you would enter your email address and password. Follow the directions there and this should get you working with your Yahoo email.

2) You do have an option of using the actual app for Yahoo Mail. Open up GOOGLE PLAY STORE and search for Yahoo.
__________________
"Just when you think you have all the answers...they change the questions."
urdaddi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
arparaspolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Covina, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 410
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 18
Thanked 74 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrteeth View Post
I know this might be a repeated thread. I've checked out the others, but they didn't solve my problem. I get these text from 6250 or something like that. They don't have a message at all. It just says, VZWNMN:1. They come almost 3-4 times an hour. It's very annoying. How can I get it to stop?

I downloaded Airpush Detector but it didn't see anything.
I saw this not to long ago on Twitter from Verizon. I have not yet tried it.
Itís Tips & Tricks Thursday. Are you SPAMMED? Send suspected #spam messages to 7726 to fight against illegal messaging. Twitter / Verizon Wireless USA: It?s Tips Tricks Thursday ...

Try it out. Hope it works.
arparaspolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdaddi View Post
That is not the actual Yahoo email app....that is the synced email that goes thru Verizon Wireless. Thies is the feaure that is driving people nuts with all of those additional text messages. Verizon Wireless tier 1 & 2 support people are pretty clueless....very sad.

Two ways around it.

1) Go to the MY ACCOUNTS icon (originally this is on one of the home pages, but is also in the app drawer.

Then select ADD ACCOUNT.

Do not select Yahoo at this point...instead, select EMAIL ACCOUNTS, then select OTHER.

Then you would enter your email address and password. Follow the directions there and this should get you working with your Yahoo email.

2) You do have an option of using the actual app for Yahoo Mail. Open up GOOGLE PLAY STORE and search for Yahoo.

It is just sad that we have to go through all this effort just to use a really elegant product.

I use the standard email app on my MAXX with no extra apps and I am now able to pop my Yahoo account (both of them), my Gmail account, an SBCGlobal account and my work account all from one app just as it should be. No more annoying text msgs and no switching between apps - as it should be!

My advice is try to figure out whatever aspect of Sync that is causing this mess and disable it.
dkaakd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Can anyone show me how to delete Yahoo mail from my accounts? I want to be done with all this text crap. I disable the sync service and I can't get my emails from Yahoo. I enable my Yahoo and I get my emails along with all the text spam.

I want to delete Yahoo and perhaps download the Yahoo app from Google Play.

Can anyone show me how to delete the account? I tried holding it down, but all it gives me is "Open Account" option.

Edit: Nevermind. Problem solved. Deleted Yahoo mail and downloaded Yahoomail app from Google Play.
Hopefully this will be the end of those annoying text.
mrteeth is offline  
Last edited by mrteeth; May 10th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Florida
Posts: 186
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx - Great device! Droid Charge -yuck! Droid X was ruined by Moto GB
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=dkaakd;4360119]It is just sad that we have to go through all this effort just to use a really elegant product.

I use the standard email app on my MAXX with no extra apps and I am now able to pop my Yahoo account (both of them), my Gmail account, an SBCGlobal account and my work account all from one app just as it should be. No more annoying text msgs and no switching between apps - as it should be!

My advice is try to figure out whatever aspect of Sync that is causing this mess and disable it.[/QUOTE]

If you figure that out...let us know.

For those that are getting the text message....if they follow the first option I posted they will still get all of their email through the one app. I have 3 different account setup on my phone,
urdaddi is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Yes. I lost my Yahoo mail service through the Droid email app. But I am no longer getting the annoying text from VZn. That's the price I'm willing to pay.
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Dismember
 
Sharondippity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 999
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 533
Thanked 493 Times in 248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrteeth View Post

I want to delete Yahoo and perhaps download the Yahoo app from Google Play.
Do this
Sharondippity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharondippity View Post
Do this
Yesss Maaam. Did it. Haven't seen a VZN text all day. Thank you.
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrteeth For This Useful Post:
Sharondippity (May 10th, 2012)
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrteeth View Post
Yes. I lost my Yahoo mail service through the Droid email app. But I am no longer getting the annoying text from VZn. That's the price I'm willing to pay.

Folks I'm telling you there is no need to run another 3rd party app to get email. I have my Yahoo account (x2), Gmail and other accounts all being popped from my standard VZN mail app. No annoying txt msgs anymore.

Check the solution I posted above. You web account screens may vary a bit, but it works..

Hopefully it will work for you as it does for me.
dkaakd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaakd View Post
Folks I'm telling you there is no need to run another 3rd party app to get email. I have my Yahoo account (x2), Gmail and other accounts all being popped from my standard VZN mail app. No annoying txt msgs anymore.

Check the solution I posted above. You web account screens may vary a bit, but it works..

Hopefully it will work for you as it does for me.
I wish I can do this, but I didn't follow your direction. First, I can't figure out where you see "Device". I have 5 phone in my family account. So if I can't find "Device", how can I see "Manage Contacts"?

Please post a screen shot of what you did.
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 409
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 44 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Just curious. Those with the problem, have you applied this fix to your phone yet?
I did it day one and have had none of these issues. I don't even have to apply dkaakd's solution.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sync.motorola.droidhd.dateformatupd ate#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDUwMSwiY29tLnN5bmMubW90b3JvbGE uZHJvaWRoZC5kYXRlZm9ybWF0dXBkYXRlIl0.
wxman2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

I've not gotten this particular error message that this app is supposed to solve. Our problem is the blank text from VZN.

Are you 100% sure that this app will take care of that problem as well? If it does, then I might give it a shot.
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 409
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 44 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrteeth View Post
I've not gotten this particular error message that this app is supposed to solve. Our problem is the blank text from VZN.

Are you 100% sure that this app will take care of that problem as well? If it does, then I might give it a shot.
Since this solves the backup assistant problem, and your email is backed up if you use the native email app, this may solve the problem.
wxman2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
Since this solves the backup assistant problem, and your email is backed up if you use the native email app, this may solve the problem.
Nope. Downloaded it. Ran it. Still had the same stupid text. I'm going back and reinstalling Yahoomail from Market. I've had enough.
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #40 (permalink)
Dismember
 
Sharondippity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 999
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 533
Thanked 493 Times in 248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrteeth View Post
Nope. Downloaded it. Ran it. Still had the same stupid text. I'm going back and reinstalling Yahoomail from Market. I've had enough.
I dunno, try it three more times
Sharondippity is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): Droid x (served me well for 2 years) RAZR Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

i had this issue when i first got my phone, and disabling the sync service just screwed up my email sync.

to fix it you actually have to go into the online verizon sync email inbox thing, and in the options you can disable the text notification.

that fixed it for me

edit: instructions :go to my verizon, then more actions, then manage my inbox, then on the right hand side, click settings, scroll to the bottom and uncheck message alerts post #43 has a pic
sciullo779 is offline  
Last edited by sciullo779; May 15th, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #42 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

I dont know why I put myself through this. I had it working fine but had to try your suggestion. Its much clearer than the one above but I cant get to the last step. After More Action I Click Manage My Inbox.....but there are no Settings to the right. It launches the stupid flash Backup Assistant. No settings anywhere to be found.
mrteeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #43 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): Droid x (served me well for 2 years) RAZR Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

weird, it shows my inbox, then on the far right hand side it has another box that says new message and underneath it a box that says my tags, underneath that it says "Get PIN" | "Settings" | "Help" and you click on that settings

oh, the settings is in the backup assistant
i included a pic of where the settings button is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (239.3 KB, 16 views)
sciullo779 is offline  
Last edited by sciullo779; May 15th, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 252
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 28
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Default

A perhaps interesting factoid is that I started getting these messages while abroad. (As did my mother, who is also on the RAZR MAXX.) Everything was going all spiffy with the MAXX until such time as we landed in the UK, turned on our phones, and were freakin' BARRAGED by these text messages.

(Related, I think, were the text messages VZW cheerfully sent informing me of every voice mail message.)

We'd never received any of these texts before, but something about being global triggered them.

I ended up using the solution of deleting the email accounts from Backup Assistant which had the annoying side effect of permanently deleting the accounts from my PHONE -- I say "permanently" because it would give an error when I tried to reinstall them. Without any available solution (and having limited time on free wi-fi), I went with the workaround of downloading K-9 mail. This had the added of bonus of being a way better app for handling mail, at least for my own purposes of mail handling.

Back in the States, I also eliminated from my account that part of Backup Assistant which apparently remembers all your email accounts. (I forget what it was called, but that's how it was described in my calling features.) Just for the heck of it, I tried reinstalling one of the email accounts (in the e-mail app) and it worked. (Yay!) Not that I want to go back to using the e-mail app, but it's nice to know that I'm now able to reinstall the accounts, should I wish to do so.

Conclusion: Backup Assistant is to blame all around. I really hate programs which try to help me when I don't want their damn help.
Sharondippity likes this.
Adara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola DROID RAZR
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola RAZR was originally rumored as the "Sypder" or "Droid HD" and is now known as the DROID RAZR for Verizon Wireless. The device eatures a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED qHD display, 1.2GHZ dual-core processor, 8MP rear camera,... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid RAZR / RAZR MAXX
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.