Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 1st, 2010, 06:22 AM   #151 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey this is random but what is the best buy mobile discount? Do you get free or discounted service? Any discounts or free devices? I hope to work there soon and was just curious. Thanks!

Advertisements
Tclamp07 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:09 AM   #152 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Not sure if this true or not, but I heard that if you just started a new 2 year contract this year, you can get the X for $199...Is this true? What are the exact details?
Riley1524 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:46 AM   #153 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): verizon note2; tf700; excite 7.7 (AT270)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 127 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Do you know how many Droid X were preordered overall? I know that I waited till Sunday to preorder and I was the first so I get the feeling that total preorders is relatively low (I live in Boston which should be a bit of a tech center).
you2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:42 AM   #154 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 39
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Aookay.....thanks for answer my question...

now i cant wait til i get hands on it

does BB give 30 days of use phone if dont like can i return back to get money back or something?

You have incredible correct? just wondering are you going trade to X?


thank you
Wake4x4ptball is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:29 AM   #155 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default Re: Best Buy Mobile employee here! Feel free to ask me questions :)

Quote:
Hey this is random but what is the best buy mobile discount? Do you get free or discounted service? Any discounts or free devices? I hope to work there soon and was just curious. Thanks!
Well, we get an employee discount on service if its a consumer line, then we also have concession lines we can get, we have to .buy the phone outright but the service is greatly discounted. I have a family plan with my brother,mom, and fiancee, so the discount is nice Good luck!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:30 AM   #156 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default Re: Best Buy Mobile employee here! Feel free to ask me questions :)

Quote:
Not sure if this true or not, but I heard that if you just started a new 2 year contract this year, you can get the X for $199...Is this true? What are the exact details?
The deal is if your contract ends this year, you can get the X at the 199.99 price. So, no.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:32 AM   #157 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default Re: Best Buy Mobile employee here! Feel free to ask me questions :)

Quote:
Do you know how many Droid X were preordered overall? I know that I waited till Sunday to preorder and I was the first so I get the feeling that total preorders is relatively low (I live in Boston which should be a bit of a tech center).
We don't have an exact number, but I feel the number should be pretty high considering they stopped the preorders relatively quick, they didn't do that for the evo.


Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:36 AM   #158 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default Re: Best Buy Mobile employee here! Feel free to ask me questions :)

Quote:
Aookay.....thanks for answer my question...

now i cant wait til i get hands on it

does BB give 30 days of use phone if dont like can i return back to get money back or something?

You have incredible correct? just wondering are you going trade to X?


thank you
Yep, 30 days exchabge/return. Make sure to bring your receipt, it makes it sooo much easier for us

Well, I don't know yet. I think the X is a better fit for me, but I don't have an upgrade available, my only solution would be to sell this phone for the Xs retail and then do that. I mean, I have an extended battery, an invishield, and a innocase, and the phone is in brand new condition. I wonder if I could get 500 for it...hmmm.:S


Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM   #159 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): verizon note2; tf700; excite 7.7 (AT270)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 127 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Verizon lets you update every year if you have a smartphone; right ?
you2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM   #160 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,986
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 316
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by you2 View Post
Verizon lets you update every year if you have a smartphone; right ?
No where did you hear this????
ckochinsky125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:49 PM   #161 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default Re: Best Buy Mobile employee here! Feel free to ask me questions :)

Quote:
Verizon lets you update every year if you have a smartphone; right ?
Not from what I understand. Only sprint let's you do this on your main line.


Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:00 PM   #162 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): verizon note2; tf700; excite 7.7 (AT270)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 127 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Am I misunderstanding this:

Verizon | Answers to FAQs - Verizon Wireless Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aookay View Post
Not from what I understand. Only sprint let's you do this on your main line.


Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
you2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:02 PM   #163 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 250
 
Device(s): Samsung Note 3 Jasmine Rom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Default

that can be any type of phone. Just have to be the main line
kennyyu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:02 PM   #164 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 44
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by you2 View Post
Verizon lets you update every year if you have a smartphone; right ?
yes it's called annual upgrade and you have to pay a $20 fee. You can upgrade every year even if you are on a 2 year contract.

http://support.vzw.com/faqs/Wireless%20Service/faq_worry_free_guarantee.html
icyfire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:37 PM   #165 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): verizon note2; tf700; excite 7.7 (AT270)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 127 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Yes but with a smart phone all plans are over $49; so with a smart phone you can get a new one at the discount price every year; correct ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyyu View Post
that can be any type of phone. Just have to be the main line
you2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM   #166 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Florida
Posts: 186
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr Maxx - Great device! Droid Charge -yuck! Droid X was ruined by Moto GB
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by you2 View Post
Yes but with a smart phone all plans are over $49; so with a smart phone you can get a new one at the discount price every year; correct ?

"....be on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher.... "

The data plan does not count. It is possible to have a smart phone with a lesser calling plan.
urdaddi is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to urdaddi For This Useful Post:
Aookay (July 2nd, 2010)
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:14 PM   #167 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

How does Best Buy handle pre-orders when they don't get the correct allotment? Let's say you take 50 pre orders and only have 20 phones on launch. Are the pre-orders held for the people who are 1-20 on the list, or do the phones go to the first 20 people that show up to pick up the phone the day of?
My reason for asking is that I reserved on the first day BB was taking orders, but not until the evening. I doubt I am #1 on the list. I work a real job (unlike the iPhone 4 buyers that somehow can camp for days) that doesn't allow me to take off mornings or the whole day to buy a cell phone. Chances are that I can't make it to BB until 6 pm on launch day. So if there aren't enough to go around, but I am at the top of the list, will mine be held or sold to the first in the door?
Thanks!
RedCamaroZSS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM   #168 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): verizon note2; tf700; excite 7.7 (AT270)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 127 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Pout. That a pooper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdaddi View Post
"....be on a calling plan of $49.99 or higher.... "

The data plan does not count. It is possible to have a smart phone with a lesser calling plan.
you2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:23 PM   #169 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): verizon note2; tf700; excite 7.7 (AT270)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 127 Times in 107 Posts
Default

I also work so I asked that very question. I was told (a) you have to pick up the phone where you preorder and (b) they were alloted in the same order as you preregistered. If you look in this thread; you will notice that the bestbuy fellow said they will call you in order that you preregistered to setup a time for you to pick up the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCamaroZSS View Post
How does Best Buy handle pre-orders when they don't get the correct allotment? Let's say you take 50 pre orders and only have 20 phones on launch. Are the pre-orders held for the people who are 1-20 on the list, or do the phones go to the first 20 people that show up to pick up the phone the day of?
My reason for asking is that I reserved on the first day BB was taking orders, but not until the evening. I doubt I am #1 on the list. I work a real job (unlike the iPhone 4 buyers that somehow can camp for days) that doesn't allow me to take off mornings or the whole day to buy a cell phone. Chances are that I can't make it to BB until 6 pm on launch day. So if there aren't enough to go around, but I am at the top of the list, will mine be held or sold to the first in the door?
Thanks!
you2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:28 PM   #170 (permalink)
Member
 
kwest12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 456
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 216
Thanked 59 Times in 31 Posts
Default

@ Aookay

I don't know if you are able to contact anyone who would know the answer to this, but can you tell us for sure whether or not the bootloader is encrypted (like the Milestone is)?
kwest12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:41 PM   #171 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,986
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 316
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Default

yeah for preorders in my experience you set up a time to pick it up and they hold it for you in the order in which you preordered
ckochinsky125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:27 PM   #172 (permalink)
Member
 
droidSPARX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 237
 
Device(s): DX (rooted) FROYO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Aookay
any word if u guys will have some accessories available on launch
droidSPARX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:27 PM   #173 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): Droid X, Droid Charge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What's the price of the Droid X if you only go for a 1 year contract?
sweetbaboo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:31 PM   #174 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Wolfedude88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,754
 
Device(s): HTC Droid DNA(Red)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 357
Thanked 555 Times in 357 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaboo View Post
What's the price of the Droid X if you only go for a 1 year contract?
Sorry to inform you but know one really knows yet, still awaiting official word from Verizon.
Wolfedude88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:50 PM   #175 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 141
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Hey, its good to see another BBYM employee on here. Are you getting as tired as I am of Best Buy doing these preorders only to tell us to stop like the next day.
screenamesuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:51 PM   #176 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 141
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfedude88 View Post
Sorry to inform you but know one really knows yet, still awaiting official word from Verizon.
We don't have the exact price yet, but on average the phone is going to cost you about $200 more for a 1yr contract, so my guess is you'd have to pay around $400 for the phone.
screenamesuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:55 PM   #177 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 141
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCamaroZSS View Post
How does Best Buy handle pre-orders when they don't get the correct allotment? Let's say you take 50 pre orders and only have 20 phones on launch. Are the pre-orders held for the people who are 1-20 on the list, or do the phones go to the first 20 people that show up to pick up the phone the day of?
My reason for asking is that I reserved on the first day BB was taking orders, but not until the evening. I doubt I am #1 on the list. I work a real job (unlike the iPhone 4 buyers that somehow can camp for days) that doesn't allow me to take off mornings or the whole day to buy a cell phone. Chances are that I can't make it to BB until 6 pm on launch day. So if there aren't enough to go around, but I am at the top of the list, will mine be held or sold to the first in the door?
Thanks!
There is no official procedure, its up to each store. Our store makes sure customers know when they preorder that it doesn't guarantee a phone on day 1, it only guarantee's you will get the phone. Customers receive their phones by the order they preorder. Its only fair. We can only hold phones for 24 hours unless approved by a manager to hold longer. We call and set up appointments to avoid waiting in long lines
screenamesuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:58 PM   #178 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 141
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1524 View Post
Not sure if this true or not, but I heard that if you just started a new 2 year contract this year, you can get the X for $199...Is this true? What are the exact details?
Hopefully Aookay can back me up on this cause I don't know the exact answer, but I was told this applies to customers who are upgrading to a smartphone, so I take that as someone who has a really basic touch screen phone or worse can move up to a smartphone without having to wait till their original upgrade date.
screenamesuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:03 PM   #179 (permalink)
Member
 
Billswood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 108
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Sorry if this has been answered already, but do you think I will be able to get an X if I were to come in on launch day without a pre-order? I went to pre-order it RIGHT as you stopped taking them! The guy said he would probably get 10 phones (Raleigh NC, not a big city, but not small) and he had 8 pre-orders. Do you think that 10 sounds like it would be a BS number for him to get in?
Billswood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:18 PM   #180 (permalink)
Member
 
dennygreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 285
 
Device(s): X!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenamesuck View Post
We don't have the exact price yet, but on average the phone is going to cost you about $200 more for a 1yr contract, so my guess is you'd have to pay around $400 for the phone.
Is that true? I was expecting a bit less since you could get an Incredible for 269 with a 1 year contract on verizon's site, so I assumed the X will be about the same.
dennygreen is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:30 AM   #181 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCamaroZSS View Post
How does Best Buy handle pre-orders when they don't get the correct allotment? Let's say you take 50 pre orders and only have 20 phones on launch. Are the pre-orders held for the people who are 1-20 on the list, or do the phones go to the first 20 people that show up to pick up the phone the day of?
My reason for asking is that I reserved on the first day BB was taking orders, but not until the evening. I doubt I am #1 on the list. I work a real job (unlike the iPhone 4 buyers that somehow can camp for days) that doesn't allow me to take off mornings or the whole day to buy a cell phone. Chances are that I can't make it to BB until 6 pm on launch day. So if there aren't enough to go around, but I am at the top of the list, will mine be held or sold to the first in the door?
Thanks!
The phones will be allocated in the order we received the preorder, so if you are 1 on the list, you will get the first call. If we have 50 preorders and 20 phones, we still reserve the phone for you, but it would just not be the day of the launch. We will call and schedule appointments to avoid this kind of situation, we don't want people to have to worry about lining up outside the door if they preordered a phone. That's just not fair to be honest, and I can relate because I would never have time to line up for a phone =/

If someone comes in before their appointment, they have to wait until everyone else gets their phone whos appointment is before theirs, and it really just messes with our pace. We actually schedule our employees to the appointment list, to make sure we have enough coverage.

So no, yours won't be sold to the first one in the door It will have a piece of paper with your name on it taped to the box, waiting for you at the time you request to come in.

Hope that helps!
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:32 AM   #182 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by you2 View Post
Pout. That a pooper.
Indeed, but I understand why they do it. I say this as the primary line on my account too
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:33 AM   #183 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by you2 View Post
I also work so I asked that very question. I was told (a) you have to pick up the phone where you preorder and (b) they were alloted in the same order as you preregistered. If you look in this thread; you will notice that the bestbuy fellow said they will call you in order that you preregistered to setup a time for you to pick up the phone.
Correct *ding ding ding*

Thanks for the assist on this one!
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:33 AM   #184 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest12 View Post
@ Aookay

I don't know if you are able to contact anyone who would know the answer to this, but can you tell us for sure whether or not the bootloader is encrypted (like the Milestone is)?
I would have to talk to our Motorola rep, I have his number. I'm off tomorrow, so will look into this on saturday.
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aookay For This Useful Post:
kwest12 (July 2nd, 2010)
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:34 AM   #185 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidSPARX View Post
Aookay
any word if u guys will have some accessories available on launch
We will. Which ones...I do not know. Ones I can guarantee are car charges and Invishields

Other than those, I will get back to you.
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aookay For This Useful Post:
droidSPARX (July 2nd, 2010)
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:35 AM   #186 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfedude88 View Post
Sorry to inform you but know one really knows yet, still awaiting official word from Verizon.
Aye. No official word on this yet, and I haven't seen a pattern yet. As soon as I have the SKU I will know!
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:38 AM   #187 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenamesuck View Post
Hey, its good to see another BBYM employee on here. Are you getting as tired as I am of Best Buy doing these preorders only to tell us to stop like the next day.
Well hello there!

I was really surprised with the X, there was all these promotions going on in the store and all this signage for it, I really thought we would be able to get more preorders in.

I'm not tired of it, I'm dissapointed that the manufactuers are basicially admitting they can't make enough

My tip? Use more hamsters in those wheels that power the phone making machines.
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:43 AM   #188 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenamesuck View Post
There is no official procedure, its up to each store. Our store makes sure customers know when they preorder that it doesn't guarantee a phone on day 1, it only guarantee's you will get the phone. Customers receive their phones by the order they preorder. Its only fair. We can only hold phones for 24 hours unless approved by a manager to hold longer. We call and set up appointments to avoid waiting in long lines
This is true. Each store does handle it different. I know we held a few preorders for the iPhone for a few days, past the 24 hours, and that's not normal, but we made an exception due to the gentlemen being out of town.

To be honest, the best way to get a line is to keep an open line of communication with your Best Buy Mobile, because if you tell us "Hey, can't make it today, house on fire, can I come saturday?" cool, we can do that. If we aren't told otherwise, it's only 24 hours.

I remember a lady who wanted an iPhone without a preorder on launch day, we said we had no more for walk ins, but there was a few on hold in the cabinet. She was like "theres one right there, sell me that one!" "Sorry mam, those are for our preorders" "I don't care, I'm here right now, they aren't, I have money".

Like I have been saying every day it seems now, I really wish we had more phones, it dissapoints me to turn customers away when we are out of stock. If I had phones, I would love to connect people to them, and to the world.

Unfortunatly, this is my crazy passion dream, not reality. There was also cupcakes in this dream.
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:47 AM   #189 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenamesuck View Post
Hopefully Aookay can back me up on this cause I don't know the exact answer, but I was told this applies to customers who are upgrading to a smartphone, so I take that as someone who has a really basic touch screen phone or worse can move up to a smartphone without having to wait till their original upgrade date.
I answered this one earlier in the thread

But to repeat, no. If your contract ends this year, you can upgrade to the X at launch regardless of the phone you have. The early upgrade to a smartphone promotion is still going on I believe, but your account has to be flagged for it. I actually have only done one through the store, and it was a few months ago, so I can't speak to if they are still running it. But if it's on your account, we will honor it.
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:50 AM   #190 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billswood View Post
Sorry if this has been answered already, but do you think I will be able to get an X if I were to come in on launch day without a pre-order? I went to pre-order it RIGHT as you stopped taking them! The guy said he would probably get 10 phones (Raleigh NC, not a big city, but not small) and he had 8 pre-orders. Do you think that 10 sounds like it would be a BS number for him to get in?
Not too far from the truth, usually the containers are in 5s, so that sounds like it could be correct.

But we don't have it in our system yet, so we don't know for sure how many each store will be getting.

I would say there is a chance, if you go in the morning they will tell you if there are any for walk ins. In fact you can call the night before, we will have our stock allocation by then and would be able to tell you

Also, we can take your name and number down, give it to our SO, and they can call you when we have available ones in stock.

Good luck
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:52 AM   #191 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

I know there were a few questions in here I haven't got to, as I said I would look into it.

We were slammed at work this week, so I haven't been able to get to our system and check into the 1 year contracts and if we can do them or not.

I open saturday, so I will check into those questions then. My apologies, but I promise I will get those answers for you guys!
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:59 AM   #192 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleis View Post
is either of these cases you mentioned like the verizon clamshell (holster/case) combo?
No. If anything, we will get the platinum cases for it, which are the clamshell holster combo.

Don't quote me on that though, as platinum cases (or Seidio innocase, rebranded) don't always show up for every one of our phones, though I wish they did! They are AWESOME
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:00 AM   #193 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by you2 View Post
What is gorilla glass and is it good or bad ?
Gorilla glass is a really nice glass screen, it's really tough and from what I've seen, very resistant to scratches.

Definitly something you want on your phone, so good
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:25 AM   #194 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 930
 
Device(s): verizon note2; tf700; excite 7.7 (AT270)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 127 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Yea I looked it up after I asked. Apple claims they use it but iphone 4 folks are already complaining about scratches but Moto tends to do hardware right; just software they can't be trusted with


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aookay View Post


Gorilla glass is a really nice glass screen, it's really tough and from what I've seen, very resistant to scratches.

Definitly something you want on your phone, so good
you2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:40 AM   #195 (permalink)
Member
 
droidSPARX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 237
 
Device(s): DX (rooted) FROYO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aookay View Post
We will. Which ones...I do not know. Ones I can guarantee are car charges and Invishields

Other than those, I will get back to you.
thanks
I'll slap one on the back.
Gorilla Shield baby
droidSPARX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 06:15 AM   #196 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Wolfedude88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,754
 
Device(s): HTC Droid DNA(Red)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 357
Thanked 555 Times in 357 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenamesuck View Post
We don't have the exact price yet, but on average the phone is going to cost you about $200 more for a 1yr contract, so my guess is you'd have to pay around $400 for the phone.
Not saying your wrong but I highly doubt that will be the case. Like someone else said the Incredible with a one year contract was 269.00, so I expect something along the same lines for this phone. I would say no more than 320.00 off contract if I had to guess.
Wolfedude88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:53 AM   #197 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default BB no longer offering Pre-orders?

Visited my local BB and was informed that they were no longer accepting pre-orders. They had approx. 40 up to that morning when the SKU for that was removed from their system and they couldn't order it anymore. )He also took the pre-order sign down)

I was also told that Verizon was discontinuing the Incredible due to screen issues (not supply) and BB was no longer selling it. Makes absolutely no sense to me and I haven't seen anything about it anywhere. Comments?
tjk707 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:02 AM   #198 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk707 View Post
I was also told that Verizon was discontinuing the Incredible due to screen issues (not supply) and BB was no longer selling it. Makes absolutely no sense to me and I haven't seen anything about it anywhere. Comments?
Whoever you spoke with is full of it. The original Incredible SKU was discontinued because the design of the box was changed which apparently required a new SKU. There are some threads over in the Incredible forums that explain what happened and why the rumor was spread. Basically a certain website got a little over zealous and sensationalized the issue.
tuanster1119 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 09:04 AM   #199 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 301
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aookay View Post
The phones will be allocated in the order we received the preorder, so if you are 1 on the list, you will get the first call. If we have 50 preorders and 20 phones, we still reserve the phone for you, but it would just not be the day of the launch. We will call and schedule appointments to avoid this kind of situation, we don't want people to have to worry about lining up outside the door if they preordered a phone. That's just not fair to be honest, and I can relate because I would never have time to line up for a phone =/

If someone comes in before their appointment, they have to wait until everyone else gets their phone whos appointment is before theirs, and it really just messes with our pace. We actually schedule our employees to the appointment list, to make sure we have enough coverage.

So no, yours won't be sold to the first one in the door It will have a piece of paper with your name on it taped to the box, waiting for you at the time you request to come in.

Hope that helps!
Since I was #1 to preorder at my store should I give additional phone numbers so I don't miss the call to set up my appointment first (10:00am)?
benjiedude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:24 AM   #200 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 480
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 102 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk707 View Post
Visited my local BB and was informed that they were no longer accepting pre-orders. They had approx. 40 up to that morning when the SKU for that was removed from their system and they couldn't order it anymore. )He also took the pre-order sign down)

I was also told that Verizon was discontinuing the Incredible due to screen issues (not supply) and BB was no longer selling it. Makes absolutely no sense to me and I haven't seen anything about it anywhere. Comments?
Not true, it's still active in our system. If that was the case it would say "deleted"...like the devour =P
Aookay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola DROID X
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

 Motorola DROID X is an Android powered smartphone with a 1GHz processor, huge 4.3-inch display with 480x854 pixels resolution, 8-megapixel camera with 720p motion video capture and many other features. It's the newest addition to Motorola... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.