Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 165
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thumbs up Im #1 Ditching Droid

Im #1 and i will be ditching my droid for this phone. anyone else?

Advertisements
baa269 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Community Manager
 
Phases's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,178
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 683
Thanked 16,188 Times in 3,121 Posts
phases78@gmail.com
Default

I'd sure like to!
__________________
Every forum should have a Phases.
Phases is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
The_Omega_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

No, I can not do it if there is no physical Keyboard....
__________________
"Do, or Do Not! There is no try!" "Droid Does!"
The_Omega_Man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
OMJ
Bazinga
 
OMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,288
 
Device(s): Thunderbolt, Fascinate, Nook
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 831 Times in 456 Posts
OMJ.Droid@gmail.com
Default

Not a chance. Im not a fan of Blur or the incredibly slow way it is updated
OMJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
BigMace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 229
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Maybe... just need to see what the new version of blur will be like. Also, I'm pretty sure you can turn blur off if you want.
__________________
HTC Thunderbolt - Stock... for now
BigMace23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm due for an upgrade in mid July...If the leaked specs are true, heck yea! Not having a physical keyboard is no big deal. Don't ever use it on my Moto Droid now.
yakdroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Darkwarrior006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 211
 
Device(s): My Touch 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

i dont even want to buy another phone for 2 years. My droid is fine and i like it. In 2 years the will have even better android phones.
Darkwarrior006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bramsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Birmingham, MI
Posts: 1,516
 
Device(s): Moto Droid (Ret), DX (Ret), TBolt, MAXX didn't like ($ back), GNex (Sold), S3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 243
Thanked 148 Times in 104 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Bramsy Send a message via Yahoo to Bramsy Send a message via Skype™ to Bramsy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwarrior006 View Post
i dont even want to buy another phone for 2 years. My droid is fine and i like it. In 2 years the will have even better android phones.
i know buuuuuut tempting, huh?!!?!!?!!
__________________
GOOGLE



Go Wings!
Bramsy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Android_LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male
Posts: 710
 
Device(s): VZW NOTE 3 (AOKP), VZW S3, DROIDX CM11, Previous: Bionic, Incredible, Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 34
Thanked 86 Times in 70 Posts
PM me to get my GTalk
Confused

Looking forward to some Official/Final concrete info/specs on this device.

Wonder what the supposed hardware change is.

Also would like to know -
Disable BLUR completely on Shadow?
Accessories, hope the Shadow has car docking magnets like the Droid.
Wanting to see the back of Shadow followed by some screenies of software firmware, internal storage etc etc etc...


I'm getting rid of my Incredible, for a number of issues...

The Shadow just put sprinkles on my dessert.
__________________

Reppin' That Linux® Ver. 3.10 kernel based Mobile-OS

Site Rules/Guidelines
Android_LIFE is offline  
Last edited by Android_LIFE; May 27th, 2010 at 01:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: East Alton, IL
Posts: 194
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I will change to the Shadow to get rid of the keyboard and it's associated extra weight and thickness.
Jim Dawson is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
BigMace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 229
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_LIFE View Post
Looking forward to some Official/Final concrete info/specs on this device.

Wonder what the supposed hardware change is.

Also would like to know -
Disable BLUR completely on Shadow?
Accessories, hope the Shadow has car docking magnets like the Droid.
Wanting to see the back of Shadow followed by some screenies of software firmware, internal storage etc etc etc...


I'm getting rid of my Incredible, for a number of issues...

The Shadow just put sprinkles on my dessert.
Yea Blur can be disabled without even having to root... so if you dont like it its nbd
BigMace23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Android_LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male
Posts: 710
 
Device(s): VZW NOTE 3 (AOKP), VZW S3, DROIDX CM11, Previous: Bionic, Incredible, Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 34
Thanked 86 Times in 70 Posts
PM me to get my GTalk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMace23 View Post
Yea Blur can be disabled without even having to root... so if you dont like it its nbd
Yes, for all devices that are already out w/ Blur, this is true.
Won't really know about new version of blur or this shadow codenamed device until some official news or until someone gets ahold of this device.
Either way, this device looks promising.
Android_LIFE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Also, just because it might have the ability to be disabled doesn't mean it won't have an effect on the speed at which Moto will stay on top of Android OS updates.

I wish they'd leave BLUR on their low-end, teen-focused devices like the Devour and Cliq. It would be much easier to keep up with Google's pace if they stopped forcing custom UIs on everyone. HTC is just as guilty w/ Sense.
civicsixxx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 12:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 157
 
Device(s): Droid X (currently in a coma), Motorola Devour
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

im kinda excited about an upgraded version of motoblur, i like it well enough on my devour but a fresh look would be nice, i dont notice any slowdown on my device and its got a much slower processor so i imagine a faster cpu plus android 2.2 being blazing fast already i doubt that blur will affect speed in any way. i would like some more info on the droid 2 just because it has a keyboard. why dont we have a pre release forum for that? and how does the processor in the shadow match up against that snapdragon in the incredible?
phirefaux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 01:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Android_LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male
Posts: 710
 
Device(s): VZW NOTE 3 (AOKP), VZW S3, DROIDX CM11, Previous: Bionic, Incredible, Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 34
Thanked 86 Times in 70 Posts
PM me to get my GTalk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phirefaux View Post
how does the processor in the shadow match up against that snapdragon in the incredible?
According to the Quadrant app's full benchmark test, the Shadow smokes the Snapdragon (in the Incredible.)
Its not even close.
Just imagine if the Shadow was tested running 2.1 with Quadrant!!! EEEK!!!!!!
An upgrade to Froyo with the Shadow would just be earth shattering increase in speed/performance...

I second the idea for a Sub Forum for the Motorola Droid 2... I know alot of people locally where I live are already talking about it as well as the Shadow.
Android_LIFE is offline  
Last edited by Android_LIFE; May 31st, 2010 at 01:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
HookEmHorns*UT*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ATL, GA
Posts: 236
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 42
Thanked 25 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
I THIRD the idea for a Sub Forum for the Motorola Droid 2[/B]... I know alot of people locally where I live are already talking about it as well as the Shadow.
HookEmHorns*UT* is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

FOURTH! It's a different phone, we need to seperate the info (not that any of it is certain aside from the name).
Droidmare is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,986
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 316
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Default

I probably will i just want to wait and see all the final specs before I sell my incredible
ckochinsky125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
sylent101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 168
 
Device(s): Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I was thinking about it but doesn't Motorola lock down their devices? ill wait a month or so to see how root is looking before considering selling my incredible. Hell by then they'll be announcing another jesus phone. Look at the evo already over shadowed.
__________________
My phone is like super sized.
Yo sh!t look like two fries.
sylent101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
jmims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 259
 
Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Im #1 Ditching Droid

I definitely would like to go with the Droid X, but I think my funds will be lacking.
jmims is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 15th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jreed2560's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,922
 
Device(s): (NONE) LG G2 HTC DNA Droid RAZR HTC Rezound HTC Thunderbolt Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 561
Thanked 451 Times in 305 Posts
jreed2560@gmail.com
Default

I don't care what I have to do. I'll find the money somehow. I passed on the droid, and really regreted not jumping on the latest thing when it came out. I will not let this phone pass me by.
jreed2560 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
jmims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 259
 
Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Im #1 Ditching Droid

Quote:
I don't care what I have to do. I'll find the money somehow. I passed on the droid, and really regreted not jumping on the latest thing when it came out. I will not let this phone pass me by.
Yeah... I just went back to the Engadget preview and salivated over all 55 pictures and the 3 vids. Must... have... superphone... :drool:
jmims is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
matty032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 290
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmims View Post
Yeah... I just went back to the Engadget preview and salivated over all 55 pictures and the 3 vids. Must... have... superphone... :drool:
Drooling here as well.....
matty032 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Wolfedude88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,754
 
Device(s): HTC Droid DNA(Red)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 357
Thanked 555 Times in 357 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
Drooling here as well.....
I am running out of saliva in my mouth, lol.
Wolfedude88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Getting rid of my droid whenever this beast comes out. I used somebody else's new every two to get the droid and now my new every two is up.
daydayvol is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,986
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 316
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Default

I am switching this phone looks awesome
ckochinsky125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 135
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 29 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Im #1 Ditching Droid

Leaving at&t to get it. I wonder how much it will cost off contract?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
doctajay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I am going to get this phone. If you have a droid that sucks because the droid x is way better. If you have an evo, that sucks because droid X is better. If you have an eris that sucks because a Droid X is way better.

I had an Eris, got rid of it for me 8330 blackberry which I had prior to the Eris. Eris is a piece of shit phone. HTC has been pretty shitty. Motorola droid X, that is where it is at. I will get one the day it is in verizon stores.
chaM87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Wolfedude88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,754
 
Device(s): HTC Droid DNA(Red)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 357
Thanked 555 Times in 357 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaM87 View Post
I am going to get this phone. If you have a droid that sucks because the droid x is way better. If you have an evo, that sucks because droid X is better. If you have an eris that sucks because a Droid X is way better.

I had an Eris, got rid of it for me 8330 blackberry which I had prior to the Eris. Eris is a piece of shit phone. HTC has been pretty shitty. Motorola droid X, that is where it is at. I will get one the day it is in verizon stores.

Nobody can say for sure if the Droid X is better because it is not even out yet, yes it does appear to be an awesome phone, but why would it suck to have any of the other phones? I will be buying the X as soon as it comes out but that doesn't mean any of the other phones are crap.
Wolfedude88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfedude88 View Post
Nobody can say for sure if the Droid X is better because it is not even out yet, yes it does appear to be an awesome phone, but why would it suck to have any of the other phones? I will be buying the X as soon as it comes out but that doesn't mean any of the other phones are crap.
From my perspective, if you do not have the droid x you are a noob. Because Motorola makes better phones than HTC [Fact]. Droid X will have best stats out of every phone on the market [Fact]. HTC phones are crap [Fact].
chaM87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Wolfedude88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,754
 
Device(s): HTC Droid DNA(Red)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 357
Thanked 555 Times in 357 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaM87 View Post
From my perspective, if you do not have the droid x you are a noob. Because Motorola makes better phones than HTC [Fact]. Droid X will have best stats out of every phone on the market [Fact]. HTC phones are crap [Fact].

Wow are you serious? We dont even know all of the specs on the Droid X yet, so how can it have all of the best specs? You need to settle down with your accusations, in your opinion Motorola phones are better than HTC phones. FACT!!! I think both phone companies make great phones, I am super excited about this phone though.

Why would someone be a noob for not having this phone? That is extremely immature to think that way. For your sake I hope you are kidding.
Wolfedude88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Here are the specs: Motorola Droid X Specs Confirmed: It's Huge and Fast

Motorola phones are better than HTC phones is my opinion because when you feel them you can feel a better build quality. I know my hands are not lying to me there for it is fact. Maybe you should make a poll and see what the majority of educated people will tell you, it is not biased. If you think HTC phones are great, then you should use search button and see all the problems people have with HTC build quality versus Motorola phones.

I am not kidding.
chaM87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Wolfedude88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,754
 
Device(s): HTC Droid DNA(Red)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 357
Thanked 555 Times in 357 Posts
Default

Well I am not saying they have problems, all phones have problems. I just think it is weird to say that people are noobs if they do not have this phone. Also the link you posted has the screen size wrong, it is actually a 4.3" screen, but no big deal but it is not necessarily the confirmed specs. We should find out next week on the 23rd.

I had a HTC Incredible and it was an awesome phone, I am not here to argue with you. You are clearly wanting the Droid X, which the people here do as well as myself. I just think it is a little childish to be bashing all the other phones, who a lot of people think are great. Like you said yourself, when you have a motorola phone in your hand it feels great. That is your opinion and other people have them to, I am done talking about it, I don't want to argue about it.

Anyways I cannot wait till the 19th of next month for this phone, I am excited to have this in hand.
Wolfedude88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

n!g. Truth. Droid x ftw.
chaM87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #35 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,986
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 316
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaM87 View Post
From my perspective, if you do not have the droid x you are a noob. Because Motorola makes better phones than HTC [Fact]. Droid X will have best stats out of every phone on the market [Fact]. HTC phones are crap [Fact].

How can you say all these are facts? How is the Motorola droid better then the incredible? Please do tell? maybe someone wants a lower end smart phone and doesn't want the how does that make them a noob??? Not everyone is going to like or want this phone it is crazy how you say all this. And if HTC phones are so crap why is there such a long wait for the incredible? I am going to get the X and have an incredible it is far from "crap"
ckochinsky125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

How can I say these are facts. You know the answer to that.

How is the droid x better than the htc incredible? They way the droid x is better is by build quality and by hardware. Motorola makes better built devices, that is just how it is. The droid x happens to have better hardware as well. Pretty simple to come to this conclusion.

The reason there are such long waits for the "htc incredible" is the same reason why lady gaga was recently polled as one of the most influential people in the world. The mass is usually the least intelligent.

Sweet man when you get your X you will see what I was talking about, and maybe you can press the thank button on this thread for me!
chaM87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,528
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx & Asus Transformer Tablet (T300) Retired : D1, DX2, GNex
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 225 Times in 144 Posts
Default

I'd love to upgrade, but I won't...Some of us don't have enough disposable income to drop on a new phone at full retail every 6 months. Now if Verizon did some "anyone can upgrade" type thing, I might have something more to think about. I love my Droid to death anyway, and I will be fine with it for another year...
__________________
Droid Maxx...Battery Life!
dmodert66 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #38 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,986
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 316
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Verizon would never do the anyone can upgrade because they don't make much money on the sale of phones in contract anyway.
ckochinsky125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jreed2560's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,922
 
Device(s): (NONE) LG G2 HTC DNA Droid RAZR HTC Rezound HTC Thunderbolt Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 561
Thanked 451 Times in 305 Posts
jreed2560@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmodert66 View Post
I'd love to upgrade, but I won't...Some of us don't have enough disposable income to drop on a new phone at full retail every 6 months. Now if Verizon did some "anyone can upgrade" type thing, I might have something more to think about. I love my Droid to death anyway, and I will be fine with it for another year...
Most people don't have the disposable income. they do the ebay trick! They buy a new phone at a subsidized price. Then when something better comes out while they are still under contract they sell what they have on ebay for roughly 75 percent of what the current retail price is. Then they use that money to buy the new phone at full retail. and the cycle continues......
jreed2560 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jreed2560 For This Useful Post:
aleis (June 21st, 2010)
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #40 (permalink)
Reformed PH
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,921
 
Device(s): Gnex AOKP Nightlies (KitKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,948
Thanked 26,702 Times in 7,003 Posts
Default Re: Im #1 Ditching Droid

This thread is beginning to get personal. Keep it on the issues. Htc and motorola produce good phones. Please don't question the intelligence of owners if either brand or I request this thread be closed. Thank you.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
Steven58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #41 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,832
 
Device(s): GS5 GS4 TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,211 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default Re: Im #1 Ditching Droid

Quote:
Here are the specs: Motorola Droid X Specs Confirmed: It's Huge and Fast

Motorola phones are better than HTC phones is my opinion because when you feel them you can feel a better build quality. I know my hands are not lying to me there for it is fact. Maybe you should make a poll and see what the majority of educated people will tell you, it is not biased. If you think HTC phones are great, then you should use search button and see all the problems people have with HTC build quality versus Motorola phones.

I am not kidding.
Actually your hands can lie to you. Its what you percieve as fact, instead of a real fact. And perceptions can and often are easily programmed, influenced, & taught.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
__________________
Useful links: The Rules | The Team | FAQ | Unanswered Threads |
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #42 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,986
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 316
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Well there are alot of build quality problems with HTC look at the EVO already having problems and HTC changing how they manufacture the phones. That is fact! Motorola may make their phones heavier and alot more solidly built. You do not hear much about a problem with a motorola for build quality.
ckochinsky125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #43 (permalink)
Reformed PH
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,921
 
Device(s): Gnex AOKP Nightlies (KitKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,948
Thanked 26,702 Times in 7,003 Posts
Default Re: Im #1 Ditching Droid

Quote:
Quote:
Here are the specs: Motorola Droid X Specs Confirmed: It's Huge and Fast

Motor
Actually your hands can lie to you. Its what you percieve as fact, instead of a real fact. And perceptions can and often are easily programmed, influenced, & taught.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
My oh my. That's monstrous!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
Steven58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #44 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,986
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 316
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven58 View Post
My oh my. That's monstrous!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Well it inst much bigger if at all then the HD2 and i held my incredible against it and it actually wasn't that much bigger then the incredible
ckochinsky125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
Reformed PH
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,921
 
Device(s): Gnex AOKP Nightlies (KitKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,948
Thanked 26,702 Times in 7,003 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckochinsky125 View Post
Well it inst much bigger if at all then the HD2 and i held my incredible against it and it actually wasn't that much bigger then the incredible
I didn't mean size, I meant specs, fwiw.
Steven58 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,986
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 316
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Oh alright. yeah it is a beast spec wise
ckochinsky125 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 04:12 AM   #47 (permalink)
Check six!
 
Slug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Inverness, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,896
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia Z
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 2,746
Thanked 11,365 Times in 5,767 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Slug slugbrem@gmail.com
Default

Once again... keep the thread on-topic and ego-free or it will be closed.
Slug is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:57 AM   #48 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
aleis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,054
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 145
Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post
Once again... keep the thread on-topic and ego-free or it will be closed.

r u even reading the other threads?
this is emotional but its on topic. unlike the others talking about other phones!!
HELLO!
__________________
Insert politically correct statement {here}
aleis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 12:27 PM   #49 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
generic username's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 61
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Omega_Man View Post
No, I can not do it if there is no physical Keyboard....
Obviously, I like your avatar.

I used to think I couldn't do without a physical keyboard as a long time Blackberry owner, but I'm ready to make the leap. I don't type one handed often, so the large keyboard on the Moto X should be fine for me.
__________________
Long term Blackberry user who can't wait to defect to HTC Incredible.
generic username is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 12:29 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jreed2560's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,922
 
Device(s): (NONE) LG G2 HTC DNA Droid RAZR HTC Rezound HTC Thunderbolt Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 561
Thanked 451 Times in 305 Posts
jreed2560@gmail.com
Default

it comes preloaded with swype. You should definitely give that a try as well
jreed2560 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola DROID X
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

 Motorola DROID X is an Android powered smartphone with a 1GHz processor, huge 4.3-inch display with 480x854 pixels resolution, 8-megapixel camera with 720p motion video capture and many other features. It's the newest addition to Motorola... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid X
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.