April 13th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 114 Times in 43 Posts
How To Fix Motorola Droid X2 Screen
This written repair guide will help you to securely and easily disassemble your Motorola Droid X2. This guide will show how to replace the LCD screen and touchscreen glass digitizer. You can also repair any other internal components of your Droid X2.
This guide will help you to install the following Motorola Droid X2 part(s):
- Motorola Droid X2 Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Motorola Droid X2 LCD Screen Replacement
- Other Motorola Droid X2 Replacement Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Torx T5 Screwdriver
- Torx T3 Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
- Heat Gun/Hair Dryer
Motorola Droid X2 Take Apart Repair Guide:
- First, remove the back battery cover and remove the battery using the battery pull tab.
- Now remove the top and the bottom brackets from the front of the phone. Gently run the safe pry tool at the sides of these brackets and they will come right off.
- Next, remove the following four (4) screw, two on the bottom and two on the top of the phone. Using a T5 Torx Screwdriver.
- At the back housing cover of the phone, remove the two (2) screws using T5 Torx Screwdriver.
- Next, run along the long sides of the phone with a safe open pry tool to release the back frame housing away from the front assembly of the phone.
- Next, remove the nine (9) screws holding the frame in place using T3 Torx Screwdriver.
- Release the LCD and touchscreen digitizer cable flex cables using safe pry tool. One is holding by a jaw connector and need to be release as shown in Figure 2.
- Gently release the antenna flex cable holding the place on the top of the phone from the motherboard using a safe pry tool.
- Next, gently move the motherboard at the left hand side. The pop flex cable at the center of the board will be need to be disconnected
- At the actual back of the phone, remove the camera. Once removed, separate the motherboard away from the phone.
- Next, at the bottom of the phone remove the four (4) screws using T3 Torx Screwdriver.
- Now gently release the flex cable ribbon with the jawbone connector from the phone using safe pry tool. Be cautious to release the jaw connector first before removing the flex cable ribbon.
- Next, go ahead and remove the flex cable from the phone. Be cautious as it is still holding place with adhesive, upon releasing it from the middle backing, spend a little bit of your time. Make sure not to tear the flex ribbon cable upon removing.
- Once done, you can now separate the LCD back plate from the phone.
- Next, gently heat up the corners of the digitizer touch panel using hair dryer or heat gun. This will soften the held adhesive that is holding the touch screen in place from the front housing.
- Now gently run along the sides of the touchscreen from the housing using safe pry tool. This will allow you to separate the digitizer from the front housing of the phone.
- Once done, you can now change your touch screen digitizer.
Now you will be able to replace any parts on your Motorola Droid X2. Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.