Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Putting music on your droid

I just got my droid, so expect to be inundated with questions.

first one, can I put music in mp3 format on my new droid straight from my hard drive?

Advertisements
dr_trousers is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Augusta,GA
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): moto droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yes.....it comes witht he 16g micro sd card so just plug..drag down the quick menu mount the sd card and make your music folder in it then drag and drop! but know it will put the music in alphabetical order.
donnyrkj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_trousers View Post
I just got my droid, so expect to be inundated with questions.

first one, can I put music in mp3 format on my new droid straight from my hard drive?
Forget I asked. Consulted the user guide. My apologies!
dr_trousers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 34
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyrkj View Post
yes.....it comes witht he 16g micro sd card so just plug..drag down the quick menu mount the sd card and make your music folder in it then drag and drop! but know it will put the music in alphabetical order.
Alphabetical by artist or song? By song would suck.
dr_trousers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

By artist, album, song title and play list, those are all the choices we have so far with the stock droid music player.
wutasi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Over Macho Grande?
 
alostpacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,920
 
Device(s): GlassXE, MotoX, N5, N4, N7'12, GNex, N1, SGT10.1, Revue, Xoom, Eris, OG Droid
Carrier: TMO

Thanks: 4,603
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,530 Posts
Default

You can also use Winamp to sync it.

I recently started winamp when my Droid was connected and mounted* and Winamp immediately recognized that there was a "mass storage device of an unknown type" attached to the computer. Winamp then asked me if I wanted to treat the storage devices as a music player and let winamp sync it. I said yes and everything has worked perfectly so far.

My only gripe was that winamp stores everything on the root of the SD card. but it's not a big deal because it seems all the files are automatically detected by the droid anyways. It seems that's how a lot of apps work too -- kind of a "just toss their files on the root and use applications to sort through the pile" philosophy. So for whatever it's worth, at this point I dont care much that all the files on my SD card are at the root. Though I do plan to look for a way in winamp to make it a bit more tidy.


*Note:

(dont forget you need to mount it from the usb notification on your droid).
alostpacket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Over Macho Grande?
 
alostpacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,920
 
Device(s): GlassXE, MotoX, N5, N4, N7'12, GNex, N1, SGT10.1, Revue, Xoom, Eris, OG Droid
Carrier: TMO

Thanks: 4,603
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,530 Posts
Default

Here's a question I have though, anyone have recommendations for a better music player than the default? Preferably something with a nice ipod style "album flip" effect. But most importantly it should have scrubbing features equal to or better than the default. I listen to a lot of long DJ mixes (some 3-4hrs) so this is a must.



Any suggestions appreciated.
alostpacket is offline  
Last edited by alostpacket; December 2nd, 2009 at 03:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 374
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alostpacket View Post
Here's a question I have though, anyone have recommendations for a better music player than the default? Preferably something with a nice ipod style "album flip" effect. But most importantly it should have scrubbing features equal to or better than the default. I listen to a lot of long DJ mixes (some 3-4hrs) so this is a must.



Any suggestions appreciated.
I used to use Mixzing Lite. But ended up switching back to the stock player. The deal breaker for me was that when I unplugged the Droid from my car's Aux jack, the music would switch to the speaker on the phone. On the stock player, it's stops playing. Seems minor, but got annoying.
Timaphillips is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Over Macho Grande?
 
alostpacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,920
 
Device(s): GlassXE, MotoX, N5, N4, N7'12, GNex, N1, SGT10.1, Revue, Xoom, Eris, OG Droid
Carrier: TMO

Thanks: 4,603
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,530 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaphillips View Post
I used to use Mixzing Lite. But ended up switching back to the stock player. The deal breaker for me was that when I unplugged the Droid from my car's Aux jack, the music would switch to the speaker on the phone. On the stock player, it's stops playing. Seems minor, but got annoying.

I'll check it out, thanks.
alostpacket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well it seems this post hasn't been touched in a good while but I am going to put my post in anyways. Mortplayer seems to be a rather decent music player. It organizes music into folder view. Plus I have a bluetooth w/ music streaming deck in my car and it seems its the only player (the only one I know of anyways) that gives me control from my deck. And showing up w/ album art and easy to use interface is a plus as well.
AddictedtoDroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wynne, AR
Posts: 94
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr M A X X Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi only Motorola Droid X2 (old/spare phone)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
aaron5610@gmail.com
Default Re: Putting music on your droid

There is a really cool music player app called "3" in market. It has some cool effects and a cool UI. Search for 3 in the market its like the second one I think, and its free...



Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
__________________
Motorola DROID RAZR M A X X
Motorola Droid X2 (old/spare phone)
Motorola Xoom
aaron5610 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alostpacket View Post
You can also use Winamp to sync it.

I recently started winamp when my Droid was connected and mounted* and Winamp immediately recognized that there was a "mass storage device of an unknown type" attached to the computer. Winamp then asked me if I wanted to treat the storage devices as a music player and let winamp sync it. I said yes and everything has worked perfectly so far.

My only gripe was that winamp stores everything on the root of the SD card. but it's not a big deal because it seems all the files are automatically detected by the droid anyways. It seems that's how a lot of apps work too -- kind of a "just toss their files on the root and use applications to sort through the pile" philosophy. So for whatever it's worth, at this point I dont care much that all the files on my SD card are at the root. Though I do plan to look for a way in winamp to make it a bit more tidy.


*Note:

(dont forget you need to mount it from the usb notification on your droid).
Hey all. Sorry, I know this is a really old post but googling winamp and android brings people here so I thought I'd just mention that the problem with music being dumped in the root of the SD card in winamp can be sorted. Just plug the device in and go into the winamp preferences. The device should be listed on the left under portables. Click it, then the advanced tab and you can specify where to dump the music (and playlists!) so it'll handle it all transparently.

Just my 2c.
JohnnyUK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola Droid
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Droid - the first ever Verizon Android Phone - exploded onto the mobile market with an incredibly successful ad campaign that brough Android to the masses. With a huge and vibrant touchscreen, solid metal body, full QWERTY keyboard, 5M... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.