Things to do first...
Press & long hold on empty space on home screen, and Add Widget >> Power Control. This'll let you Toggle power to Wifi / BlueTooth / GPS / Sync / Backlight brightness.
Change to another home screen (left or right) Press & long hold on empty space and Add >> Widget >> Music. This'll let you quickly get to your music collection. PS. Simply create a folder on your SD card called Music and dump/paste your music in there. NOTE
: It's in your best interest to use Playlists, so make playlists for your albums, it's much easier when using the default music player to pull up a playlist. Plus this way the album plays in the proper order.
Bring up the Phone menu (like where you dial a call)
##PROGRAM (or ##7764726
) and hit Send.
(Six Zeroes) for the SPC password.
Go to OPTION 4 - VOCODE
Change it to EVRC-B
This will give you MUCH better call quality at the sacrifice of slightly shorter battery life.
Press and hold on an empty space on the screen, Add a > Folder >> New Folder
Press to open that folder, then press on the title that simply says "Folder" Now you can rename it, call it Speed. (for Speed Dials)
Now Press and hold on an empty space in the same home screen, Add > Shortcut >> Direct Dial >> And pick your contact.
Now Press & Hold on your direct dial contact, and drag it to the Folder called Speed.
Wash, Rinse, & Repeat.
You can do the same with text messaging, etc. Now you'll have a folder that will contain your speed dials, and will prevent you from accidentally speed dialing people when you're on that home screen (like I did 4 or 5 times... oops).
Apps that I have, and in the order I would suggest getting them.
*Note* I have linked to the Apps that have pages on AndroLib, if you look on the right, you can use the Barcode Scanner app and it'll take you straight to the Market to download the App.
- Lets you scan all these cool QR2 Barcode's that contain links, business
- App that uses the LED's on the phone as a flashlight.
MotoTorch - Same thing as above I can't remember which one is free.
- File explorer/manager
DockRunner - Lets you switch to the Media Station mode w/o the $30 home charging dock
Anywhere GPS Text
- Simply displays your Lat & Lon and a few other basics.
- Displays satellites, speed, heading, altitude, signal strength, Metric & Standard
- Lets you create a GPS Breadcrumb path/trail as you move (ie. record your path).
- Google's Podcast software... my first time podcasting, not just downloading to PC and stuff, it's amazing.. and painless to use
- Cool pay app $7/yr (free trial) lets you find the cheapest gas around, and pick fuel type/distance searched etc.
- Widget Toggle that lets you do the PC Mount USB in one touch (for copying files from/to PC).
Advanced Task Killer Free
- Great app, remembers what apps you want to terminate, frees up memory
- Amazingly handy directory based on your location (find restaurants, gas, etc etc)
- Notifications in Status Bar & LED color changes for Missed Calls etc.
- Change ringers/vibrate/notifications auto-magically based on location
contacts, information, etc (like you see in my user icon).
(Pay, I think it's $1.99) - Forward/Reverse Area Code Lookup (wish this was included by default)
- Simple to do list
Google Sky Map
- Turn on your GPS and be amazed, a map of the night sky/stars/constellations etc
- Scientific Calculator for Droid
My Battery Status
- Puts an actual %age number indicator in the Status bar of your battery %.
- Find local movie times/theaters
My Verizon - Ya know... your Verizon account etc.
- View PDF Files on your phone
- MultiTouch web browser
- does what it says
- Lets you send group/mass text messages
- Find out what channels what wireless networks are on
- Lets you know if your Wifi is on but not connected, Keeps wifi active when phone is idle
r - Scans wireless networks and displays info (MAC, Signal, SSID, network name, IP address etc)
- Logs GPS coordinates of wireless networks detected, displays them on a map, and logs them to a file (AWESOME, just like Netstumbler but better!)
- New App
- Follows you and shows you weather for where you're at. Also can have alternate location to keep track of weather back home/ parents place.
- Log mileage, fuel costs, maintenance repairs and reminders - AMAZING!!! I love this.
- Amazing little app. Dynomometer (Horse Power meter for your car), as well as skid pad, g-meter all kinds of cool stuff.
Car Finder Lite
- Cinn Dev - lets you mark your cars location when you're @ a huge parking lot, and come back to it. (PS you can sort of do this with Anywhere GPS Text).
- Another Dynomometer for the car.
DroidSans Tweak Lite
- Lets you tinker with animation speed AND turn on Compass in Google Maps!!
- Lets you have 6 SIX search screens for the Internet... and maybe your home screen. Not completely sure of this one still getting familiar.
- Huge info on locations, sort of like Where
- Shows you DETAILED battery info, can turn on Compass in Google Maps, and adjust animation speeds. I kinda like it better than DroidSans Tweak Lite
- Lets you edit and clip up MP3's and set them as ringtones, or set previous edited mp3 ringtones (from other phones) directly as ringtones
- Lets you set Mp3's as ringtones (that's it)
- You can have it change power settings depending on power status and battery status (ie. Automatically adjust screen brightness if battery is low etc).
Where's My Droid
- Can locate your droid for you if lost/stolen. Can turn ringer on from silent, or send you GPS coordinates back via text.
- Scan barcodes to have your barcodes battle other barcodes. Lame and cool @ the same time
- Free, only lets you play on level 1, but it's chess!
- Annoyingly difficult and addictive game, try to get all rectangles the same color in as few moves
- Free knock off of Bejeweled, great time killer
- Amazingly dorky little ap, but it's awesome! Gravity, solar flare info, audio analyzer... just download it you'll see!!
Hope this helps... because if it didn't, I just wasted 20 minuntes of my life