Here is the hardware reset procedure for the Flipside.
I am not responsible for any data losses, damages to your phone, the loss of the use of your phone, any monetary loss you incur due to following this procedure, any emotional scarring, etc.
You do this procedure entirely at your own risk!!!!
Before you start:
Backup any data you want/need to save. How you do this will vary depending on the apps you use. This procedure did not delete or damage anything on my SD Card, but it will not hurt to back that up also.
Make sure you have your motoblur sign-in info and google account info handy. Your other accounts should be restored by MotoBlur.
I advise doing this reset where you have access to a WiFi network. That way when the phone reboots you can enable WiFi before entering your Motoblur info. This greatly speeds up syncing your stuff back to your phone.
The Reset Procedure
- Power off your phone
- Open the hardware keyboard
- Hold the X key and then hold the power button
- When you see the Moto symbol you can release the power key
- Hold the X key until you see a triangle with an exclamation point
- Press the key labeled Fn (lower left corner of the keyboard in landscape, upper left in portrait) and the T key at the same time
- You will now see a menu on the screen
- Use the hardware keyboard cursor keys (lower left in portrait mode) to move the blue highlight to the various selections. You want to highlight "wipe data/factory reset"
- Press the return key (to the right of the OK key with the phone in portrait mode) on the hardware keyboard to select the option that is highlighted.
- Use the cursor keys to highlight YES from the next menu.
- Press the return key to complete the selection
- The phone will begin to reset. WAIT until it says it is complete
- When it is complete you will see the the menu again, select "Reboot system now" with the cursor keys
- Press the return key to reboot the phone.
I did this three times on my phone and it worked for me. I am posting because I found a lot of sites that had the wrong info. I put this together from those sites and from sites with info about other Moto phones.