Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Milestone 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Wifi delays 3g connection until reboot

Having a problem with my milestone 2 since I've started using it to connect to my home wifi network (used it for a couple of months after buying without using wifi - only 3g). I've found that if I use wifi and then later turn it off and attempted to re-establish a 3g/hdspa/edge link, instead of happening straight away as it usually does, it takes around a minute to establish the link. This continues irrespective of how many times I turn 3g on and off (I typically leave it/gps/wifi/bluetooth off unless I'm using them to save battery power) or how long it's been since I used wifi, until I power the phone off and back on, after which toggling 3g goes back to taking one or two seconds....until the next time I use wifi, etc. Kind of annoying, wondering if anyone else had run into something similar and found a solution/workaround (although googling suggests not )

Edit: Never mind, issue seemed to be caused (somehow) by the toggle widgets (was using GO widgets having just started using the GO launcher, switching to ZDbox toggle widgets resulted in the issue disappearing )

Last edited by dalsen; April 14th, 2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Problem solved.
sponsored links

Motorola Milestone 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Milestone 2 is the European Version of the Motorola Droid 2. The biggest differences are that this phone runs on a GSM network. It runs Android with MOTOBLUR, but so does the Motorola DROID 2 on Verizon. Spec-wise it's all the sa... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Milestone 2