Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Milestone

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Phone auto restart

Hi everyone, my motorola milestone auto restart once in a while. Can someone pls let me know. Thanks.

Advertisements
samichelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 14th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TelusMilestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): SGS2X Motorola Milestone, HTC HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Ya it happened once in a while but not since I updated it. Need more info...
TelusMilestone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Phone auto restart.

Hi there, what would u like to know about my phone? I'm a beginner of android user. I can tell u I have a 2.1-update1 firmware. What would u like to know more? Pls spend some time with me to solve this problem. I'm having a headache when the phone suddenly offline & I don't notice it when it's inside my pocket. Pls help...thanks.
samichelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 06:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TelusMilestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): SGS2X Motorola Milestone, HTC HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Have you tried to update your phone recently? A new update came out just the other day. What apps do you have installed? If your not too attached to your settings and stock your sbf file and start over does it still happen? I am too also new to Android and smart phones but have come along pretty quick with the help of guides and reading on forums. When you say offline do you mean the phone is just off? So either it is a update you need to do or you need to check over the apps you have installed. One of them is most likely causing it to reboot.
TelusMilestone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 325
 
Device(s): Droid 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 139
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samichelle View Post
Hi everyone, my motorola milestone auto restart once in a while. Can someone pls let me know. Thanks.
Actually, an 'auto restart' could be quite useful, IF it was controlled and scheduled, in order to keep the phone functioning at max capacity and clear the memory. Is there an app that can do this in a scheduled manner, or does an app exist like "Slide to Shutdown (winmo)" that will restart an Android device in stead of just turning it off? Thanks!
__________________
*My ANDROID Wish-list:
1) Free Wifi hot spot sharing WITHOUT ROOTING
THAT'S IT!
DROIDing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TelusMilestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): SGS2X Motorola Milestone, HTC HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Tongue Auto Restart App

Quote:
Originally Posted by DROIDing View Post
Actually, an 'auto restart' could be quite useful, IF it was controlled and scheduled, in order to keep the phone functioning at max capacity and clear the memory. Is there an app that can do this in a scheduled manner, or does an app exist like "Slide to Shutdown (winmo)" that will restart an Android device in stead of just turning it off? Thanks!
Yes there is a app for that. Can't remember what ones there are, and I'm too lazy to search google I'm sure someone will comment soon enough on what ones there are to choose from
TelusMilestone is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TelusMilestone For This Useful Post:
DROIDing (August 15th, 2010)
Old August 15th, 2010, 07:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 325
 
Device(s): Droid 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 139
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelusMilestone View Post
Yes there is a app for that. Can't remember what ones there are, and I'm too lazy to search google I'm sure someone will comment soon enough on what ones there are to choose from
Thanks, I hope so! I Googled and it only seemed to populate more questions like mine and how to remotely shut down your Android phone if stolen
DROIDing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Power Off is an uato-restart app in the Market - root users only.
__________________
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Szadzik For This Useful Post:
DROIDing (August 15th, 2010)
Old August 15th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
LifeInAnalog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 114
 
Device(s): Motorola Milestone, Motorola XT860 (unlocked)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

...there is RebootNow - Android Apps and Tests - AndroidPIT

...but I believe you must be rooted.
LifeInAnalog is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInAnalog For This Useful Post:
DROIDing (August 15th, 2010)
Old August 15th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 325
 
Device(s): Droid 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 139
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInAnalog View Post
...there is RebootNow - Android Apps and Tests - AndroidPIT

...but I believe you must be rooted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
Power Off is an uato-restart app in the Market - root users only.
Operation Droid 2 Root: COMMENCE! Haha Thanks for the help guys! Hopefully a root will surface soon.
DROIDing is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Phone auto restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelusMilestone View Post
Have you tried to update your phone recently? A new update came out just the other day. What apps do you have installed? If your not too attached to your settings and stock your sbf file and start over does it still happen? I am too also new to Android and smart phones but have come along pretty quick with the help of guides and reading on forums. When you say offline do you mean the phone is just off? So either it is a update you need to do or you need to check over the apps you have installed. One of them is most likely causing it to reboot.
Everytime when I wanna update my phone, it says I got the latest one already. I got apps like BatteryTime Lite, AndExplorer, Ringdroid & some games. Do u know what apps will cause it to reboot? What I meant offline is it reboot & ask for pin(common thing when u turn on the phone) but sometimes it just reboot & never ask for pin.
samichelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samichelle View Post
Everytime when I wanna update my phone, it says I got the latest one already. I got apps like BatteryTime Lite, AndExplorer, Ringdroid & some games. Do u know what apps will cause it to reboot? What I meant offline is it reboot & ask for pin(common thing when u turn on the phone) but sometimes it just reboot & never ask for pin.
None of these apps rooted it. If you know nothing about it it means it is not rooted.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Phone auto restart

By the way...what's the meaning of rooted anyway?? Sorry guys...I'm still new here.
samichelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samichelle View Post
By the way...what's the meaning of rooted anyway?? Sorry guys...I'm still new here.
It means getting administrative rights to the system files so you can delete them and add new ones.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Phone auto restart

So, what would u recommend me to do? Any good suggestion? Would it be better if I update to 2.2 firmware? How can it be done?
samichelle is offline  
Last edited by samichelle; August 16th, 2010 at 09:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 02:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samichelle View Post
So, what would u recommend me to do? Any good suggestion? Would it be better if I update to 2.2 firmware? How can it be done?
1. There is no 2.2 ROM for the Milestone.
2. What do you want to do? Do you want to reboot your phone or do something else?
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TelusMilestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 663
 
Device(s): SGS2X Motorola Milestone, HTC HD
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 34 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Like I said previous apply the stock sbf on it then you can test and see if it still reboots. If I stops rebooting then you know it was a app and you can slowly add each app testing each one for a day to see when the phone starts rebooting. You will lose all your settings but then again it shouldn't reboot anymore with just the stock sbf.
TelusMilestone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Phone auto restart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
1. There is no 2.2 ROM for the Milestone.
2. What do you want to do? Do you want to reboot your phone or do something else?
I wanna do something else. What do u think about TelusMilestone idea? Or do u have a better one? Pls teach me...step by step if possible because I'm not too good at it. Thanks.
samichelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samichelle View Post
I wanna do something else. What do u think about TelusMilestone idea? Or do u have a better one? Pls teach me...step by step if possible because I'm not too good at it. Thanks.
TelusMilestone's idea is the only one I'd suggest.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Scheduled reboot

Auto reboot which will also run 3 apps after reboot. Try RFRSH - Refresh for Android at the Market or Refresh for Android | Morpheus Tech Apps .
gthomaspt is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the same trouble. I don't really do apps, so there are none to speak of on my phone, it's been doing it since I bought it. It is fully upgraded as far as I know and it seems to auto-restart when I am trying to text than at any other time. But on occasion it will do it when just sitting idle. It seems to take almost a min or two to fully reboot.

I have done several factory restores and no change, I reported it when it was under warranty and they did nothing. It is really getting annoying as I also use the phone to run my business and when it shuts off in the middle of a call it costs me money.

I have the motorola milestone.It's a POS.
Annoyed2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #22 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelusMilestone View Post
Have you tried to update your phone recently? A new update came out just the other day. What apps do you have installed? If your not too attached to your settings and stock your sbf file and start over does it still happen? I am too also new to Android and smart phones but have come along pretty quick with the help of guides and reading on forums. When you say offline do you mean the phone is just off? So either it is a update you need to do or you need to check over the apps you have installed. One of them is most likely causing it to reboot.
hi !! i have a motorola milestone ...and suddenly it's started to auto restart without stopping until it appears some kind of boot menu on the screen ....it says : ""bootloader 90.78 .....code corrupt....battery ok ....cannot program """ can you help me please to fix this problem
nikomicaco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola Milestone
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Milestone is the equivilent to the US's Motorola Droid with some minor software changes. As the Droid has, the Motorola features some great specs including a solid feel chassy, 5 MP camera with auto-focus and geo-tagging, a respons... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Milestone
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.