I have a german milestone that I'm using in the US on Tmobile. No 3G for anyone who might ask
That said, I've been checking daily for the 2.1 update. I was only just able to install it earlier today. I'm not sure I ended up with the full update.
From reading the Telus thread, here's a link to what the update "should" include:
Google's Android 2.1: How It'll Change Your Phone - PCWorld
First thing I notice wrong. I still have the old app drawer.
Here's the list:
1) Live wallpapers - Yes.
2) Additional Homescreens - Yes. I now have 5 plus a little bar up top with a dot that shows which homescreen I'm on when I'm swiping between them.
3) Updated Home screen navagation - No or Maybe (???). I'm not sure I have this one. I don't see anything that looks like icons that I can touch to switch between screens. Would this be hiding in the widgets?
4) New App Launcher. No. Definately missing. Still have the app drawer.
5) Voice typing - No. Definately missing, but seems to be left off European phones.
6) New Widgets - No or Maybe (???). I have a weather widget, can't tell if it's new. It can't identify my zip code nor does it find common locations I type in (Manhattan, New York, USA) or my zip code, so I can't tell if it includes news.
7) 3D Photo Gallery - No or Maybe (???). My gallery doesn't look anything like this: Cooliris | Nexus One Media Gallery on Android - The official app
so I think I still have the old gallery. I only looked at the old gallery a few times. When I pull up pictures from the gallery app they're in a grid with white borders. When I pull them up from the camera app there's one picture in the "foregound" with the rest smaller in the background and I can scroll through them left/right.
Do I have some half-assed update to 2.1, rather than the full deal other european milestones got, or is this what we all ended up with? It seems like a waste to only get two of the seven new features.