Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Milestone

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 3rd, 2010, 03:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default AT&T APN settings for Milestone

After some frustrating failed attempts, I finally figured out the APN settings to get my Milestone (Euro version) to work on AT&T's 2G EDGE, which seems plenty fast enough IMO, especially since the data plan only costs $10 or $15/mo. Here are the settings that work for me in San Francisco:

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: leave blank
MMS Proxy: leave blank
MMS Port: leave blank
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: default

Advertisements
rahurlburt is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Airtel APN settings for Milestone

Airtel APN settings for Milestone :

Hi this is Manoranjan from india.I am using Airtel Mobile office for data connection.Can someone help me in setting up data connection for Airtel operator.

I need Airtel APN settings for Milestone .
sudanaguntam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
craigcrawford1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 111
 
Device(s): HTC Desire, Motorola Milestone
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 41 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanaguntam View Post
Airtel APN settings for Milestone :

Hi this is Manoranjan from india.I am using Airtel Mobile office for data connection.Can someone help me in setting up data connection for Airtel operator.

I need Airtel APN settings for Milestone .
Tried Google?
craigcrawford1988 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
TruFatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
 
Device(s): Nexus one 2.21
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

with that APN, you might not be able to sent picture messages. this is what my APN looks like

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410 (note. this could also be 310, 41 or 15)
APN Type: leave blank
TruFatty is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TruFatty For This Useful Post:
judavis91 (January 5th, 2011)
Old June 20th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How to disable APN setting?

Hi Everyone....

Can someone tell me how to disable APN setting at milestone?
coz my ph card is without data plan...

Thanks you and Best Regards
Taz
taz373 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz373 View Post
Hi Everyone....

Can someone tell me how to disable APN setting at milestone?
coz my ph card is without data plan...

Thanks you and Best Regards
Taz
Use APNDroid.
__________________
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Eggos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): Moto Milestone, T-Mo My Touch 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: AT&T APN settings for Milestone

Quote:
Hi Everyone....

Can someone tell me how to disable APN setting at milestone?
coz my ph card is without data plan...

Thanks you and Best Regards
Taz
Toggle settings works well too, and has big buttons.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk
Eggos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default any 1 know vodafone APN setting for milestone ,plz tell me.

as the question .
liul_will is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey Guys,

I have the Canadian Milestone, and I just tried to put in the AT&T settings, to have as a secondary set to my bell settings, and it wouldn't save, will I have to remove my bell APN to add the AT&T? I'm just preparing for when I cross the border next so that I don't get slammed with roaming charges, so its not urgent, but it would be nice to be able to have both, in there and just select which one is appropriate when the time comes.

Lucas
lucas.robb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas.robb View Post
Hey Guys,

I have the Canadian Milestone, and I just tried to put in the AT&T settings, to have as a secondary set to my bell settings, and it wouldn't save, will I have to remove my bell APN to add the AT&T? I'm just preparing for when I cross the border next so that I don't get slammed with roaming charges, so its not urgent, but it would be nice to be able to have both, in there and just select which one is appropriate when the time comes.

Lucas
Have you the AT&T SIM card already? If yes, insert it and it should download the settings automatically.

If you do not have an AT&T SIM card and want to use your Canadian SIM with AT&T APN thinking that will stop romaing charges I can tell you, you are wrong and there is no way for this 'workaround' to work.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 4th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
Have you the AT&T SIM card already? If yes, insert it and it should download the settings automatically.
I don't have my AT&T SIM yet, but, with my Bell SIM I had to put my own APN settings in, when I get my AT&T SIM I won't have to put them in myself? if so, awesome! if not, will I I be able to have two APN servers and have my phone select (or me select) which one to use? Could it possibly be that I need to have the other SIM installed in order for it to save the alternative APN
lucas.robb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas.robb View Post
I don't have my AT&T SIM yet, but, with my Bell SIM I had to put my own APN settings in, when I get my AT&T SIM I won't have to put them in myself? if so, awesome! if not, will I I be able to have two APN servers and have my phone select (or me select) which one to use? Could it possibly be that I need to have the other SIM installed in order for it to save the alternative APN
When you finish editing the APN do you press Menu and hit Save? I just tried that and everything got saved.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Szadzik For This Useful Post:
lucas.robb (November 4th, 2010)
Old November 4th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Blush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
When you finish editing the APN do you press Menu and hit Save? I just tried that and everything got saved.

maybe it was just a fluke, I hit save and it didn't save... but I'll give it a shot in just a minute here
lucas.robb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas.robb View Post
maybe it was just a fluke, I hit save and it didn't save... but I'll give it a shot in just a minute here

well,

I have good and bad news... I can get it to save, however when I set the MCC to 310 (when the default is 302), I click save... and it deletes itself. I tried setting it one setting at a time and saved it each time... but when I get to MCC, I click save, and it removed it from the list.

Lucas
lucas.robb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 08:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas.robb View Post
well,

I have good and bad news... I can get it to save, however when I set the MCC to 310 (when the default is 302), I click save... and it deletes itself. I tried setting it one setting at a time and saved it each time... but when I get to MCC, I click save, and it removed it from the list.

Lucas
Maybe it does not save because it does not recognize the SIM that is required for the APN to work at all? Just a guess though.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
Maybe it does not save because it does not recognize the SIM that is required for the APN to work at all? Just a guess though.

that's what I'm hoping, I have a SIM on the way so I'll see when it gets here
lucas.robb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well, its official... once you have the american SIM card in there, ALL of the APNs that you setup are saved and appear when you put in the other SIM so no worries there. All is good!
lucas.robb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
highaltitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 241
 
Device(s): SE Xperia X10a AT&T
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Anyone know if these settings will work for out here where I am on the other side of the country?
highaltitude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highaltitude View Post
Anyone know if these settings will work for out here where I am on the other side of the country?
We could probably answer your questions, if only we knew where you were.
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 37
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

does mms work???
dmo580 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hey i have the same phone and problem except i live GA
judavis91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola Milestone
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Milestone is the equivilent to the US's Motorola Droid with some minor software changes. As the Droid has, the Motorola features some great specs including a solid feel chassy, 5 MP camera with auto-focus and geo-tagging, a respons... Read More

Tags
android, at&t, att, edge, milestone


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Milestone
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.