Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Photon 4G

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 28th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #51 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,988
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,202
Thanked 4,634 Times in 1,729 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

speaking of the hdmi cable, I noticed that it was out of stock when ordering the Photon, would any compatible hdmi cable work? Or does anyone have a link on where to get one?

If you do, please post the link in the Accessories thread.

Thanks
TS

__________________
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...



twospirits is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #52 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
horn34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): Motorola Photon, Samsung M500
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
speaking of the hdmi cable, I noticed that it was out of stock when ordering the Photon, would any compatible hdmi cable work? Or does anyone have a link on where to get one?

If you do, please post the link in the Accessories thread.

Thanks
TS
It needs to be Type A to Type D. I posted the one I ordered for $3.76 in a couple of threads.

Amazon.com: 6ft Micro HDMI (HDMI Type) to A Cable for Nokia cell phone: Electronics
horn34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to horn34 For This Useful Post:
burgertime (July 28th, 2011), drexappeal (July 28th, 2011), twospirits (July 28th, 2011)
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #53 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Crap, I just ordered about an hour ago---I wonder if I can still get it tomorrow. I'll be pissed if I don't get it until Monday I have been following this thing like a stalker, but I got so busy at work I didn't even have time to check my email!
ScrapMaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #54 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn34 View Post
It needs to be Type A to Type D. I posted the one I ordered for $3.76 in a couple of threads.

Amazon.com: 6ft Micro HDMI (HDMI Type) to A Cable for Nokia cell phone: Electronics
Is this the same kind the Evo 4G uses? I still have mine...
ScrapMaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
donniegood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 102
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Crap, I just ordered about an hour ago---I wonder if I can still get it tomorrow. I'll be pissed if I don't get it until Monday I have been following this thing like a stalker, but I got so busy at work I didn't even have time to check my email!
If you just ordered its not going out tonight who would even take shipments at this hour?
donniegood is offline  
Last edited by donniegood; July 28th, 2011 at 09:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #56 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
horn34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 42
 
Device(s): Motorola Photon, Samsung M500
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Is this the same kind the Evo 4G uses? I still have mine...
I'm pretty sure the Evo 4G uses the same cable.
horn34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #57 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniegood View Post
If you just ordered its not going out tonight who would even take shipments at this hour?

That all depends... many companys run 24/7 or at least late hours. I have no clue. As long as I get it before Sunday, I'll be happy.

If it's UPS it can show up Saturday as well.
ScrapMaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
donniegood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 102
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
That all depends... many companys run 24/7 or at least late hours. I have no clue. As long as I get it before Sunday, I'll be happy.

If it's UPS it can show up Saturday as well.
I wish you luck my friend but most people last time who didn't make the cut off time did not get on weekend. I don't remember what launch it was though
donniegood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #59 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

UPS: Saturday Delivery

I'd been told by friends that UPS didn't deliver on Saturdays, however, Sprint did tell me it would be shipped overnight. There's still hope we'll get it before it officially launches!!!
sixshooterz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sixshooterz For This Useful Post:
BanterandRant (July 29th, 2011)
Old July 28th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lansing MI
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Interesting, I just checked my order status. My holster shows a tracking number and that it has an "origin scan" of Loisville KY @11:37pm and a delivery date of Friday before 3pm, while the phone still shows that the order is being processed. Funny though the shipping weight is 1.4lbs, seems kinda heavy for a holster doesn't it? Anyone know if they usually send out the accessories purchased at the same time with the phone?

Craig
1kwik72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 28th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #61 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kwik72 View Post
Interesting, I just checked my order status. My holster shows a tracking number and that it has an "origin scan" of Loisville KY @11:37pm and a delivery date of Friday before 3pm, while the phone still shows that the order is being processed. Funny though the shipping weight is 1.4lbs, seems kinda heavy for a holster doesn't it? Anyone know if they usually send out the accessories purchased at the same time with the phone?

Craig

EXACT same thing here. Got a case that has a tracking number and delivery for Friday by 3pm but no tracking number for the phone. I would imagine the phone is with it. That Sprint ordering site is flaky to say the least.
aaron130 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:20 AM   #62 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BanterandRant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): Palm Pre, nook color, Motorola Photon-FTW!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
todd.kennelly
Default

Me three! Boy, I'll be soooo pissed if I get the holster today and not the phone! ;-)

I really hope the phone shipped with the holster.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
EXACT same thing here. Got a case that has a tracking number and delivery for Friday by 3pm but no tracking number for the phone. I would imagine the phone is with it. That Sprint ordering site is flaky to say the least.
BanterandRant is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #63 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lansing MI
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Checked again this morning still no update on the phone. I do see updates to the tracking number on the holster. It is "on vehicle out for delivery" as of 6:52am They definetly shipped via air as it made it from KY to MI in a couple hours according to the tracking data. I am optomistic that the Phone will be with the holster because of the shipping weight. It also would seem kind of funny to next day air accessories for a phone that didn't ship on time. But thats just me thinking logically & like so many others on these and other boards have said, the whole early buy process isnt very well implemented.

Craig
1kwik72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #64 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Tech illiterate here, so there was probably a better way to order it, but I called Sprint and ordered it yesterday before noon. This morning it says my order is still being processed. I probably won't get it until mid next week knowing my luck
OLDnSIMPLE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #65 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kwik72 View Post
Checked again this morning still no update on the phone. I do see updates to the tracking number on the holster. It is "on vehicle out for delivery" as of 6:52am They definetly shipped via air as it made it from KY to MI in a couple hours according to the tracking data. I am optomistic that the Phone will be with the holster because of the shipping weight. It also would seem kind of funny to next day air accessories for a phone that didn't ship on time. But thats just me thinking logically & like so many others on these and other boards have said, the whole early buy process isnt very well implemented.

Craig
EXACT same thing here man!!! If it is ONLY the case getting sent next day air thats kinda stupid!! And its 1.30lbs. I am not sure what a case weighs, or a phone for that matter. A case has only gotta be ounces right?
aaron130 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #66 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Glod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington DC Area (Fairfax)
Posts: 37
 
Device(s): Photon 4G "mo-pho"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
philipglod
Default

I am getting impatient on the order status........24 hours after ordering without any status is really starting to eat at me for a purchase like this.

Although many people here are saying it will come next day like the 3vo, I am keeping my expectations low now.
Glod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #67 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,988
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,202
Thanked 4,634 Times in 1,729 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

what the hell, did everyone also do the same thing and ordered a holster with the phone. lol

I too have a tracking # for the holster but not the 2 phones. yet the package is 2.30 lbs according to UPMS.

Just remember folks the holster is made of lead so naturally its going to be heavy.

I kid I kid,
Most likely everything is in one box (being that much in weight) but I'm afraid that they will not leave it at the front door. Because UPMS has a habit of sticking the slip on the door and not even knocking and returning packages to the holding bin. Plus its slightly raining here in NYC right now and my mother in law is out on an appt so no one is home. I'll be pretty pee'd if they take it back to the holding bin.

TS out
twospirits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Godfather13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 269
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 73 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glod View Post
I am getting impatient on the order status........24 hours after ordering without any status is really starting to eat at me for a purchase like this.

Although many people here are saying it will come next day like the 3vo, I am keeping my expectations low now.
There is someone on the Sprint forum already saying they've received their phone and their status still shows processing. So I wouldnt worry so much about the status. Just wait for the UPS truck to run. And if it doesnt stop at your place then call Sprints ordering status line and have them track it for you. Maybe its at a local wharehouse where you can pick it up late Friday night.
__________________
Sprint Motorola Photon 4G
Godfather13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather13 For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (July 29th, 2011)
Old July 29th, 2011, 10:02 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Godfather13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 269
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 73 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
what the hell, did everyone also do the same thing and ordered a holster with the phone. lol

I too have a tracking # for the holster but not the 2 phones. yet the package is 2.30 lbs according to UPMS.

TS out
Ha. I purposely didnt order any accessories because I figured with my luck the accessory I wanted would be out of stock and they would just hold my entire shipment until it was complete. So I just ordered the phone by itself. I did so at 8am. My status still shows processing. UPS runs here at 2pm everyday. Ill be waiting.
Godfather13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:10 AM   #70 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Glod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington DC Area (Fairfax)
Posts: 37
 
Device(s): Photon 4G "mo-pho"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
philipglod
Default

bah UPS runs late here most of the time even for next day. I work from home most the time so Ill be here waiting! Even if everyone is right (and apparently those like godfather already got theirs) It is unacceptable of sprint to do this; this is the age of automation and information systems and I shouldn't have to call for everything like im ordering from home shopping network or some lame ####. I am lazy sometimes because I already spend half my life on the phone for work.

whatever I needed to get that out of my system

*crossing fingers*
Glod is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Godfather13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 269
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 73 Times in 52 Posts
Default

UPS just dropped my Photon off 15 min ago. My status still says processing. So that confirms the accuracy of Sprints system.
Godfather13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather13 For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (July 29th, 2011)
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #72 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,988
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,202
Thanked 4,634 Times in 1,729 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather13 View Post
UPS just dropped my Photon off 15 min ago. My status still says processing. So that confirms the accuracy of Sprints system.
images or ban

kidding about the ban, but images, I need my image fix.

TS
twospirits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #73 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BanterandRant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): Palm Pre, nook color, Motorola Photon-FTW!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 23
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
todd.kennelly
Default

You "power brokers" are all the same.... lol I'll just say: "pics or it didn't happen!" ;-)




Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
images or ban

kidding about the ban, but images, I need my image fix.

TS
BanterandRant is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #74 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,288
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather13 View Post
UPS just dropped my Photon off 15 min ago. My status still says processing. So that confirms the accuracy of Sprints system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
images or ban

kidding about the ban, but images, I need my image fix.

TS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanterandRant View Post
You "power brokers" are all the same.... lol I'll just say: "pics or it didn't happen!" ;-)
Maybe pics, or post will be deleted?...LOL j/k (bout the deletion part).
__________________
Love the G-Note series!
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #75 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default Anyone want to buy an EVO4G?

Should have my Photon Monday
krlseidl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #76 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,988
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,202
Thanked 4,634 Times in 1,729 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

hey what can I say. i wouldn't ask of anyone what i wouldn't do myself, therefore I'll be posting pics up in a few minutes of my newly arrived Photon in the other thread. woo hoo

TS out
twospirits is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twospirits For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (July 29th, 2011)
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #77 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Can we cancel our orders if they don't ship out today?
ScrapMaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola Photon 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Sprint and Motorola have teamed up to bring us the Motorola Photon 4G, the carrier's first international handset with Android. It's a 4.3 inch powerhouse with its dual-core Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and more. ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Photon 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.