August 5th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Originally Posted by mortalic
ok, where did you place the ringtone directory, and what type of files were in it?
Easiest way to set this up for your current phone and future android phones is follow the following steps:
1) Connect phone to your PC/CPU (make sure the phone is identified as a USB drive)
2) Open File Explorer
3) Click on Drive identifying the External SD card
4) In the Main directory, create a sub-folder named "media"
5) Go into the new "media" folder you created
6) Create sub-folder named "ringtones"
7) Drag and drop OR Copy and paste any and all mp3 or ogg files that you want to use as ringtones (Don't really know what an ogg file is, but that was the name of the sound files that I got from some of the soundboard apps available for download through the market).
After you've created all those folders, you'll no longer need to re-create those ever again. Any additional ringtones you want to add, you can just copy and paste (or drag and drop) into the ringtones folder you created. All you need to do is keep those folders in your microSD card for your future phones and it will work fine.
-EDIT- Additional note. If you want custom "alerts," create a sub-folder in the media sub-folder named "alerts." Copy and paste any mp3's or ogg's that you want to use and those will show up available on your phone.
Love the G-Note series!
Last edited by drexappeal; February 22nd, 2013 at 08:18 PM.