Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Photon 4G

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
khaag27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 298
 
Device(s): Moto Photon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default making wallpaper not blurry?

Is there a way to make it so when I add a wallpaper its not so big and blurry on the phone? Even if I add a picture it makes it huge and zoomed in.

Thanks

Advertisements
khaag27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,952
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,374
Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,900 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaag27 View Post
Is there a way to make it so when I add a wallpaper its not so big and blurry on the phone? Even if I add a picture it makes it huge and zoomed in.

Thanks
You have to make sure it's the correct size to match the Photon's resolution. The size of most of my pics from my EVO 4G were 960X800. Thing is, those don't seem to be "exactly" perfect fit, so I've been experimenting to see what the proper size should be.
__________________
Love the G-Note series!
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
khaag27 (August 16th, 2011)
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
khaag27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 298
 
Device(s): Moto Photon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
You have to make sure it's the correct size to match the Photon's resolution. The size of most of my pics from my EVO 4G were 960X800. Thing is, those don't seem to be "exactly" perfect fit, so I've been experimenting to see what the proper size should be.
Thanks, I actually found a pretty good app that lets me set my wallpaper as scrollable so its not blurry
khaag27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Godfather13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 269
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 73 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaag27 View Post
Thanks, I actually found a pretty good app that lets me set my wallpaper as scrollable so its not blurry
Please share. Every pic Ive downloaded and set as wallpaper is blurry as hell. I need help.
__________________
Sprint Motorola Photon 4G
Godfather13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
khaag27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 298
 
Device(s): Moto Photon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather13 View Post
Please share. Every pic Ive downloaded and set as wallpaper is blurry as hell. I need help.
Here you go, https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ogqcorp.backgrounds&hl=en

I haven't found anything to do this with regular pictures but I think they have a pretty good selection of wallpapers.
khaag27 is offline  
Last edited by khaag27; August 16th, 2011 at 05:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khaag27 For This Useful Post:
Citizen Coyote (August 17th, 2011), Godfather13 (August 16th, 2011)
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Godfather13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 269
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 52
Thanked 73 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaag27 View Post
Here you go, https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ogqcorp.backgrounds&hl=en

I haven't found anything to do this with regular pictures but I think they have a pretty good selection of wallpapers.
Grazie!
Godfather13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 33
 
Device(s): Sprint Moto Photon 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Cool 1080 x 960 seems to be qHD standard background

1080 x 960 seems to be qHD standard background size. I used a PC resampler/resizer program (Ifranview is a freeware one I use) to change some background images to this resolution and it seems to work well.

I just moved them to the Photon via the USB cable.

Settings/display/Wallpaper settings/gallery found them.

One of the odd things is that when you select an immage to use as a background, the select box frame does NOT select the entire image even if it is the proper resolution. I just touched the select and dragged the corners out to select the entire image and touch the "save" button. If you touch the selection frame just right it will get circles with arrows in them to be able to re-size it.

This would give you the best image use.
A strange bug thing is that sometimes when resizing the selection frame, it would do something strange and zoom way in. I would just hit the discard button and start over.


By the way Ifranview has many options under "color corrections" to make the image brighter or darker or to shift colors to personalize you image too.

XDA forum for the Atrix and the photon had a thread about background images, and had dozens already re-sized for qHD and ready to download.
McLogan is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McLogan For This Useful Post:
Citizen Coyote (August 17th, 2011), drexappeal (August 16th, 2011)
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,952
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,374
Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,900 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLogan View Post
1080 x 960 seems to be qHD standard background size. I used a PC resampler/resizer program (Ifranview is a freeware one I use) to change some background images to this resolution and it seems to work well.

I just moved them to the Photon via the USB cable.

Settings/display/Wallpaper settings/gallery found them.

One of the odd things is that when you select an immage to use as a background, the select box frame does NOT select the entire image even if it is the proper resolution. I just touched the select and dragged the corners out to select the entire image and touch the "save" button. If you touch the selection frame just right it will get circles with arrows in them to be able to re-size it.

This would give you the best image use.
A strange bug thing is that sometimes when resizing the selection frame, it would do something strange and zoom way in. I would just hit the discard button and start over.


By the way Ifranview has many options under "color corrections" to make the image brighter or darker or to shift colors to personalize you image too.

XDA forum for the Atrix and the photon had a thread about background images, and had dozens already re-sized for qHD and ready to download.
There it is. 1080X960 is perfect! Thanks for sharing that info!

-EDIT- Now I'm going to have to do a lot of re-sizing of wallpapers...again. I had done it for the EVO thinking I'd be keeping the same size format for a while...LOL...Oh well.
drexappeal is online now  
Last edited by drexappeal; August 16th, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola Photon 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Sprint and Motorola have teamed up to bring us the Motorola Photon 4G, the carrier's first international handset with Android. It's a 4.3 inch powerhouse with its dual-core Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and more. ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Photon 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.