Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Why is everyone so quick to get a replacement?

I have seen in the forums that a lot of people are getting replacements, sometimes for pointless things. I have the slight light leak on the sides, maybe even the blue tint I can't tell, but I am not about to get a replacement for it. Is there something I am missing? Is there some magical thing from the replacements.

Also I keep seeing in the forums that people have "stock screen protectors", does the phone come with one on it? If so I would like to know because my screen already has a 1mm long scratch that is driving me CRAZY!

jagris is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Daleks Über Alles
 
agentc13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Skaro
Posts: 7,839
 
Device(s): HTC One S, Kindle Fire
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 4,106
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,789 Posts
Default

I have never replaced my phone, so I don't know.

But there is a screen protector (besides the one with the pull off tab) that came stock.
agentc13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Whyzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,084
 
Device(s): LG Optimus F6 (unlocked, rooted, & debloated)
Carrier: Lyca, Ptel, AirVoice

Thanks: 217
Thanked 953 Times in 317 Posts
Default

There are many quality control issues with this phone, some of them are just software with the stock ROM, others are hardware. When people pay $250+ for a phone they have an expectation that it be almost perfect.

I have the light leak, green blob camera, slow GPS problem, and maybe some touchscreen reliability issues, and will keep the phone for now. But if the charging port goes bad, or some other already reported problem develops, I will be replacing it too. Companies don't respond to customers until they're financially hit, and getting replacements is a way to send that message.
Whyzor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyzor View Post
There are many quality control issues with this phone, some of them are just software with the stock ROM, others are hardware. When people pay $250+ for a phone they have an expectation that it be almost perfect.

I have the light leak, green blob camera, slow GPS problem, and maybe some touchscreen reliability issues, and will keep the phone for now. But if the charging port goes bad, or some other already reported problem develops, I will be replacing it too. Companies don't respond to customers until they're financially hit, and getting replacements is a way to send that message.
Thank you very much.
Also how can you take off the stock protector?
jagris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Daleks Über Alles
 
agentc13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Skaro
Posts: 7,839
 
Device(s): HTC One S, Kindle Fire
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 4,106
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,789 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagris View Post
Thank you very much.
Also how can you take off the stock protector?

I just pulled it off. Got a corner up with my fingernail, and pulled it off.
agentc13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 519
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 43 Times in 31 Posts
Default

I returned mine (one time) becasue the mic didnt work - nobody could hear me.

However, for "light leak" issues etc, I would not return the phone. Its a heck of a device for the money and a low monthly bill.

I really like this phone and installing MIUI has made it a phone that I believe is better than any iPhone. Pre-MT, I would have loved an iPhone. Not anymore as MT + MIUI = Bliss
magohn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I am having a problem getting it off, I am just destroying my nails.
jagris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Daleks Über Alles
 
agentc13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Skaro
Posts: 7,839
 
Device(s): HTC One S, Kindle Fire
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 4,106
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,789 Posts
Default

Can you see where the edge/corners are?
I assume so, just making sure.
agentc13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I can see it at the top by the speaker grill. I wouldn't even know it was there if it wasn't for the forums.
jagris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 432
 
Device(s): Optimus V, Motorola Triumph, Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 28
Thanked 111 Times in 80 Posts
Default

the phone is two screen protectors, one has a pull tab that is designed to protect the phone in packaging, meant to be removed by the user, it wasnt designed for day to day use, thats why it has a pull tab.

the other is very sneaky, you wouldnt know its there unless your looking for it at the edges of the glass. it affects touch sensitivity. you can remove it if your determined. have to peck away at the corner, then peel it.

its kind of thick and once you got a corner off, get the whole thing off becuase it will never, ever go back down. be careful pulling it off, it sticks to the screen pretty good, and even though the gorilla glass can bend a bit, the rest of the phone is plastic, so dont just yank the thing, work at it slowly until its completely off, then clean the actual glass with alcohol or windex, it will seem sticky at first but will condition to the oils of your fingers during use and smooth up nicely.

I've been running on just the gorilla glass alone since day 1 and its been fine, but if your really worried, put a screen protector on, any aftermarket protector is going to be thinner than that nasty thick one you just peeled off, so it wont affect touch sensitivity like the stock one does.
shmackshmack is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shmackshmack For This Useful Post:
jagris (December 22nd, 2011)
sponsored links
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks a lot! I gave up on using my finger though, pulled out my plastic phone tool, the one that you use to take them apart, and took it off. That thing was hard as hell to get off. Sensitivity is so nice now, thanks guys.
jagris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 258
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 46
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Default

I replaced my original one because it had a dead pixel and the light bleed that literally cast a ray of light onto the screen which isn't acceptable to me, light bleed is a pet peeve of mine. I'm glad you can live with it. The replacement I received doesn't have the light leakage and stuff looks so much better, but it tells you its a defect.
TriumphLance is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 31
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphLance View Post
I replaced my original one because it had a dead pixel and the light bleed that literally cast a ray of light onto the screen which isn't acceptable to me, light bleed is a pet peeve of mine. I'm glad you can live with it. The replacement I received doesn't have the light leakage and stuff looks so much better, but it tells you its a defect.
I don't notice the light bleed, but I am also extremely color blind.
jagris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 45
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagris View Post
I have seen in the forums that a lot of people are getting replacements, sometimes for pointless things. I have the slight light leak on the sides, maybe even the blue tint I can't tell, but I am not about to get a replacement for it. Is there something I am missing? Is there some magical thing from the replacements.

Also I keep seeing in the forums that people have "stock screen protectors", does the phone come with one on it? If so I would like to know because my screen already has a 1mm long scratch that is driving me CRAZY!
because i paid for a new phone without problems and they will nextday ship me one after just a simple email? why would i not get my poorly built phone replaced?
NewUser0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Motorola Triumph
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Triumph for Virgin Mobile sports a 4.1-inch screen on a super thin .4-inch body. With a 5MP camera that shoots HD video, a VGA front-facing camera, and HDMI-out, the Triumph offers a great set of features for Virgin Mobile customers ea... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.