Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djjaytee

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Gender: Female
Posts: 864
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Logitech Revue, Motorola Triumph (CM9 ICS ROM) [retired]
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 182
Thanked 125 Times in 104 Posts
Default Garbled music playback

Problem appeared very suddenly today, and rebooting didn't help. I tried multiple tracks in my music collection in both Rocket Player (my preferred app) and Music, and got the same results. Ringtones sounded fine played via settings, so I think I can rule out hardware.

Right now, I'm wiping out the iSyncr directory and will re-sync from iTunes. If that doesn't solve it, what next?

Seanette is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokens210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
Gender: Male
Posts: 826
 
Device(s): Moto Triumph MTDEV-CM7-20130303(Retired), Samsung Galaxy S3 Running CM11-20140317
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 104
Thanked 180 Times in 156 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
Problem appeared very suddenly today, and rebooting didn't help. I tried multiple tracks in my music collection in both Rocket Player (my preferred app) and Music, and got the same results. Ringtones sounded fine played via settings, so I think I can rule out hardware.

Right now, I'm wiping out the iSyncr directory and will re-sync from iTunes. If that doesn't solve it, what next?
I would personally guess its either the music player ur using, or I also believe I read that a different user had that issue and formatting the SD card reportedly fixed it

I would say if resyncing and such down work

Try a different music app, if that doesn't work

Hook the SD card up to you PC, whichever way you do, and copy everything from the SD
card, like a backup, then reformat the SD card, and best bet I think would be to not use any of the files you copied from the SD before format, copy the music fresh to the SD from the source after the format

If all else fails I think reformat should fix it


Note: in case u needed to know format to fat32
Tokens210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Gender: Female
Posts: 864
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Logitech Revue, Motorola Triumph (CM9 ICS ROM) [retired]
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 182
Thanked 125 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokens210 View Post
I would personally guess its either the music player ur using, or I also believe I read that a different user had that issue and formatting the SD card reportedly fixed it

I would say if resyncing and such down work

Try a different music app, if that doesn't work

Hook the SD card up to you PC, whichever way you do, and copy everything from the SD
card, like a backup, then reformat the SD card, and best bet I think would be to not use any of the files you copied from the SD before format, copy the music fresh to the SD from the source after the format

If all else fails I think reformat should fix it


Note: in case u needed to know format to fat32
The built-in music app had the garbling issue too. I wiped out the music files and re-loaded. At this point, my normally quite dependable player (Rocket Player) wasn't going to admit I had any music files on that SD card. I've deleted Rocket, backed up the card, it's right now formatting, and I'll copy everything else back, then re-install the player and re-sync from iTunes (by way of iSyncr). Rocket/iSyncr has been working fine for me for months, and the failure mode went from normal playback to garbling very suddenly.
Seanette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokens210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
Gender: Male
Posts: 826
 
Device(s): Moto Triumph MTDEV-CM7-20130303(Retired), Samsung Galaxy S3 Running CM11-20140317
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 104
Thanked 180 Times in 156 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
The built-in music app had the garbling issue too. I wiped out the music files and re-loaded. At this point, my normally quite dependable player (Rocket Player) wasn't going to admit I had any music files on that SD card. I've deleted Rocket, backed up the card, it's right now formatting, and I'll copy everything else back, then re-install the player and re-sync from iTunes (by way of iSyncr). Rocket/iSyncr has been working fine for me for months, and the failure mode went from normal playback to garbling very suddenly.
Since u removed the music and once you replaced it it claimed there was no music there makes me think further that it was an SD card issue
Tokens210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
djjaytee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 69
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Could it be the iTunes sync? If your ringtones work fine I would think it's a sync issue.. are songs stored locally playing ok? Maybe try to up a couple songs to Google play and use the play app to listen.. process of elimination is fun lol
djjaytee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokens210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
Gender: Male
Posts: 826
 
Device(s): Moto Triumph MTDEV-CM7-20130303(Retired), Samsung Galaxy S3 Running CM11-20140317
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 104
Thanked 180 Times in 156 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjaytee View Post
Could it be the iTunes sync? If your ringtones work fine I would think it's a sync issue.. are songs stored locally playing ok? Maybe try to up a couple songs to Google play and use the play app to listen.. process of elimination is fun lol

that was going to be my next suggestion if formatting the sd card didnt work

itunes always like to give me trouble


but im really hoping formatting the sd will fix it, ive seen many many other users have issues exactly like this, or similar to this and formatting fixed it for them
Tokens210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
djjaytee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 69
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Well I'm sure Apple tries reeeaaaal hard to solve compatibility issues with android devices
buzzcon likes this.
djjaytee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Gender: Female
Posts: 864
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Logitech Revue, Motorola Triumph (CM9 ICS ROM) [retired]
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 182
Thanked 125 Times in 104 Posts
Default

I did the format/reload thing. Seems to have worked.
Seanette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Resident Slide Rule Guru
 
OverByter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,998
 
Device(s): HTC Evo V 4G,Triumph CM7 TG=Reloaded, Intercept UD6, HTC Wildfire S HBOOT Unlocked w/s-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 403
Thanked 918 Times in 656 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to OverByter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
I did the format/reload thing. Seems to have worked.
Glad you got it fixed, slightly off topic but instead of Rocket Player give Power Amp a go, imho it's the best Android player by far and well worth the money after the trial period ends.
OverByter is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Ken2Chill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 121
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
http://db.tt/GNXt67PX
Default

Try Soundbest Music Player. If it's not.on Google play, it's definitely on Black Mart.
Ken2Chill is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply

Motorola Triumph
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Motorola Triumph for Virgin Mobile sports a 4.1-inch screen on a super thin .4-inch body. With a 5MP camera that shoots HD video, a VGA front-facing camera, and HDMI-out, the Triumph offers a great set of features for Virgin Mobile customers ea... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.