Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Motorola XOOM

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree2Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 404
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Default

rjourdrey. what is the calendar widget there?

Germwise is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 11th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #102 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rjoudrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,440
 
Device(s): Droid X, Leaked 2.2. Xoom with 70 apps that work.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germwise View Post
rjourdrey. what is the calendar widget there?
It is the stock honeycomb resized with LPP.
__________________
We are Android! We make things work.
rjoudrey is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjoudrey For This Useful Post:
xxraffyxx (March 23rd, 2011)
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #103 (permalink)
GOBLUE!
 
gobluejd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,786
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 441
Thanked 636 Times in 338 Posts
gobluejd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjoudrey View Post
It is the stock honeycomb resized with LPP.

Did you read first post?
__________________
Back to a plain user
gobluejd is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gobluejd For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #104 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rjoudrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,440
 
Device(s): Droid X, Leaked 2.2. Xoom with 70 apps that work.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluejd View Post
Did you read first post?
What would you like me to do?
rjoudrey is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjoudrey For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #105 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bcltoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Gender: Male
Posts: 656
 
Device(s): Moto X
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 130
Thanked 135 Times in 112 Posts
Default Custom pic's.

Can I place picture's that take up the whole screen and use that as wallpaper like I can on my droid x.
bcltoys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #106 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tech Addiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 856
 
Device(s): hTC ThunderBolt VZW, Droid Incredible VZW, Samsung Tab T-Mob, Moto Xoom VZW
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 160
Thanked 136 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
Can I place picture's that take up the whole screen and use that as wallpaper like I can on my droid x.
You can use a picture as wallpaper if that's what you are asking.
Tech Addiction is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tech Addiction For This Useful Post:
bcltoys (March 11th, 2011), marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 11th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #107 (permalink)
GOBLUE!
 
gobluejd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,786
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 441
Thanked 636 Times in 338 Posts
gobluejd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjoudrey View Post
What would you like me to do?
Something along the lines of this.

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/70829-lets-see-your-incredible-layout-pun-intended-57.html#post2386024

You have an awesome setup, there will be people coming here that have never owned an Android device and will be asking what stuff is (or have android and never seen).

That's all, just trying to get this thread organized.

An example is that I am pretty knowledgeable (like to think i am) of apps for android. My first ? would be, what it the app with the EQ, I have never seen it before.? <---
gobluejd is offline  
Last edited by gobluejd; March 11th, 2011 at 04:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gobluejd For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 11th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #108 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

almost there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0007.jpg (1.11 MB, 260 views)
Zykhan is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zykhan For This Useful Post:
ORD84 (August 8th, 2011), Tech Addiction (March 12th, 2011)
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ghoticov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 55 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zykhan View Post
almost there
Looks great!
ghoticov is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ghoticov For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 11th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #110 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
Looks great!

unable to do it without your help. Thx
Zykhan is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zykhan For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
sponsored links
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #111 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ghoticov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 55 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zykhan View Post
unable to do it without your help. Thx
No problem man!
ghoticov is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ghoticov For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 12th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #112 (permalink)
New Member
 
kennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): droid x (liberty_v1.5), xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
kennell
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
MT is very buggy and seems to works at time and other times it doesn't. Good news is, once you get it to work it stays.

Try creating the widget on a blank desktop (not where your other widgets are) and then dragging them, once created, to your main desktop. That worked for me.
I contacted the developer of MT...apparantly there is an "ok" botton on the settings screen that isn't showing up on my xoom. He told me, however, that after saving your settings, pressing the back button (instead of the home button) will store your settings as well. I finally got it to work!

This should work as a temporary fix until he is able to update for the xoom.
kennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kennell For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011), Tech Addiction (March 12th, 2011)
Old March 12th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #113 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ghoticov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 55 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennell View Post
I contacted the developer of MT...apparantly there is an "ok" botton on the settings screen that isn't showing up on my xoom. He told me, however, that after saving your settings, pressing the back button (instead of the home button) will store your settings as well. I finally got it to work!

This should work as a temporary fix until he is able to update for the xoom.
Ahhhhhh good call. I always used my back button so maybe thst is why they showed up. Good job pointing it out for everyone. Use the back button after creating the widget, not the home button.
ghoticov is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghoticov For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011), Tech Addiction (March 12th, 2011)
Old March 12th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #114 (permalink)
New Member
 
kennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): droid x (liberty_v1.5), xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
kennell
Default Finally got MT to work...so here's what I got.

Please excuse the poor photo. Inspired by ghoticov's awesome desktop...



I used the blue wallpaper instead and am using the apps organizer widget with icons downloaded with the launcherpro icon app. The MT widget is finally up and running and have a beautiful widgets wifi toggle and the 3g watchdog widget up in the right-hand corner. Thanks to ghoticov for his help!

Oh, and I didn't use CircularLauncher...it was just too small as it's still designed for phones. I put in a request with the developer to add an option to adjust the diameter of the circular launcher so that it will better fit tablet screens.
kennell is offline  
Last edited by kennell; March 12th, 2011 at 01:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kennell For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011), Tech Addiction (March 12th, 2011)
Old March 12th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #115 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Is there a way to add apps to the launcher? So far I have just been making new widgets when I d/l something
Zykhan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #116 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zykhan View Post
Is there a way to add apps to the launcher? So far I have just been making new widgets when I d/l something
Long pressing the middle of the launcher brings up the settings screen.
RobN17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #117 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tech Addiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 856
 
Device(s): hTC ThunderBolt VZW, Droid Incredible VZW, Samsung Tab T-Mob, Moto Xoom VZW
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 160
Thanked 136 Times in 101 Posts
Default

We really need to get these developers working on a screen capture app that works for the Xoom. SDK is so Windows 3.1.1. LMAO
Tech Addiction is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #118 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ghoticov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 55 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennell View Post
Please excuse the poor photo. Inspired by ghoticov's awesome desktop...



I used the blue wallpaper instead and am using the apps organizer widget with icons downloaded with the launcherpro icon app. The MT widget is finally up and running and have a beautiful widgets wifi toggle and the 3g watchdog widget up in the right-hand corner. Thanks to ghoticov for his help!

Oh, and I didn't use CircularLauncher...it was just too small as it's still designed for phones. I put in a request with the developer to add an option to adjust the diameter of the circular launcher so that it will better fit tablet screens.
Very cool man, looks great!
ghoticov is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ghoticov For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 13th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #119 (permalink)
New Member
 
kennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): droid x (liberty_v1.5), xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
kennell
Default

Update: The next release of CircleLauncher will have a "growing" circle so that you can add more than 9 apps (per the developer). Honeycomb will only be supported as beta for now though because he doesn't yet have a Honeycomb device to test with...
kennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kennell For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 13th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #120 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

xoom.jpg

Here is my screen I like the live weather wallpaper it changes to snow, rain etc.
whippintegra is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 13th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #121 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ghoticov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 55 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennell View Post
Update: The next release of CircleLauncher will have a "growing" circle so that you can add more than 9 apps (per the developer). Honeycomb will only be supported as beta for now though because he doesn't yet have a Honeycomb device to test with...
Cool, thanks for the info!
ghoticov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #122 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

ghoticov : you have a greate taste for art. Also, thx for sharing the link for wallpaper web
HM1B is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HM1B For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #123 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ghoticov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 55 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM1B View Post
ghoticov : you have a greate taste for art. Also, thx for sharing the link for wallpaper web
Thanks man and youre welcome!
ghoticov is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ghoticov For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 13th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #124 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennell View Post
Please excuse the poor photo. Inspired by ghoticov's awesome desktop...



I used the blue wallpaper instead and am using the apps organizer widget with icons downloaded with the launcherpro icon app. The MT widget is finally up and running and have a beautiful widgets wifi toggle and the 3g watchdog widget up in the right-hand corner. Thanks to ghoticov for his help!

Oh, and I didn't use CircularLauncher...it was just too small as it's still designed for phones. I put in a request with the developer to add an option to adjust the diameter of the circular launcher so that it will better fit tablet screens.
how were you able to change the icons? I have launcherpro icons, but how would i change out the default icons for the launcherpro icons in honeycomb?
aohus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:10 AM   #125 (permalink)
New Member
 
kennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): droid x (liberty_v1.5), xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
kennell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohus View Post
how were you able to change the icons? I have launcherpro icons, but how would i change out the default icons for the launcherpro icons in honeycomb?
I used Desktop Visualizer for that. Ghoticov provided a link earlier in this thread to where you can download it and side install using Astro file manager (it won't show up in market for honeycomb devices yet). It's pretty straight forward once you get the app installed...let me know if you have any issues.
kennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Default

  • SwitchPro
  • Desktop Visualizer (to change stock icons and remove icon labels)
  • LauncherPro Icons (for the icons)
aohus is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aohus For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011), nhlpreds98 (March 15th, 2011)
Old March 14th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #127 (permalink)
GOBLUE!
 
gobluejd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,786
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 441
Thanked 636 Times in 338 Posts
gobluejd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohus View Post
[LIST][*]SwitchPro
How did you get switch pro to load. Does not show up in market for me. Did you side load?
gobluejd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 165
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluejd View Post
How did you get switch pro to load. Does not show up in market for me. Did you side load?
i installed the apk manually. is that what you mean by side loading? i didn't install it via marketplace.
aohus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #129 (permalink)
GOBLUE!
 
gobluejd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 1,786
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 441
Thanked 636 Times in 338 Posts
gobluejd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohus View Post
i installed the apk manually. is that what you mean by side loading? i didn't install it via marketplace.

Yes. That is what it means. Thanks.
gobluejd is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gobluejd For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 1st, 2011)
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:43 AM   #130 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennell View Post
I used Desktop Visualizer for that. Ghoticov provided a link earlier in this thread to where you can download it and side install using Astro file manager (it won't show up in market for honeycomb devices yet). It's pretty straight forward once you get the app installed...let me know if you have any issues.
The next version of LauncherPro Icons will be easier to use. The killer feature is that you don't have to download to the gallery first anymore. You have the option of opening LPi instead of the gallery when you go to choose your icon from DV, LP or whatever. Then when you choose an icon, it downloads and applies in one step.

In the version after that, I'm considering offering the ability to make shortcuts right from LPi, eliminating the need for Desktop Visualizer. Would that be a useful addition?
jonfhancock is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #131 (permalink)
New Member
 
kennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): droid x (liberty_v1.5), xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
kennell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfhancock View Post
The next version of LauncherPro Icons will be easier to use. The killer feature is that you don't have to download to the gallery first anymore. You have the option of opening LPi instead of the gallery when you go to choose your icon from DV, LP or whatever. Then when you choose an icon, it downloads and applies in one step.

In the version after that, I'm considering offering the ability to make shortcuts right from LPi, eliminating the need for Desktop Visualizer. Would that be a useful addition?
I think it would. Thanks for the heads up!
kennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #132 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Anyone using circle launcher notice a lag on boot up with the launcher icons?
Zykhan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #133 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 66
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default

There's a working screenshot app for the xoom over on xda you have to register in order to download it here's the link to the thread it works great

[APP] [Root] Screenshot ER for Honeycomb - xda-developers
PaulG1488 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zykhan View Post
almost there
Are those word icons posted anywhere? Been lookin for some.
Woosh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #135 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
clb2196's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 654
 
Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Nexus Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 182 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zykhan View Post
Anyone using circle launcher notice a lag on boot up with the launcher icons?

When are you seeing the lag, exactly? I haven't noticed a problem.
clb2196 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #136 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 37
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

r any of u guys that have tons of widgets and stuff running noticing any performance issues? this was by no means scientific, but when i first got my xoom, i filled it up with like 15 widgets, and noticed SERIOUS issues (things like web pages taking EXTREEMLY long to load, lots of force closes on stable apps, and even a couple of freezes) and so i got rid of all but 2 widgets, and ALL those problems stopped imediatly. Its entirely possible that 1 or 2 of the widgets were the only ones responsible, but they were almost all system widgets w the exception of a few (seemingly stable) ones like cnn, and usa today. Any way, im sure ill start to add more slowly and test things out, but i was just wondering if any of u guys have noticed any issues w performance from running lots of stuff on ur homescreens.
leram84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #137 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennell View Post
Please excuse the poor photo. Inspired by ghoticov's awesome desktop...



I used the blue wallpaper instead and am using the apps organizer widget with icons downloaded with the launcherpro icon app. The MT widget is finally up and running and have a beautiful widgets wifi toggle and the 3g watchdog widget up in the right-hand corner. Thanks to ghoticov for his help!

Oh, and I didn't use CircularLauncher...it was just too small as it's still designed for phones. I put in a request with the developer to add an option to adjust the diameter of the circular launcher so that it will better fit tablet screens.
I have been all over that devianart link, and I can't find this blue one nor the original red one. What am i doing wrong?
EvoXOhio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 12:59 AM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Uncanny Valley
Posts: 167
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoXOhio View Post
I have been all over that devianart link, and I can't find this blue one nor the original red one. What am i doing wrong?
submicron's deviantART gallery -- blue
submicron's deviantART gallery -- red
submicron's deviantART gallery -- white

...as for what you are doing wrong, couldn't say.

look through his gallery... some GREAT stuff.

leaning towards this myself:
Bhelios is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:36 AM   #139 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelios View Post
submicron's deviantART gallery -- blue
submicron's deviantART gallery -- red
submicron's deviantART gallery -- white

...as for what you are doing wrong, couldn't say.

look through his gallery... some GREAT stuff.

leaning towards this myself:
looks like deviantart was giving me a neutered version of the site on my Xoom, probably the mobile version. On my computer I can now actually browse the gallery correctly and find it.

Thanks!
EvoXOhio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:59 PM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 176
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 93 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Here are my screens for now, didn't have much time to customize it but will when the weekend starts.








sh4o8kid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 1st, 2011, 03:21 PM   #141 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
Navigate to the picture and open it. Choose set picture as.. and then make sure the box around the pic is dragged all the way up and down to capture the whole pic... it's an Android thing.
I cannot seem to expand the box completely and therefore I end up with just the center of the wallpaper, but stretched over the entire screen. The box seems like it is trying to maintain aspect ratio and when it reaches the maximum height, it doesn't let me expand horizontally any more. I am using 1200x800, so it doesn't make any sense to me. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. New to Android, but dragging things with my fingers should still work. =)

Thanks for any insight into what I am missing.
Hunter70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 05:37 PM   #142 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ghoticov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 55 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Here is my set up now with BigDX's theme added. Once the clock is able to be modified (either white or red), I will be set.







ghoticov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:45 PM   #143 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 69
 
Device(s): SM N900V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
Here is my set up now with BigDX's theme added. Once the clock is able to be modified (either white or red), I will be set.







Here's my lockscreen and homescreen...nothing fancy, I like a "clean" screen.


lowboydrvr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #144 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ghoticov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 55 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowboydrvr View Post
Here's my lockscreen and homescreen...nothing fancy, I like a "clean" screen.


How did you get the lock screen wallpaper different than your main wallpaper? I cannot figure this out for the life of me! lol
ghoticov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #145 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 201
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Default

My Xoom.

rdillz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rdillz For This Useful Post:
nhlpreds98 (April 4th, 2011)
Old April 4th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #146 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 69
 
Device(s): SM N900V
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
How did you get the lock screen wallpaper different than your main wallpaper? I cannot figure this out for the life of me! lol
It is an option of WidgetLocker. On the lockscreen, tap the Menu button. Then select "Look & Feel", and then place the checkmark in "Alternative Wallpaper". After that, just click on "Select Wallpaper" to set whatever paper you want.
lowboydrvr is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lowboydrvr For This Useful Post:
ghoticov (April 4th, 2011)
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 395
 
Device(s): The Beast - Galaxy Sr, Toshiba Thrive
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 602
Thanked 392 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowboydrvr View Post
Here's my lockscreen and homescreen...nothing fancy, I like a "clean" screen.



I love the clean look and the different wallpaper for the lock screen. How do you get the icons to the far right edge? Are you using a launcher?
NCTurner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 412
 
Device(s): Droid Incredible (CM7) NookColor (CM7&HC) Zoom WiFi
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 46 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Wondering if anyone can help me out.

I have everything but the Internet, Games, etc folders setup. I've used circle launcher for a long time on my phone, so prefer to use that. I have no problem setting up a typical CL widget, but have no idea how to make one of these custom text based icons be the actual desktop icon. I've even tried using Minimalistic Text to create an icon that would then launch CL, but that did nothing but bring up a screen informing me how to use CL (directions on how to add a widget to the home screen). Also, I don't know how to reposition the location of where the Circle pops up (ideally centered on the screen, rather than centered over the icon.

To reiterate:

1: How do I assign a custom icon the Circle Launcher?

2: How do I designate where the cicprcle will open up to on the screen?

TIA
__________________
HTC Droid Incredible - CM7
B&N NookColor - Dualboot CM7/HC
Motorola Zoom WiFi - Tiamat v1.4.2
bgrutter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #149 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
ghoticov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 55 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowboydrvr View Post
It is an option of WidgetLocker. On the lockscreen, tap the Menu button. Then select "Look & Feel", and then place the checkmark in "Alternative Wallpaper". After that, just click on "Select Wallpaper" to set whatever paper you want.
Sweet! I am all over this!
ghoticov is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #150 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 367
 
Device(s): Nexus One, Xoom, G1 (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 107
Thanked 147 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrutter View Post
Wondering if anyone can help me out.

I have everything but the Internet, Games, etc folders setup. I've used circle launcher for a long time on my phone, so prefer to use that. I have no problem setting up a typical CL widget, but have no idea how to make one of these custom text based icons be the actual desktop icon. I've even tried using Minimalistic Text to create an icon that would then launch CL, but that did nothing but bring up a screen informing me how to use CL (directions on how to add a widget to the home screen). Also, I don't know how to reposition the location of where the Circle pops up (ideally centered on the screen, rather than centered over the icon.

To reiterate:

1: How do I assign a custom icon the Circle Launcher?

2: How do I designate where the cicprcle will open up to on the screen?

TIA
You have to have Circle Launcher pro to use custom icons. Get that, and you can set any icon you want (including a "picture" of words).
BiggestManEver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Motorola XOOM
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.