Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Motorola XOOM

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Future for potential Xoom owners??

I am wondering what is in store for the cool people who got xoom??

I just found out about ice cream sandwich, and it seems to be the update we have been waiting for!

I wanted to know what is the future outlook for xoom owners and what should we expect?? I ask this cause people are telling me that xoom isn't being the best sold product cause it is lacking things that it should have from day one!

I am just hoping we are going to see a wave of great apps that match/beat all of the top apple store apps. I personally love honeycomb, and I am sure when ice cream sandwich comes to xoom I will love it even more.

From what I can tell honeycomb will be a way for developers to start making great apps, that will later be ported to ice cream sandwich so when its in its release they have a bunch of great apps from the beginning!

Salt Slasher is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
jcash3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 294
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Slasher View Post
I am wondering what is in store for the cool people who got xoom??

I just found out about ice cream sandwich, and it seems to be the update we have been waiting for!

I wanted to know what is the future outlook for xoom owners and what should we expect?? I ask this cause people are telling me that xoom isn't being the best sold product cause it is lacking things that it should have from day one!

I am just hoping we are going to see a wave of great apps that match/beat all of the top apple store apps. I personally love honeycomb, and I am sure when ice cream sandwich comes to xoom I will love it even more.

From what I can tell honeycomb will be a way for developers to start making great apps, that will later be ported to ice cream sandwich so when its in its release they have a bunch of great apps from the beginning!
I don't know that we will see Ice Cream Sandwich, but I am looking forward to all of the Tegra games coming out in the next couple of months. Galaxy on Fire 2 looks great, as well as the jet ski game (can't remember what it is called) that reminds me of Wave Race 64. Also, I am really looking forward to a Netflix app, if it ever comes.
jcash3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BiGMERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,080
 
Device(s): Transformer Prime and GSM Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 273 Times in 208 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BiGMERF Send a message via Yahoo to BiGMERF Tainosolja@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcash3 View Post
I don't know that we will see Ice Cream Sandwich, but I am looking forward to all of the Tegra games coming out in the next couple of months. Galaxy on Fire 2 looks great, as well as the jet ski game (can't remember what it is called) that reminds me of Wave Race 64. Also, I am really looking forward to a Netflix app, if it ever comes.
i agree the games look sweet.. I want the train one.. it looks like hella fun
__________________
Twitter= BiGMERF
Google Plus = http://bit.ly/vfQSe8
BiGMERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
jcash3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 294
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGMERF View Post
i agree the games look sweet.. I want the train one.. it looks like hella fun
Really? I hope your joking or talking about a different game than the one I am thinking of...
jcash3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

From what I read it seemed that Ice Cream was going to get rid of the fragmentation, by making all phones and tablets upgradeable to it, which would make it a standard cross device android software.

I also think that the dual core tegra is plenty for me, but when the tegra 3 and 4 come, I might end up selling my current xoom to get the latest. Which Nvidia is set to have the chips ready by August/September, So were talking Q3 release, or atleast by Q4/Christmas.

I think the iOS is the same ol boring thing while the honeycomb upgrade was a dramitc difference and step in the right direction!
Salt Slasher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BiGMERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,080
 
Device(s): Transformer Prime and GSM Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 273 Times in 208 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BiGMERF Send a message via Yahoo to BiGMERF Tainosolja@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcash3 View Post
Really? I hope your joking or talking about a different game than the one I am thinking of...
yea, well not te kiddie one.. there is a new adult one coming in june
BiGMERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well to be safe I bought my Xoom at CostCo for its 90 day return policy meaning I got until August to return it, which I am going to do espeically if there is going to be a new a tegra 3 by the end of Q3. Mainly if there is Xoom 2 or something even better like from archos.

Quad core just with in the last couple years became standard use in desktops and now its on tablets, its just amazing. I really hope nvidia gets the chips ready for Android tablet builders, cause I want to see more!
Salt Slasher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rjoudrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,440
 
Device(s): Droid X, Leaked 2.2. Xoom with 70 apps that work.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Sorry to say it but I think the xoom will be pretty much obsolete in about a year. We have many tabs coming that are thinner, lighter, 2560 x 1600 resolution and quad core. You have to pay to play.

I guess I am not sorry but we are in the middle of a massive techno leap!
__________________
We are Android! We make things work.
rjoudrey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thats for sure, Kal El to Bruce is 5x, Bruce to Logan is est. 40x, and logan to stark is est 40x.

But your right, we are going to see the first wave of the future flagship tablets that will destroy everything apple has worked for. Thats why I have read about apples ipad 3 coming before christmas and that Xoom wants this asap, even if that means releasing Xoom 2 by September.

I personally think that Xoom will drop by the end of June, and by the end of Q3 the Xoom 2 will be here with all the goodies like you mentioned. For the iPad 3, if apple gets desparate and I assume they will if these specs and tegra 3 are in Honeycomb tablets by Q3 and even by the end of Q4!

I do like that honeycomb will be for tablets, cause once they situate the phone fragmentation, then they can do what apple does where you can either download ipad or iphone version, but with android you can either download honeycomb or ice cream sandwich versions!

I am glad nvidia is stepping on board, there help is going to help take down apples ipad.
Salt Slasher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
ghodzilla5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Posts: 262
 
Device(s): HTC EVO & WiFi Xoom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 105
Thanked 50 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Slasher View Post
Thats for sure, Kal El to Bruce is 5x, Bruce to Logan is est. 40x, and logan to stark is est 40x.

But your right, we are going to see the first wave of the future flagship tablets that will destroy everything apple has worked for. Thats why I have read about apples ipad 3 coming before christmas and that Xoom wants this asap, even if that means releasing Xoom 2 by September.

I personally think that Xoom will drop by the end of June, and by the end of Q3 the Xoom 2 will be here with all the goodies like you mentioned. For the iPad 3, if apple gets desparate and I assume they will if these specs and tegra 3 are in Honeycomb tablets by Q3 and even by the end of Q4!

I do like that honeycomb will be for tablets, cause once they situate the phone fragmentation, then they can do what apple does where you can either download ipad or iphone version, but with android you can either download honeycomb or ice cream sandwich versions!

I am glad nvidia is stepping on board, there help is going to help take down apples ipad.
WE original Xoom owners BETTER have a working Micro SD Card (before the Xoom 2 is released) or Moto can GOTO HELL!!!! I will NEVER buy their CRAP ever again.
ghodzilla5150 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 17th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have found reports that show that Tegra 3 aka Superman tablets will available by September and will start showing up in phones by Christmas/Q1 2012.

I really think that the Xoom was a mistake as far as releasing a half built machine for people to test it.

From what I read there are two possible outcomes.

Nvidia has said that motorola will be the first to tinker with the new Kal El chips. So either they are going to update the Xoom with Kal El that has 1440p and 2560x1440 and whatever else they add, or we are going to see a new motorola tablet that will have the Kal El chip, and some that there is a chance it will be a 7 incher.

I think they might release this newer tablet with a new name, to keep Xoom owners from getting extremely upset. Once this new tablet is out they will probably have a 10 and 7 inch version kinda like archos, and then later maybe by christmas, they will have Xoom 2.

I just think that sounds more likely, but I do think that honeycomb Motorola and Archos tablets with Kal El will stomp all over the iPad on account the iPads are lame.
Salt Slasher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Motorola XOOM
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.