[Q] Milestone xt701 not connecting to 3G need pro help!
Alright, this is the deal, I bought a Motorola XT701 from Amazon, international unlocked version which is supposed to work with HSDPA 850 MHz 3G radio, which is the one that Kolbi ICE (Costa Rican carrier) uses for their GSM 3G data same as AT&T, however, the phone doesn't seem to be recognizing the 3G network, it just displaying the "E" for EDGE at the top, I have seeing the G (GPRS) a couple of times, but I have never been able to get the 3G network to be recognized, this is what I have done:
* Went to Kolbi and activated the 3G data for my phone, confirmed they support this phone.
* After noticing that my phone was not connecting to the 3G network, I took out my SIM and stick it in a iphone 3G and worked like a charm it was super fast on the 3G network, I put it back in my phone and just connects to the EDGE network.
* Entered in the phone *#*#4636#*#*/ phone information and it says that: GPRS service: Connected, Network type: EDGE
* For the option to Set preferred network type: GSM auto (PRL) is the only option that seems to work right
* When I press the menu button under "phone information" screen I get one option that says "Select radio band" when I select this option I get a window poping up saying "Set GSM/UMTS band, I get many different options but the "Automatic" option is the only one that lets me select, all the other options (including USA Band) I get set [xxx Band] Unsuccessful
* I made sure that the option for "Use only 2G networks" is NOT checked
* Made sure APN settings are the right ones (Name: ice3g, APN: kolbi3g, MCC: 712 (preset), MNC: 01 (preset))
My phone is currently running 2.1 eclair and is rooted.
I DO NOT WHAT ELSE can it be done, if I take my SIM card and put it in another 3G phone works just fine that tells me that the problem is not with my provider, so I have the following questions:
How can I check which band is my phone using for data?
Is there a way to make my phone use the 850 MHz data 3G instead of others?
PLEASE HELP, I love the phone but I want to use the 3G data, if not possible I will have to get an iphone (not my first option).
Why do you not just return the phone to amazon and get a refund, get the phone somewhere where they sell what you really need? Knowing Amazon, their descriptions and specifications are not always 100% correct.
P.S. I rechecked all the specs for the phone and what Amazon sells and it would seem all fine, except:
Thank you for signing up to receive updates for the 152
An email has been dispatched to confirm your signup. Please click the link in the email.
Buy the Motorola XT701
Sign up for instant notification when the Motorola XT701 goes on sale!
The Motorola XT701, formerly known as the Sholes Tablet, is a super thing, keyboardless tablet available for the Chinese market.
Sporting Android 2.1, a 3.7 inch touchscreen, and a 5 megapixel camera with Xenon flash, this is definitely a cont... Read More