I was following THIS guide to over clocking my Mytouch 4g.How To: Overclock Your Perm Rooted / S-OFF T-Mobile MyTouch 4G or T-Mobile G2 | TheUnlockr
Heres what happened:
1) I am PERMA rooted and have gained S=Off
2) I am using a custom rom (Cyanogen)
1) I installed the overclocking kernel to my computer (Mac OS X)
2) I can get SetCPU later from 4shared DIRECTLY from my phone....(skipped)
3)Plugged in my phone to Mac OS X computor
4)Copied the kernel to the root of my SD card...o WAIT its not a zip file....
When I downloaded the kernel file to my computer it did not download as a .zip file....I tried to proceed but realized that it didn't copy to my phone as a .zip and therefore would NOT work. So what i did was I right clicked on the file and selected 'compress' which made it a .zip file and proceeded.
5)I ejected MyTouch 4g from computer and unplugged it.
6)I rebooted into recovery mode using Rom Manager
7)I backed up my ROM
8) selected install .zip from SD card and chose the kernel file which showed as -AnyKernel_eMMC 2.zip
It gave me this message:
--Installing: /sdcard/AnyKernel_eMMC 2.zip
Finding Update package...
Opening Update package...
This is where I stopped as the kernel refused to install. PLEASE HELP ME, Im ripping my hair out here >< THANK YOU in advance