Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10 > Nexus 10 - All Things Root

New Forums: Nexus 6 | Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Atma
  • 1 Post By Caveman419
  • 1 Post By Atma

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default 4.2.2 OTA Update

You can download it here. eaef14432ff5.signed-mantaray-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.eaef1443.zip MD5:ed637878ccba20ba9d44e62685ac67e9

You should be able to sideload it with the command; adb sideload eaef14432ff5.signed-mantaray-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.eaef1443.zip

I tried this morning and had no luck doing it that way. I had to go to work and didn't have much time to play around with it.

How to Set Up ADB / Fastboot with Android SDK for Any Andorid Device (Thanks clo821 for the link)

How to install JDQ39 for Rooted and Non-Rooted (Thanks Chrizzl3 for the link)
Caveman419 likes this.

Advertisements
Atma is offline  
Last edited by Atma; February 14th, 2013 at 08:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atma For This Useful Post:
Caveman419 (February 12th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caveman419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Last cave on the left
Gender: Male
Posts: 623
 
Device(s): Verizon GS4, Verizon Note2, Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony NSZ-GS7
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 326
Thanked 86 Times in 67 Posts
batradar73@gmail.com
Default

I could not load the newest ADB on my work machine so sideload did not work. I installed one of the Toolkits, temp flashed TWRP and flashed the update that way. Now I am back to stock with 4.2.2. Time to see if there are any improvements.
Atma likes this.
__________________
Current:
Verizon Note 2 - - - Verizon GNex - - - Galaxy Note 10.1 - - - Nexus 10

Retired:
4G Motorola XOOM - - - Moto Droid X (handed over to son) - - - OG Droid
Caveman419 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caveman419 For This Useful Post:
Atma (February 12th, 2013)
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman419 View Post
I could not load the newest ADB on my work machine so sideload did not work. I installed one of the Toolkits, temp flashed TWRP and flashed the update that way. Now I am back to stock with 4.2.2. Time to see if there are any improvements.

Thanks, that's good to know. I was going to try TWRP when I get home from work.
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Caveman419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Last cave on the left
Gender: Male
Posts: 623
 
Device(s): Verizon GS4, Verizon Note2, Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony NSZ-GS7
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 326
Thanked 86 Times in 67 Posts
batradar73@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmazzz View Post
Thanks, that's good to know. I was going to try TWRP when I get home from work.
If you use the latest version of ADB, you should have a problem with the 'sideload' command.
Caveman419 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Droid_Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gulf Coast
Gender: Male
Posts: 301
 
Device(s): LG G2 Samsung Nexus 10
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 9
Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
Default

I restored my Nandroid of 4.2.1. Used Voodoo RootKeeper to save root and flashed the zip in TWRP. Worked fine. Restored root with VooDoo and had to re-install TWRP through GooManager and back up and running with 4.2.2 in less than five minutes!
Droid_Junky is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 15
 
Device(s): OG Droid, Dinc II(retired), Xoom, Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is it more stable than 4.2.1? I had to go the custom ROM route because 4.2.1 just would reboot all the time. I would love to be back on stock, but only if it's stable. Please let me know.
tachnician199 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Droid_Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gulf Coast
Gender: Male
Posts: 301
 
Device(s): LG G2 Samsung Nexus 10
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 9
Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: 4.2.2 OTA Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachnician199 View Post
Is it more stable than 4.2.1? I had to go the custom ROM route because 4.2.1 just would reboot all the time. I would love to be back on stock, but only if it's stable. Please let me know.
So far it appears to be stable for me. Left it running overnight and no reboots. I can't be positive but it seems faster as well. Tibu restored really quick. I have 127 apps to restore and it seemed to only take a few minutes. Normally I would have to walk away and come back.
Droid_Junky is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Droid_Junky For This Useful Post:
tachnician199 (February 13th, 2013)
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 15
 
Device(s): OG Droid, Dinc II(retired), Xoom, Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

@Droid_Junky Thanks for the info! Think I'll watch this thread and see if this really does stabilize teh Nexus 10.
tachnician199 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_Junky View Post
I restored my Nandroid of 4.2.1. Used Voodoo RootKeeper to save root and flashed the zip in TWRP. Worked fine. Restored root with VooDoo and had to re-install TWRP through GooManager and back up and running with 4.2.2 in less than five minutes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_Junky View Post
So far it appears to be stable for me. Left it running overnight and no reboots. I can't be positive but it seems faster as well. Tibu restored really quick. I have 127 apps to restore and it seemed to only take a few minutes. Normally I would have to walk away and come back.

I did the same thing yesterday when I got home. No problems at all. I didn't have to restore apps. Did you do a wipe before you installed it?

I'm leaving mine on all day while I'm at work to check for reboots, although it was rare if I had one before. It may be just a coincidence, but my wifi is also a lot better. Since about 2 weeks ago it's been terrible even though my laptop seemed normal. Now my N10 is back up to normal. I hope it stays that way.
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Droid_Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gulf Coast
Gender: Male
Posts: 301
 
Device(s): LG G2 Samsung Nexus 10
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 9
Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: 4.2.2 OTA Update

I didn't wipe anything. Also left it running while at work. Haven't made it home yet.

Edit: 19 hours up time with no reboots so far! And it's definitely faster. Haven't found any lag so far!
Droid_Junky is online now  
Last edited by Droid_Junky; February 13th, 2013 at 02:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

No reboots on mine and my WiFi is still working great!

I'm enjoying using my tablet again.
Caveman419 likes this.
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Droid_Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gulf Coast
Gender: Male
Posts: 301
 
Device(s): LG G2 Samsung Nexus 10
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 9
Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
Default

So the only issue I have found is that I can't get rid of the Google Play movie error 408. "Couldn't fetch license."

Anyone else seeing this error?
Droid_Junky is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
The_Superhoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Falls Church, VA
Gender: Male
Posts: 271
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5 - Black, Nexus 10, Razr (retired), Razr Maxx (broke screen), Thunderbolt (gave to mom)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 38
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Directed here from post on main Nexus 10 board... Directions on link say this is for going from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2, but as discussed I'm only on 4.2.0. Won't the update require 4.2.1 installed to work?
The_Superhoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1971165

I don't think so, but you can go to that link and download the previous update. They have it fixed now so you can flash in recovery. Then you can flash 4.2.2.
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Droid_Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gulf Coast
Gender: Male
Posts: 301
 
Device(s): LG G2 Samsung Nexus 10
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 9
Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: 4.2.2 OTA Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Superhoo View Post
Directed here from post on main Nexus 10 board... Directions on link say this is for going from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2, but as discussed I'm only on 4.2.0. Won't the update require 4.2.1 installed to work?
I believe it's a full ROM but if you want to play it safe you could flash the one from the xda thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2148381

And actually by using the one from XDA you don't have to hassle with preserving root and losing custom recovery. Flashing the one from this thread is a little more work. The one I linked wasn't available when this thread was started.
Droid_Junky is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_Junky View Post
So the only issue I have found is that I can't get rid of the Google Play movie error 408. "Couldn't fetch license."

Anyone else seeing this error?
I rarely use play movies but I tried it last night and it worked fine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Superhoo View Post
Directed here from post on main Nexus 10 board... Directions on link say this is for going from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2, but as discussed I'm only on 4.2.0. Won't the update require 4.2.1 installed to work?
Superhoo did you get it to work?
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Droid_Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gulf Coast
Gender: Male
Posts: 301
 
Device(s): LG G2 Samsung Nexus 10
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 9
Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: 4.2.2 OTA Update

Well darn. I don't really use the movies either but I don't like knowing something doesn't work. I've run out of ideas.

Guess it doesn't matter. Waiting on paranoid to get updated so I can install my favorite Lucid theme.
Droid_Junky is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_Junky View Post
Well darn. I don't really use the movies either but I don't like knowing something doesn't work. I've run out of ideas.

Guess it doesn't matter. Waiting on paranoid to get updated so I can install my favorite Lucid theme.

Have you tried clearing data and cache in the app and also maybe the Google services framework app.
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 05:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Droid_Junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gulf Coast
Gender: Male
Posts: 301
 
Device(s): LG G2 Samsung Nexus 10
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 9
Thanked 85 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: 4.2.2 OTA Update

I did. I've wiped everything I could find. Even uninstalled and reloaded from scratch.

Looks like there was so many changes with the update that the CM10 ROMS are struggling to get all of their mods in place. Might be on stock for a while! But overall it was a good update.
Droid_Junky is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 673
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 45 Times in 33 Posts
Default

I'm not the most tech savvy dude here. I did manage to root my nexus 10 a few months ago when I got it. But now I can't update it after root. Is there "install new update and not lose root for dummies" way of doing this?

Or maybe someone can walk me through it? I read every single post in here and not much makes sense to me.
__________________
HTC Eris
rick311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick311 View Post
I'm not the most tech savvy dude here. I did manage to root my nexus 10 a few months ago when I got it. But now I can't update it after root. Is there "install new update and not lose root for dummies" way of doing this?

Or maybe someone can walk me through it? I read every single post in here and not much makes sense to me.

Did you install a custom recovery when you rooted? Download the update then go to recovery and select install zip from SD card. But first, download OTA Rootkeeper from the play store. Install it and then use it to temporary unroot. Then install the update from recovery. After you reboot use OTA Rootkeeper again and select restore root.

If you still have stock recovery, you can download the update, rename it to update.zip and select the install update option in recovery.
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 673
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 45 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: 4.2.2 OTA Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmazzz View Post
Did you install a custom recovery when you rooted? Download the update then go to recovery and select install zip from SD card. But first, download OTA Rootkeeper from the play store. Install it and then use it to temporary unroot. Then install the update from recovery. After you reboot use OTA Rootkeeper again and select restore root.

If you still have stock recovery, you can download the update, rename it to update.zip and select the install update option in recovery.
I've tried all of these options. I can't seem to get it done at all. Any other way to do it? I wonder what I could be doing wrong. Grrrrrrr.
rick311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

Can you explain exactly what you do and what happens?
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 673
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 45 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: 4.2.2 OTA Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmazzz View Post
Can you explain exactly what you do and what happens?
I downloaded root keeper. Then I downloaded the update from the original post in this thread. Ran the root keeper app. Shut down my nexus. Reboot in recovery and tried to flash from SD. It says it fails to install via tried moving it around in different locations (moving the file around from the download folder tooth root of the "SD" card) and still nothing. I even tried renaming it to update and it would still fail. It would say that the file isn't verified.
rick311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick311 View Post
I downloaded root keeper. Then I downloaded the update from the original post in this thread. Ran the root keeper app. Shut down my nexus. Reboot in recovery and tried to flash from SD. It says it fails to install via tried moving it around in different locations (moving the file around from the download folder tooth root of the "SD" card) and still nothing. I even tried renaming it to update and it would still fail. It would say that the file isn't verified.
Which recovery are you using? Which method did you use to root?
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 673
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 60
Thanked 45 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmazzz View Post
Which recovery are you using? Which method did you use to root?
I believe i am using the TeamWin recovery. (i got it from here: Download: Nexus 10 “mantaray” Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Update – Droid Life)

and for rooting, I followed these instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2015467

Hope that you can help me with this info. I even tried updating from the stock recovery and it says the package file is invalid.

I might just unroot, factory reset, update, then re root.
rick311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,069
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick311 View Post
I believe i am using the TeamWin recovery. (i got it from here: Download: Nexus 10 “mantaray” Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Update – Droid Life)

and for rooting, I followed these instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2015467

Hope that you can help me with this info. I even tried updating from the stock recovery and it says the package file is invalid.

I might just unroot, factory reset, update, then re root.

Ok, the instructions at XDA are for Wugs toolkit. I think there is an option in that toolkit to download and install updates but I could be wrong. I haven't used it in a while.

Or you might try this toolkit and option #9. You might also use it to install the latest TWRP recovery with option #6.
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10 > Nexus 10 - All Things Root

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.