Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Wolfedude88
  • 1 Post By Wolfedude88
  • 1 Post By ArmageddonX
  • 1 Post By Atma
  • 1 Post By Atma
  • 1 Post By darkuni

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,850 Posts
Default Nexus 10 Reviews & Hands On

No real reviews yet, but there are a few hands-on looks at the Nexus 10.

*EDIT*
New full reviews in second post.

Wired Hands-On

"I’ve still got a lot of testing to do with the Nexus 10 before a full-on review, but so far it feels more like a bigger version of the fantastic Nexus 7 than just another “me too” 10-inch tablet. This is an achievement for Google, considering how completely forgettable most large Android tablets are."

SlashGear Hands-On

"It’s the display that obviously catches your attention. Samsung calls its panel True RGB Real Stripe PLS but the only takeaway you need is that it’s incredibly bright, has vast viewing angles – you can basically look at it askance and still see everything, without any color inversion or distortion – and graphics appear painted onto the Gorilla Glass 2."

Engadget Hands-On

Last edited by Atma; November 6th, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
sponsored links
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Now full reviews are starting to come in.

SlashGear Review Nov. 2

9,000 mAh is a big battery, but it has a powerful processor and lots of pixels to satisfy. Google’s prediction of up to 7hrs web browsing or up to 9hrs HD video playback actually turned out to be over-cautious, however, when faced with more typical mixed use. Browsing, streaming Full HD movies from Google Play, reading digital magazines, and doing some emailing and photography, and the Nexus 10 managed 11hrs, which is particularly impressive.

The Verge Review Nov. 2

I was worried about how all the pixel-pushing would affect the Nexus 10's performance, but I needn't have been. I'm not sure what to credit — the ever-improving Android platform, or the Exynos 5250 Cortex-A15 processor powering the Nexus 10 — for the fact that the Nexus 10 is the fastest, smoothest, most reliable and powerful Android tablet I've ever used. (And I'm pretty sure I've used all of them.) Swiping through homescreens is smooth, apps launch a lot faster than I'm used to, and multitasking is an absolute breeze — even with 20-plus apps open, nothing seemed to slow down.

ZD Net Nov. 2

Audio is very good, for a tablet. The Nexus 10 has stereo speakers along the shorter edges of the case that give plenty of volume and good separation when watching videos in landscape mode. It's not until you actually get proper stereo from a tablet that you realise how much you've missed it — if anyone still does comparative device shopping in the high street, this one feature may sell a substantial number of devices.

Engadget Nov. 2

The brightness of the display is fair, though not quite as searingly bright as the 600nits the Infinity can pump out. Colors are well-rendered and viewing angles are very good, but we were a bit disappointed by the contrast. Blacks were a bit on the murky side, sometimes appearing more purplish, and we couldn't help but notice some distracting light leakage around the lower corners of the display, something we verified on a second Nexus 10.

Wired Nov. 2

Let’s start with the beautiful display. Up close and at arm’s length, it looks just as good as the third- and fourth-generation iPad’s 2048 x 1536 Retina display. The resolution of the Nexus 10 is actually higher — 2560 x 1600 across 10.055-inches — though the two display resolutions appear identical to the naked eye. Nothing looks bad on the Nexus 10. Colors are bright and vibrant. Detail is plentiful, and text rivals the printed page. Movies, photos, web pages, books, magazines and particularly games — everything looks outstanding.

Ubergizmo Nov. 2

With the Google Nexus 10, Google and Samsung have managed to come up with a technological wonder. Google has made the right calls in term of aesthetics and industrial design, while Samsung was able to bring the best hardware to the game. The display is beautiful and the system has enough muscles to handle any media you throw at it.

ExtremeTech Nov. 2

Even when it comes to the 10.1-inch PLS (enhanced IPS) 25601600 display, fault can be found. While the resolution is the highest on the market, that’s where the superlatives cease. Anandtech found the Nexus 10′s display to be middle-of-the-road in terms of brightness and contrast. Viewing angles are excellent — but at what expense? Cramming that many pixels into a tablet requires much stronger backlighting than a lower-resolution display — and as we can see from the low brightness of the Nexus 10, Samsung/Google obviously decided to skimp on the backlight, so as to maintain some semblance of all-day battery life.

Mashable Nov. 4

I do want to note that as much as I enjoyed the tablet in landscape, I didn’t love using it in portrait. It’s just too tall and too narrow. I read a lot on my iPad — especially magazines — and the experience is nearly perfect. We’ll be discussing the magazine situation on the Nexus 10 (and Android in general) in a future article, but suffice to say, it’s not as enjoyable on a 16:10 device because the ratio really works against reading.

The Guardian Nov. 5

If you're a geek (I class myself in that category, so the term isn't pejorative) who definitely doesn't want an iPad: The Nexus 10 is the best 10in Android tablet available. Buy it, customise it to run exactly the way you want, enjoy it.

T3 Online Nov. 6

All our design disappointments were instantly forgotten once the screen sparked into life. The Nexus 10's display is nothing short of sensational. The 10-inch Corning Gorilla Glass 2 panel boasts a record 2560 x 1600 pixels and a screen resolution of 300ppi. That’s more than your HDTV and leagues ahead – statistically at any rate – than the iPad’s much admired 264ppi Retina display.

TechHive Nov. 6

The Nexus 10 performed well on our battery life tests, too. It lasted 8 hours, 55 minutes while playing back a high-definition video on continuous loop, at a brightness of 200 nits. That's about one hour longer than the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity; a half-hour longer than the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1; and the same as Microsoft's Surface with Windows RT. The third-generation iPad's lasted 10 hours, 46 minutes.

Android Police Nov. 8

But maybe you like the 10-inch form factor. Maybe 7-inches is just too small for you. Or maybe you want a tablet to use for work - documents, spreadsheet, or other text entry. For that, the Nexus 10 is pretty perfect. Ultimately, here's an ideal scenario: Nexus 7 for gaming, casual reading, and social networking. Nexus 10 for "serious" web browsing and getting work done. But there's a chance you're not going to want to spend $600+ on a pair of tablets that will do the same thing you can already use your computer for. Then you have to make a decision.

Pocket-Lint Nov. 9

Graphically, we found that the Nexus 10 handled games nicely. Need for Speed Most Wanted looks and sounds sensational, although we're almost tempted to say we prefer gaming on the smaller Nexus 7 as there's less to heft around when it comes to motion control. Shadowgun too looks amazing, albeit with some oddities when switching scenes. Less intensive games, like Angry Birds Star Wars HD, look stunning and play beautifully on a tablet of this size.

Ars Technica Nov. 11

The real star of the show here is the Nexus 10’s crisp 2560x1600 screen (a crisp screen similarly stole the spotlight earlier this year when the iPad got its first Retina Display). When we first wrote about the new Samsung Exynos 5 chip that the tablet is using, we noted that its ARM Mali-T604 graphics processor had been developed with the pixel-pushing power and memory bandwidth to drive high-resolution displays, and that's just what Samsung and Google are using it for here.

PC Magazine Nov. 13

The Nexus 10 tablet is attractive, well-built, and well-priced. But its software doesn't live up to the promise of its hardware. While testing the tablet I ran into far too many bugs, battery life suffers because of the high-res screen, and Google's lack of guidance on tablet-focused apps means you'll be downloading a lot of dreck. It's too uneven an experience.

Droid Life Nov. 20

To sum it all up, I think Google has accomplished what they set out to do – create a 10″ tablet for those that want it and expect it to be an absolute dream device at the same time. Sure, the back is a fingerprint magnet, but that is really the only negative I can come up with. The display is gorgeous, the device is extremely fast and responsive, and it will receive updates for a long time to come. As an Android fan, that is literally all we can ask for.

Review Lagoon Dec. 5 by darkuni

This is probably the droid you’re looking for. The price is substantially lower than an iPad – even most top end 10″ Android tablets. The screen is insane, it is silky smooth and the weight and construction round out a near-perfect package.
Last edited by Atma; December 27th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atma For This Useful Post:
ArmageddonX (November 6th, 2012), atg284 (November 18th, 2012), Wolfedude88 (November 4th, 2012)
Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmazzz View Post
Engadget Nov. 2

we couldn't help but notice some distracting light leakage around the lower corners of the display, something we verified on a second Nexus 10.

I'm not liking the sound of that.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus5 - Nexus10
Carrier: Sprint

The reviews are certainly not 100% positive. The Nexus 10 seems not to be the 'home-run' that the Nexus 7 was. That being said, nobody is really denying the Nexus 10 is still amazing and it's the premier Android tablet now.

~ ArmyX
"If anyone's head is acting an antenna, seek help or wear tin foil." ~ EarlyMon
Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Droid DNA(Red)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonX View Post
The reviews are certainly not 100% positive. The Nexus 10 seems not to be the 'home-run' that the Nexus 7 was. That being said, nobody is really denying the Nexus 10 is still amazing and it's the premier Android tablet now.

~ ArmyX
Yeah but engagdets review seemed a little dumb to me. They act like the dual core process is a step backwards. I thought the a 15 is suppose to be top notch. They were also thinking it was slow because of benchmarks.

I also read the verge review. They gave the new ipad a 9 or something. Really not sure why it seems to get a free pass, it was a small upgrade. Nexus 10 has better processor and screen. Ipad is better build quality and better apps, that should be it.

I like the ipad but apple sure gets a lot of free rides it seems.
atg284 likes this.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

The verge

Ipad

GOOD STUFF
Display is still best-in-class
Apps launch faster and smoother than ever
App ecosystem is unrivaled
BAD STUFF
iOS is lacking some features
Lightning ecosystem is relatively small
Still pricey with LTE

Score 9.3

Ipad mini

GOOD STUFF
Fantastic design and build quality
Software selection second to none
Great battery life
BAD STUFF
Screen is lower resolution than the competition
Can sometimes be a little awkward to hold
Expensive

Score 9.0

Nexus 10

GOOD STUFF
Fantastic display
Fast, smooth performance
Great battery life
Good speakers for a tablet
BAD STUFF
App ecosystem woefully lacking in tablet apps
High-res screen clashes with some low-res Android graphics
Materials not as good as Nexus 7

Score 8.3

Didn't the ipad 3 have issues with the apps not being high res at first too?
Not to mention the specs but both the nexus 7&10 are quite a bit cheaper
atg284 likes this.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Note II
Carrier: Smart

I definitely stopped reading verge reviews after I noticed the Apple stuff always got way higher despite their own criticisms
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfedude88 View Post
GOOD STUFF
Fantastic display
Fast, smooth performance
Great battery life
Good speakers for a tablet
BAD STUFF
App ecosystem woefully lacking in tablet apps
High-res screen clashes with some low-res Android graphics
Materials not as good as Nexus 7

Score 8.3

I'd like to see the formula they use to come up with the numbers. I think it would look something like this:

The Following User Says Thank You to Atma For This Useful Post:
ski3high (November 10th, 2012)
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

So I own a nexus 7, just received a ipad mini, and I'm currently using an iPhone 5. I love technology, I think all are great.

I love the size of the ipad mini, I think the 4:3 ratio works here, good screen size. But for 330 it is a step price. $70 bucks more gets you a nexus 10 or $130 less gets you a nexus 7.

You really do see a big difference in screen size with the nexus 7 and ipad mini, but the nexus 7 screen looks noticeably sharper as well.

I'm not sure how the ipad mini doesn't get dinged for that.

The only thing in worried about is the light leakage on the nexus 10. But im sure it is with only some devices. My ipad mini is white and came with some scuffs on the back. So it happens.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you look at several reviews they show no memory expansion as a negative for the Nexus 10, whereas with the iPad 4 the lack of expansion isn't even mentioned. There seems to be a different standard in these reviews for features & pricing depending on which brand they are reviewing.

Objectively I can say that the iPad has the edge in the Tablet App catalogue and the build quality. Nexus 10 has the edge in the display, price, OS, and the specs.

Realistically the Tablet App catalogue is the real feather in Apple's hat. Google and Android developers need to start pumping out high resolution quality Tablet Apps for Android.

~ ArmyX
atg284 likes this.
Last edited by ArmageddonX; November 2nd, 2012 at 04:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArmageddonX For This Useful Post:
Night Office (August 14th, 2013), Wolfedude88 (November 3rd, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
If you look at several reviews they show no memory expansion as a negative for the Nexus 10, whereas with the iPad 4 the lack of expansion isn't even mentioned. There seems to be a different standard in these reviews for features & pricing depending on which brand they are reviewing.

Objectively I can say that the iPad has the edge in the Tablet App catalogue and the build quality. Nexus 10 has the edge in the display, price, OS, and the specs.

Realistically the Tablet App catalogue is the real feather in Apple's hat. Google and Android developers need to start pumping out high resolution quality Tablet Apps for Android.

~ ArmyX
Completely agree, I think the nexus 7 helped tablet apps but I'm hoping the nexus 10 is what pushes it to the next level.

One thing the verge said was the nexus 10 is the smoothest, fastest, and most reliable android tablet they have ever used. But somehow Engadget acts like it isn't even fast. Though I think they are going off of benchmarks on engagdet, though the verge has the nexus 10 at the top even on benchmarks.

I can't wait to get to try one out in person. Man oh man my wife hates my technology addiction. Hehe
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfedude88 For This Useful Post:
ArmageddonX (November 2nd, 2012)
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Added Wired review. They gave it 8/10 for reasons I don't really care about. At least they didn't mention any light bleed.
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to tsaunders Send a message via Yahoo to tsaunders Send a message via Skype™ to tsaunders

My issue is I can't decide if I should just get the 7 or wait for the 10 to be released.

Follow me on Twitter
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 5, LG G Pad 8.3

What stops me from buying the 7" is that hi res screen on the 10"
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to tsaunders Send a message via Yahoo to tsaunders Send a message via Skype™ to tsaunders

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrider62 View Post
What stops me from buying the 7" is that hi res screen on the 10"
That's one of my reasons but I sold my Droid Charge and my Touchpad and I have the money ready to buy the Nexus 7 32GB.
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #16 (permalink)

My wife has the 7" it's a good size to carry around it's a lot easier than a 10"
The Following User Says Thank You to techrider62 For This Useful Post:
tsaunders (November 5th, 2012)
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
My wife has the 7" it's a good size to carry around it's a lot easier than a 10"
That's what I am hearing. I just really like the screen on the 10"

I'll probably just go to gamestop and pick up the Nexus 7 - lol
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

I think you'll be happy.
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Only place I'll be carrying mine is to the couch so I don't care how big it is.
atg284 likes this.
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

Nothing says you can't carry a 10" around it's just easier to do so with the 7"
sponsored links
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
I think you'll be happy.
That's what I have heard and I am hoping. I could get it off Newegg no taxes - :P
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Added new review. I've seen about half of these say the aspect ratio is 16:10 and the others say 16:9. Anyone know which?
Old November 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 10

According to the resolution specs it's 16:10.

I suspect reviewers just cite 16:9 because they expect readers to be more familiar with the ratio. It's also possible that the display ratio is closer to 16:9 after subtracting out the navigation/status bar area.
Old November 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

I really can't decide here. I want a LTE/3G tablet. I'm totally indecisive on the Nexus 10. Specs are amazing, but the lack of Tablet Apps and LTE/3G kind of bothers me.

~ ArmyX
Old November 7th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
The PearlyMon

Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift

Thanked 54,848 Times in 21,880 Posts

Quote:
I really can't decide here. I want a LTE/3G tablet. I'm totally indecisive on the Nexus 10. Specs are amazing, but the lack of Tablet Apps and LTE/3G kind of bothers me.

~ ArmyX
iOS apps don't scale to screen resolution, better Android apps do. iOS has a tablet catalog because they need one.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Links: Site Rules / Guidelines -and- Zero Tolerance Policy (All Members Read)

For right-on help, the Thanks button is on the right of the post.
For anything out in left field, the /!\ report button is to the left.

Remember, it's our forums and we're all in this together - so let's keep it cool!

Shoot the breeze at the best new gun forum!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
ArmageddonX (November 7th, 2012), atg284 (November 18th, 2012)
Old November 7th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
iOS apps don't scale to screen resolution, better Android apps do. iOS has a tablet catalog because they need one.
Good point! I am ready to pull the Trigger on the Nexus 10. I wish they had a LTE or HSPA+ version. Perhaps they will release one like they did with the Nexus 7 HSPA+? So maybe I should wait? Not sure.

~ ArmyX
Old November 7th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

After I sent my Nexus 7 back I thought I would wait for a Nexus 10. Now its here and I'm wondering if I should wait to see what the Microsoft Surface Pro looks like. When that comes out I would probably be waiting for the next great thing to come out. I could keep waiting and worrying about buyer's remorse and never have anything.

I've just about made up my mind to have a Nexus 14 (a 10 and a 4). Just about..
ArmageddonX likes this.
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Added two new reviews. The Android Police review is a really good in-depth review, IMO.
Wolfedude88 (November 10th, 2012)
Old November 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Added Ars Technica review. It gives a few comparisons to the Nexus 7.
Old November 15th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #30 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S5 - Black, Nexus 10, Razr (retired), Razr Maxx (broke screen), Thunderbolt (gave to mom)

Here's a "review" comparing pros and cons of Nexus 10 to iPad, Kindle Fire HD, Galaxy Tab 2, Galaxy Note, Nook HD, and Surface

Review by AP, but the link is to Yahoo's posting of it

How new Google Nexus 10 compares with rivals - Yahoo! News
Last edited by The_Superhoo; November 15th, 2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: more info
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Superhoo For This Useful Post:
Atma (November 15th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old November 16th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #31 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon LG G2, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Too many things

Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,340 Posts

I'm seeing a lot of reviews where they say it's basically on par with the Asus Infinity.

I held off on upgrading my Prime to the Infinity for this. Now I'm wondering if that was a wise choice.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj02vette View Post
I'm seeing a lot of reviews where they say it's basically on par with the Asus Infinity.

I held off on upgrading my Prime to the Infinity for this. Now I'm wondering if that was a wise choice.
I would tell you: If you absolutely need a SDCard Slot & want a keyboard then get the Infinity. If those two things are not a factor, then get the Nexus 10.

~ ArmyX
Old November 20th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Added new review from Droid Life.
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:55 AM   #34 (permalink)

Device(s): RAZR MAXX HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfedude88 View Post
The verge

Ipad mini

GOOD STUFF
Fantastic design and build quality
BAD STUFF
Can sometimes be a little awkward to hold

Score 9.0
How can the ipad mini have a fantastic design but yet be awkward to hold? Kinda is the opposite thing there. I can see it having good design and the holding factor keeping it from being fantastic...

anyway...

All I know is I am so confused as to what I want - 7 inch or 10 inch, Nexus or ipad. All these reviews are all over the place and not that much of a help (not reading much of the "i" reviews because Apple can do no wrong in the world). I am also worried about the apps and cases for the device. I really want a case that has a cover and flips over to double as a stand, so it can be put in a bag with ease and not have to worry about the screen and also be propped up for movie watching. The ipad had about 1 million options and the Nexus has almost nothing, and will most likley never more than that. The app market and selection is just better laid out in the ipad and as pointed out in the reviews the play market is lacking and I only see a few "HD" tags on my Android apps. It really is hard because I *want* to want the Nexus 10 but when I lay out the things that are important to me its hard to pull the trigger.
Last edited by FussBoss; November 21st, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:26 AM   #35 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon LG G2, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Too many things

Quote:
I would tell you: If you absolutely need a SDCard Slot & want a keyboard then get the Infinity. If those two things are not a factor, then get the Nexus 10.

~ ArmyX
Thanks. If the 32GB was in stock last week, it wouldn't have been a choice. But when I started reading reviews and the consensus seems to be its awesome but not the slam dunk the Nexus 7 was. And while faster in some things, slower in others while a bit buggy hardware. Still, i'm sure those issues will be worked out quickly, not a huge deal. But complaints about build quality did bother me a bit.

So at best buy the other day, the Infinity was down to $449, plus I had $310 in reward points that were about to expire (ironic since I don't shop at BB often). So out the door for about $150 total. The Prime is going to my wife.

Still, I have a spot in my heart for the Nexus 10. Almost tempted to pick one up if I could justify it. So please give me a reason.
Last edited by nj02vette; November 22nd, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:30 AM   #36 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj02vette View Post
Still, I have a spot in my heart for the Nexus 10. Almost tempted to pick one up if I could justify it. So please give me a reason.
It will probably be in Walmart soon. Pick one up and try it. Walmart has an easy return policy if you don't like it.

I think the build quality is great, except, for the back cover. You can see what I mean in this video. I hadn't even taken the plastic off mine and didn't notice it, although I would hear a faint occasional pop or clicking noise. Mine flexes like that but not to that extent. I've seen others say the same thing and others say theirs doesn't do it at all. I've considered RMA'ing it for an exchange, and still may, but it really doesn't bother me that much and with a case I may never notice it again.

Even with that problem, I love this tablet.
Old November 26th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #37 (permalink)

I manned up and bought the 32GB Nexus 10. Going to give the Infinity to my wife, and downgrade the Prime to my Daughter.

Just like having Nexus devices. That and the I/O performance wasn't really improved too much on the Infinity over the Prime.
Old December 5th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #38 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus (LTE) Rooted, Nexus 10 Rooted, Asus Nexus 7 Rooted

darkuni

I'd like to add my own review:

Review: Samsung Nexus 10 Tablet | Review Lagoon

A lot of folks around here seem to appreciate my articles. Hopefully this will get a couple of people off the fence and pulling the trigger on one of these killer tablets.
Atma likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darkuni For This Useful Post:
Atma (December 27th, 2012), kristalsoldier (December 15th, 2012), RaLeX (December 12th, 2012)
Old December 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #39 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Desire-Z.

Quote:

It is obviously good that the apps written for phones mostly run without modification though some of them look rather strange and don't use the large screen effectively so more tablet optimised apps would be very welcome. The Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 have set high standards for tablet hardware available at a reasonable price and I am sure everyone, including Google, is hoping this will stimulate the writing of more tablet apps or apps which adapt to use the larger screen of the tablet effectively.
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #40 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkuni View Post
I'd like to add my own review:

Review: Samsung Nexus 10 Tablet | Review Lagoon

A lot of folks around here seem to appreciate my articles. Hopefully this will get a couple of people off the fence and pulling the trigger on one of these killer tablets.

Hi darkuni

Sorry I missed yours. Its a good review. I added it to the OP.
sponsored links
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:56 PM   #41 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Droid Maxx Hd Phone, Nexus 10 Tablet
Carrier: Verizon (phone only)

Send a message via AIM to tanware

Google Nexus 10 review: Perfect ten - GSMArena.com

you can't believe then benchmarks. Egypt HD I get 26fps but off screen I got 34 fps. Also sunspider 0.9.1 (788.6) and benchmark 2 (2141) are way better scores. This also though now makes me doubt the numbers there for the other systems used as comparison. Though I do have Boat browser as my default.
Old May 25th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #42 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hello mate am in 2 minds weather to get a n10 or iPad 4 what would you recommend?

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10