Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Atma

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooksville/Spring Hill
Posts: 278
 
Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, LG Motion
Carrier: Metropcs

Thanks: 43
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default Wow PC Mag Review is a Bummer

I just read the PC magazine review which reported that the 10 was less than very good and it seems like they had many problems. After reading that review, I think I will wait to supplement my Nexus 7 and LePad 2 as right now I would go towards the Asus T700 yet I am sure in the next few months there will be something better.

Interesting to read about the speed test results with the Nexus 10 as my cheap Le Pan on my cable connection will frequently exceed 40 down and 8 up which is considerably more than my Nexus 7.

In short, I am a bit bummed to see the comments by the PC Mag reviewer.

Advertisements
4ubest is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 395
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default

I've read several lukewarm reviews, which is why I want to pick one up in stores instead of buying through Google.

I expect that I'll still love it, but I want to be able to easily return it if needed
rawness is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,070
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

I read that earlier today. They seemed to have a lot different view than others I've read.
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ArmageddonX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,541
 
Device(s): Nexus5 - Nexus10
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 369
Thanked 840 Times in 417 Posts
Default

There seems to be a love/hate relationship with Android tablets around the Tech world. I can't really figure it out.

~ ArmyX
__________________
Note that thoughts expressed here are merely my personal opinions and will hopefully
share my thoughts on the matter to stimulate a respectful discussion.
"There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance." ~ Hippocrates
"If anyone's head is acting an antenna, seek help or wear tin foil." ~ EarlyMon
ArmageddonX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooksville/Spring Hill
Posts: 278
 
Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, LG Motion
Carrier: Metropcs

Thanks: 43
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonX View Post
There seems to be a love/hate relationship with Android tablets around the Tech world. I can't really figure it out.

~ ArmyX
Indeed I agree, but the review seemed more objective than subjective and it got me thinking and wondering if the reviewer had received a pre release model that since had defects corrected as surely others would have noted many of the things he panned.
4ubest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ArmageddonX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,541
 
Device(s): Nexus5 - Nexus10
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 369
Thanked 840 Times in 417 Posts
Default

I don't like to complain about reviews because really we are reading somebodies subjective opinion about a device, but that being said... I just read the PCMag review. He had a completely different experience than the rest of the reviews I have read. Why? He got a pre-release model. He admits he had a pre-release beta test version of the Nexus 10.

Plus, this is the same guy who Tweet'ed that iPad 4 got his "first 5-star review ever" (quote)... as another man said, "The reviewer does not even try to hide his toxic love with Apple. This cannot be called a review and the author cannot be called a reviewer."

Plus, he's had the Nexus 10 for weeks and he intentionally releases this negative review on launch day? /rollingeyes ... He's looking for attention.

~ ArmyX
ArmageddonX is offline  
Last edited by ArmageddonX; November 13th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 348
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonX View Post
I don't like to complain about reviews because really we are reading somebodies subjective opinion about a device, but that being said... I just read the PCMag review. He had a completely different experience than the rest of the reviews I have read. Why? He got a pre-release model. He admits he had a pre-release beta test version of the Nexus 10.

Plus, this is the same guy who Tweet'ed that iPad 4 got his "first 5-star review ever" (quote)... as another man said, "The reviewer does not even try to hide his toxic love with Apple. This cannot be called a review and the author cannot be called a reviewer."

Plus, he's had the Nexus 10 for weeks and he intentionally releases this negative review on launch day? /rollingeyes ... He's looking for attention.

~ ArmyX
Yes it is always tough when someone expresses a view that is different than the one we want to hold in our minds. I've had situations where I really really wanted some product and I tended to pooh-pooh any negative reviews and just focus on the positives to support my early (but uninformed) view.
Hogan773 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,070
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
Yes it is always tough when someone expresses a view that is different than the one we want to hold in our minds.

Well the thing about the PC mag review, it is so different from most all the other reviews. They didn't have issues like the PC Mag reviewer. His review was like an iPad love fest.

Just my opinion.
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atma For This Useful Post:
ArmageddonX (November 13th, 2012)
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooksville/Spring Hill
Posts: 278
 
Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, LG Motion
Carrier: Metropcs

Thanks: 43
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmazzz View Post
Well the thing about the PC mag review, it is so different from most all the other reviews. They didn't have issues like the PC Mag reviewer. His review was like an iPad love fest.

Just my opinion.
Actually the Engadget review I just read is very similar to the PC May one.
4ubest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 745
 
Device(s): Nexus 10, Moto Xoom, SGS3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 47
Thanked 95 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Im coming from the verizon 4G xoom and my biggest gripe is how long it takes the 4G xoom to get any updates. I think I'll be pleased with this one.
tjreishus is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.