New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By davewood44
  • 1 Post By akingsfan
  • 1 Post By kristalsoldier
  • 1 Post By kristalsoldier

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): ipad 4, iphone 5. Awaiting nexus 4
Carrier: Orange

Default I liked it, then hated it........but now!

Well got the nexus 10 delivered within 36 hours of ordering it, set it up.....loved the feel the look, it updated to the latest software and once it set itself up I hated the software. It crashed on me, froze on me, terrible stock browser, typical android I thought ( yes I'm a iOS user).

Put it back in the box, rang Google for a refund.........

However, for some reason I wanted to try again so I unpacked it, and well.....now feel a bit of a fool.........its bloody great! Really, smooth as anything, well OK, I've only been playing with it again for the last 2 hours but no crashes, slowdown or anything. (Reboot anyone?)

So sorry nexus 10, I apologise for my earlier re-boxing. But please, keep working like you are.
Caveman419 and kristalsoldier like this.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

Funny you should say that. I got my Nexus 10 shortly after ordering it (with great expectations... It's my first tablet). I initially really liked it. In fact, I loved the look & feel. However, I wasn't 'wowed' by the tablet experience as a whole. I then experimented with a couple other Android tablets, and now, I am MADLY IN LOVE with my Nexus 10! There simply isn't another tablet as smooth, snappy, or functional. Not even close. There are things that I do wish it had (expandable storage, more accessories at launch, faster charging, to name a few), but it's really an amazing tablet! I'm so glad I decided to keep it!
Caveman419 likes this.
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 10, Samsung Galaxy Fit
Carrier: Not Provided

Yup... the only thing I wish was that the charging was faster... Otherwise I could not ask for more. I also believe Microsoft is going to be releasing Office for android early next year. Once that is available the circle - for me - would be complete.
Caveman419 likes this.
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon GS4, Verizon Note2, Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony NSZ-GS7
Carrier: Verizon

batradar73@gmail.com

I originally came from the Moto Xoom. It was a big, thick heavy tablet. It ran great but the support from Verizon was horrible. It was the Dev Community that saved this tablet.
When my Nexus 10 arrived, it had the perfect feel to it. The back material was really nice to hold (kind of hard on the fingerprints) and the weight was impressive. But the thing that really took my breath away was the screen. This thing is magnificent! I am now going to start ripping my DVDs & BluRays to compatible formats to have something on the go.
I really hope that there are some accessories on the way. Google dropped the ball with the GNex. The Pogo dock was $90 for the Verizon version and it was not around long before it was discontinued. Time to step up to the plate Google....we are waiting.

Retired:
4G Motorola XOOM - - - Moto Droid X (handed over to son) - - - OG Droid
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Nexus 10, Samsung Galaxy Fit
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman419 View Post
I originally came from the Moto Xoom. It was a big, thick heavy tablet. It ran great but the support from Verizon was horrible. It was the Dev Community that saved this tablet.
When my Nexus 10 arrived, it had the perfect feel to it. The back material was really nice to hold (kind of hard on the fingerprints) and the weight was impressive. But the thing that really took my breath away was the screen. This thing is magnificent! I am now going to start ripping my DVDs & BluRays to compatible formats to have something on the go.
I really hope that there are some accessories on the way. Google dropped the ball with the GNex. The Pogo dock was $90 for the Verizon version and it was not around long before it was discontinued. Time to step up to the plate Google....we are waiting.
Agreed! Especially that case that apparently we should be able to snap to the back sheer that perforated strip currently is. I saw it on that video that Verge had put out sometime back.
Caveman419 likes this.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10