Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Atma

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 30th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default General Questions...

I am looking to buy the 16GB model and I just have a few questions prior to taking the plunge...and I don't have friends with this or any comparable tablet

1 - Does anyone have space issues with the 16gb tablet? I will likely only have 2-4 GB of music and occasionally a movie or two. Will the 16gb be sufficient?

2 - Is the screen resolution truly a deciding factor between say an iPad2 or an Asus Infinity TF700?

3 - Does anyone regret their purchase of the Nexus 10?

4 - How does it run stock? Although my current android phone is rooted, I'm struggling to see benefit of root as I seem to always have lag issues, especially of late. Knowing the Nexus is not as bloated as other tablets...can I stay on stock?

5 - Is the TF700 a better choice given the micro USB port?

Thanks in advance.

sponsored links
Old November 30th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,850 Posts

Hi Lucky.

1 - You'll start out with about 13gb free. For me 16gb is fine. I have 80 or 90 apps, a couple of Nandroids backups and have about 10gb still free. You could also root and use an OTG cable for more storage if you need it. The only reason I started looking at OTG cables a few days ago was a game I was thinking about buying. The Bard I think. The high res files are 3.5gb.

2 - The deciding factor for me, besides the high specs, was future updates. Being a Google flagship device, we'll get the latest before anyone else.

3 - Nope. Even after RMA'ing one, and waiting on delivery on the new one, I don't regret it for a minute. I love this tablet.

4 - Ran great for me on stock. I don't see any need to root if you don't want to run custom rom's or use something like Titanium Backup or another app that needs root. Unless like I stated previously, you want to use OTG and Stickmount. If you don't want to root, you can still use OTG and Nexus Media Importer. The difference is you can't write to the flash drive, or whatever, with the Media Importer.

5 - Can't answer since I've never owned the Infinity. You might check this thread though. Anyone OWN both Asus Infinity & Nexus 10?
Caveman419 likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atma For This Useful Post:
ArmageddonX (November 30th, 2012), Caveman419 (November 30th, 2012), chiph411 (November 30th, 2012)

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10