Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default some concerns about the Nexus 10

Just got my Nexus 10 on the weekend and overall happy, but noticed a few things and not sure if common with this model or just my unit.

1. The screen shows every finger print, smudge, etc. from regular use. Is this common or does it get better. I have not put any screen protector on it so far, but have not noticed this with other tablets.

2. When I was looking at the complimentary magazine issue that was preloaded on the unit, there was a lag when I "turned" the page, as it had to keep loading it. This was even though I had downloaded the magazine to my tablet.

thanks for any comments or suggestions

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,852 Posts

Hi shavald

Not much you can do about fingerprints except wipe them off.

The magazines, I only looked at one a short time. I can't remember if it was laggy or not. You might try going to developer options and checking force GPU to render 2D.
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavald View Post
Just got my Nexus 10 on the weekend and overall happy, but noticed a few things and not sure if common with this model or just my unit.

1. The screen shows every finger print, smudge, etc. from regular use. Is this common or does it get better. I have not put any screen protector on it so far, but have not noticed this with other tablets.

2. When I was looking at the complimentary magazine issue that was preloaded on the unit, there was a lag when I "turned" the page, as it had to keep loading it. This was even though I had downloaded the magazine to my tablet.

thanks for any comments or suggestions
1: This is common with any touch screen device. Some are worse than others but Oleophobic coating (No clue if the Nexus has this or not; I don't think so) only does so much to stop the oils from our fingers from smudging everywhere.

2: The speed in which it loads pages is based on your Wifi connection and speed. Before you open a Magazine in the Magazine up Press the Push Pin and wait for it to fill up with blue (it is downloading the magazine). This will stop it from downloading the page everytime you turn it to the next one.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Nexus 10